Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 May 2020, 13:51

Top Performers

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 27 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Bam Adebayo – 16 PTS, 5 REB
Hassan Whiteside – 15 PTS, 7 REB

Cleveland Cavaliers
Collin Sexton – 27 PTS, 5 REB, 8 AST
Kevin Love – 21 PTS, 5 REB, 7 AST
Jordan Clarkson – 15 PTS, 3 REB, 4 AST
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 16 May 2020, 13:57

Top Performers

Washington Wizards
John Wall – 30 PTS, 10 AST
Bradley Beal – 24 PTS, 10 AST
Trevor Ariza – 9 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 37 PTS, 5 REB, 4 AST, 3 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 15 PTS, 9 REB, 2 AST
Carmelo Anthony – 11 PTS, 3 REB

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 May 2020, 23:54

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 May 2020, 23:59

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: The Heat finally managed to log a win against the Hawks this season. Miami jumped out to a fast start, going up 10-0 before Trae Young finally dropped in a layup. Miami took a different approach this game, slowing down the pace and making calculated plays. The Hawks were playing without John Collins for the rest of the season and the season has been up and down ever since.

“Ice” Trae was ice cold in the first half, scoring only 13 points as the Hawks struggled to close the gap. Miami was up by 18 points to close out the first half. Antonio Snow had 18 points in the first half. Coincidence?

Young turned up the heat for the second half as he managed to get the Hawks within 8 points of the Heat at the end of the third quarter. He scored 25 points in the second half, finishing on 14 of 31 shooting. He hit all four of his three point shots in the second half.

Snow didn’t sit idly by while Young tried to lead his team to victory. He scored 15 points in the fourth quarter as he picked up a career high 40 points in the win over Atlanta. He shot over 50% from the field.

Antonio Snow on finally getting the win: It feels good, you know? People have been getting at the boy on social media about it. Seriously, we just wanna keep stacking those W’s. We just wanna keep it rolling. We’re in a good space. It’s always good to get a win over a conference opponent.

Erik Spoelstra on the pace of the game: We tried to go a different route tonight. Atlanta likes to get out and run, so we had to change gears. I got the idea from my wife. She made dinner for us the other night using a Crock Pot. So, I thought we’d run it a little low and slow tonight. It worked.

Dwyane Wade on the Young-Snow rivalry: I think it’s going to be great. Like a Chris Paul-Darren Williams type of thing, you know? They’re going to be tied to each other throughout their careers. It’s always great when they play against each other. Two of the most exciting young guards in the NBA today.

Key Stats for MIA: 41/76 (54%) - FG|6/16 (38%) –3PT| 16 – Second Chance Points|29 – Bench Points|29 – Assists |48 – Rebounds
38/86 (44%) - FG|9/13 (69%) –3PT| 4 – Second Chance Points|33 – Bench Points|16 – Assists |34 – Rebounds

Top Performers
Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 40 PTS, 5 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 12 PTS, 10 REB
Justise Winslow – 12 PTS, 10 REB

Atlanta Hawks
Trae Young – 20 PTS, 5 AST
Taurean Prince – 18 PTS, 11 REB, 5 AST
Dewayne Dedmon – 15 PTS, 6 REB, 3 BLK

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 24 May 2020, 00:04

Top Performers
Denver Nuggets
Jamal Murray – 22 PTS, 4 REB, 7 AST
Isaiah Thomas – 17 PTS, 2REB, 4 AST
Nikola Jokic – 16 PTS, 12 REB, 9 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 37 PTS, 4 REB, 4 AST, 3 STL
Andre Iguodala – 15 PTS, 3 REB, 3 AST
Josh Richardson – 12 PTS, 2 AST

djp73

Post by djp73 » 28 May 2020, 08:03

Snow's blowing up! I can't remember, are you doing this as an actual single player or a team?

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 May 2020, 10:24

djp73 wrote:
28 May 2020, 08:03
Snow's blowing up! I can't remember, are you doing this as an actual single player or a team?
This time I'm doing MyLeague with Player Lock on Snow. First time I've done one like this.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 May 2020, 10:50

Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Kyrie Irving – 33 PTS, 5 REB
Jayson Tatum – 20 PTS, 8 REB, 3 STL
Marcus Morris – 13 PTS, 9 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 34 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Josh Richardson – 10 PTS, 2 AST
Justice Winslow – 8 PTS, 2 REB, 2 AST

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 May 2020, 11:11

Breaking Family Ties

I walk around the deck at The Standard hotel in Miami. Even though it is 11 in the morning and even after suffering a loss to Boston the night before, I was trying to prep for a party. My only brother was turning 16 on Sunday and after all the hell we’ve been through in our lives, he deserved a great party. And I think I did too, just a little. Despite the loss, we were in a good place heading toward the All-Star break and I was in the conversation for Rookie of the Year. Things were looking up for the Snows.

“He’s gonna love this shit, Tony.” Big Mo said. “And what about the Beamer?”

“It’s going to be delivered tonight.”
I used some of the money from my Beats endorsement to get my brother a red BMW 230i convertible. Chrome trim, black leather seats with red interior. It wasn’t as nice as my blue Mercedes-AMG SUV, but it was close enough for high a high school sophomore.

“You really think he’s gonna like it?”

“If he doesn’t, he’s an ungrateful little shit. And you can tell him I said it.”

It was around 2 in the morning when Eva and I had gone up to our room for the night. I figured we may as well stay at the hotel for the night. Most of the party goers had gone home and it was just my brother downstairs with his close friends, Jackson and Tyrus. I headed to the bathroom and started the shower.

“You know you are like the best big brother in the history of big brothers right now?” Eva asked as she sat in chair and took off her shoes.

“I know it.”

“So modest.”

“Everybody knows that my and I didn’t have the best childhoods. We deserve this.”
I sighed and leaned against the door of the bathroom. “I do all of this for him. For us. Once I started getting paid for playing ball, I didn’t look back. All the money we had from the tourneys went into a separate account. Do you know how crazy it was keeping a storage locker with all of our good shit in it because we didn’t want our crazy ass uncle taking what little money we had?”

“Wow. I didn’t know that.”

“Yep. He used to spend up all my Pop’s insurance money and any aid he got from taking us in. We had food. Barely. But he gambled most of that shit away. The better I played, the more money I made.”

I could see her starting to tear up, so I decided to change the subject.

“We can dive into my past another day, but right now I could really use a shower. How about you?”

It was 10 in the morning and we had gone downstairs for breakfast. I had my game against Memphis and everybody was coming to watch. I had to get to the arena at 3, which gave me just enough time to eat, shower and take a nap.

Halfway through my second omelet, we had an unexpected visitor at our table.

“Happy birthday to my favorite nephew.”

“What are you doing here, Julian?”

Right. Standing here in the middle of the Lido Bayside Grill at our damn table. I hadn’t seen him in almost a year when he tried to ambush me outside of my doctor’s office. He was wearing a Hawaiian print shirt, and a straw fedora. He looked like he had just jumped out of a fucking Tommy Bahama ad. He smelled like he had bathed in after shave. I felt Eva’s hand squeeze my knee under the table. I placed my hand on hers and squeezed it back. I was cool. For now.

“I can’t come by and wish my nephew a happy birthday? Sixteen is a big deal. New Beamer looks nice.”

Nico's focus remained on his pancakes and bacon.

“What do you want, man?”

“I can’t get no love from the two boys I raised after my dear brother died?”

I quickly stood up from the table. “Outside. Now.”

I shoved him towards the doors of the restaurant. I had him by the arm as we quickly walked through the lobby of the hotel.

“Why are you here, man?”

“I came to wish Nico a happy birthday.”

“Cut the shit, Julian.”

“No more Uncle JJ, huh? Alright, look. I see how you two are living. You’ve done well for yourself. Big NBA star, commercials, shoes and shit. You’ve never even invited me to a single damn game.”

“Where is all this coming from?”

“I feel like I deserve my fair share for taking care of the two of you these last five or six years.”

“You have got to be fucking kidding me right now. How much do you need?”

“I mean, seeing as how you just bought your brother a new Beamer, a hundred thousand shouldn’t hurt you right?”

I couldn’t believe this guy. I pull out my phone and start typing.

“Look, I’ll make a deal with you. I will get you twenty-five thousand, but I need you to sign something for me.”

I tool his silence as an opportunity for me to continue.

“I want Nico emancipated. He’s sixteen and he wants to have his own life. I want him with me full time.”

“I don’t think I can do that, Nephew.”

“What do you mean? He lives with me anyway.”

“Yeah, but see I’m still receiving social security payments for him and I will be for the next two years. I count on that.”

“But you’re not taking care of Nico with it! You’re just spending it on your new flavor of the month! I’m sending him to school every day, making sure he has what he needs. Not you!”

“For the past three years, I was making sure that happened.”

“No, you weren’t, Uncle JJ.”

I turned around to see Nico standing behind me. He was approaching us quickly. “I want this. You owe us this much. My childhood was shit because of you!”

I step between him and Julian. “Hey! Hey, man. It’s all good. Don’t stress. We’ll take him to court if need be, it won’t be hard to convince a judge to give you your freedom from him.”

Right on cue, valet pulls up with both our cars. Nico is still staring holes in Julian. The guy hands our keys to Eva. By this point it’s safe to say that breakfast is officially over for all of us. I give Nico a small push in the direction of his car and Eva hands me his keys.

He climbs into the driver seat and rolls down the window.

“I hate him so much, man.”

“I know. And we’re going to get you out from under his thumb, I promise.”
I give him a kiss on the side of his head and step away from the car. “Amo tuo, fratello.”

“Anch’io.”

“Don’t scratch this shit, alright? I’ll see you tonight. Keep an eye on him fellas.”
I nod to his friends as my brother drives off.

I head over to my SUV. Eva is already waiting for me inside.

“You know you’ve fucked up, right, Julian? You don’t want to see us in court, man.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 May 2020, 11:19

Top Performers
Memphis Grizlies
Mike Conley – 23 PTS, 6 AST
Jaren Jackson – 13 PTS, 9 REB
Jonas Valančiūnas – 12 PTS, 18 REB

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 41 PTS, 5 REB, 6 AST, 3 STL