Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 24 Feb 2019, 17:52

A rematch...........

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 Feb 2019, 22:48

The JZA wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 17:52
A rematch...........

He was raining threes on us. Had to play it back
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Feb 2019, 01:16

Taking It Easy

I tried to stay out of the way and just put in some work with the NBA Combine right around the corner. No traveling, no streetball games. I know how dudes are around here. Might run across somebody in their feelings and he tries to ruin my chances of making it to the league.

“You been doing your thing, man. Analysts are taking notice. Even the other ballers are taking notice, man. Stephen A. Smith is endorsing you,” my little brother said.

“Nobody gives a shit what Stephen A. thinks, Nico.”

“Okay, well what about A.I.?”

“A.I.? As in Allen Iverson A.I.?”

“You know another one?”

He walked over to me and held up his phone, sure enough there was a tweet from Allen Iverson saying that I was gonna be the next big thing. I was floored. I had met him when I got invited to Joel Embiid’s place to play one weekend. We had spoken briefly, but I didn’t think he was going to broadcast that to the world. This might be a game changer.

“Well, I guess if folks weren’t taking notice before, they may start taking notice now.”

“That’s what the fuck I’m talking about, Antonio! No more nickel and diming in these tournaments every weekend. You can be in the League. Credi in te stesso, fratello! Nobody has ever done it like this. You makin’ history!”

I believed it a little, but I didn’t want to get ahead of myself. My entire life I’d been playing for fun and a quick check. It had been all about survival. But this thing may be real.

“King fuckin’ James, Tony!” He slid the phone back over to me again. “LeBron James just endorsed you. We going all the way! You think you’ll get drafted by the Lakers? That would be lit as fuck playing beside the King.”

“Calm down, Nico.”
I couldn’t let myself get swept up in all of his excitement. He was right though. Playing in Los Angeles would be great. Not even gonna lie. But I can’t get ahead of myself. One thing, at a time, you know.

"Big Bro is gonna play for the Lakers!"

"Relax. We gotta get through the combine first.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 14 Mar 2019, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Feb 2019, 01:23

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 26 Feb 2019, 13:25

First of all, we don't let nobody steal the rock out our hands. Basketball, volleyball, don't matter. Get that shit back!

Secondly, Image

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Feb 2019, 20:52

The JZA wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 13:25
First of all, we don't let nobody steal the rock out our hands. Basketball, volleyball, don't matter. Get that shit back!

Secondly, Image
:melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Mar 2019, 09:23

Home Sweet Home

April 2018
After picking up some buzz (and a nice tan) in Brazil over the past year, it was finally time to head back home. Playing with some real NBA ballers turned out well for me. It seemed like every day I was on the big stage, trying to get better and better. I got a chance to meet Russell Westbrook, Paul George and Chris Paul. I ran some games with Mo Bamba and Marvin Bagley. It was crazy out there. I loved every second of it. I talked to my brother almost every day. And on the days that I wasn’t playing ball, I just traveled. I think I hit almost every country in South America. And I’ve seen about half of Europe. I never imagined I’d see so much of the world just from playing streetball.

I almost flew back home one night about three months into the trip. Somebody at Uncle JJ’s job must’ve said something about me playing overseas. I was starting to make a name for myself. I had videos going viral. Everybody wanted to see what the fuss was about. Anyway, my uncle came home and tore into Nico. Asking him where I was and demanding money and shit. He tore our fucking bedrooms apart. Fortunately, little brother knew better than to keep any cash in the house, so he went over to Big Mo’s and stayed there for a few days until shit got straightened out. My uncle knew better than to cross any lines with Maurice. I had never been so angry in my life. But Mo and Nico both told me to stay and finish what I needed to do.

So, here I am. Nearly a year later and I’m back in Miami. My brother and Big Mo picked me up from the airport.

“Tone! Look at you, man. You put on some weight?” Maurice asked. My brother just stood there smiling in disbelief. He looked like he wanted to give me a hug, but I guess he didn’t wanna look like a bitch in front of Big Mo.

“Why you just standing there looking like that, Nico?” I pulled him into a one armed hug and held him for a second. I was finally back and my baby brother was still in one piece.

“It’s just good to see you.”

“Hai fatto pratica parlando italiano?”
I asked him.

“Si.” He responded. “Giornaliero.”

“Ah, don’t start that Italian shit in front of me. Grab your bags, let’s go. I’m parked in short term.”

We laughed and headed out. As we walked to the car, Maurice told me that he had some big news for me, but he’d go over everything at dinner.

30 minutes later

“I wanna thank you for taking care of my brother, Mo. I appreciate that shit more than you know, man.”

We’re sitting at a table in Truluck’s. After that whole shit with my uncle, somehow Big Mo convinced him to let my brother stay with him for a while. No fuss. I don’t know if he paid him off or sent some goons after him or what, but everything was peaceful for the rest of my trip overseas. So fucking peaceful that they flew out to Brazil for Spring Break to watch me play.

“It wasn’t nothing.” Mo shrugged. “Y’all are like my nephews. Me, your pops, and your uncle were real cool back in the day. Your dad fell in love, started a family and decided to go on the straight and narrow. But he was still good people, you know?”

“So, what’s the big news?”

“You don’t wanna order something to eat first?”

“Come on, Maurice. I won’t be able to eat until I can chill. What’s the news?”

“Well, you had gotten a lot of hype back in the States this past year. Especially from guys in the league and top draft prospects that you met over the summer.”

“I know this.”

“Well, Victor Oladipo is in Orlando. And he wants to run against you. On your court.”

“You said he’s in Orlando though?”

“He’ll be down by the end of the week.”

“Teams?”

“That’s up to you. But you got three days to get some people here.”

“Well, tell him come on down. After this loss, he’ll probably stick to singing.”

“That’s what I’m talking about, Tone!”
Nico said. “The more top level competition you play against the better our chances are.”

I nodded in agreement. Soon the waitress came over to take our order.

“Welcome to Truluck’s. Have any of you dined with us bef—”

“Eva?”

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I mean I could, but I couldn’t. Eva Walker was waiting my table at Truluck’s. At graduation, she was talking about going to New York to study acting or something like that at Tisch. Eva was fine as all hell and she definitely had a face that should be on the big screen. I mean, I had never seen her act before, but she had the look, you know? So, seeing her back here sort of threw me for a loop.

“Um, hey, Antonio.” She looked embarrassed to see me. “I didn’t know you were back in town. So, what can I get you guys started with?”

After an awkward exchange, we put our order in.

“So, you know who you calling to come out here?” Big Mo, always about the business.

“I got a few ballers on my line.”

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Mar 2019, 09:37

Eva huh, going to need a BGC on her creds for reasons of personal interest :hmm:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Mar 2019, 11:29

The JZA wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 09:37
Eva huh, going to need a BGC on her creds for reasons of personal interest :hmm:
Always vetting.... going with Zendaya for a visual

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 03 Mar 2019, 13:09

chosenone58 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 11:29
Always vetting.... going with Zendaya for a visual
:melo: