Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Mar 2022, 01:40

Snow out here curving the league up for him-self. Lets hit 40-6 :melo2:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Mar 2022, 10:32

The JZA wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 01:40
Snow out here curving the league up for him-self. Lets hit 40-6 :melo2:
Say less
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Mar 2022, 10:36

Top Performers
Milwaukee Bucks

Giannis Antetokounmpo – 26 PTS, 6 REB, 6 AST
Derrick Rose – 17 PTS, 3 REB, 5 AST
Chris Bassey – 11 PTS, 4 REB

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 26 PTS, 4 REB, 8 AST
Bam Adebayo – 16 PTS, 11 REB
Tony Parker – 12 PTS, 4 REB, 9 AST

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Mar 2022, 10:37

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Mar 2022, 10:47

Mamba Forever
December 31

“Didn’t expect to see you tonight.”

“Why not, man? Who doesn’t love a good pajama party? You don’t stay out too late. You got a job to do tomorrow.”

There were a lot of celebrities in town for our game against the Los Angeles Lakers on New Year’s Day. Jay Z and Beyonce decided to throw a party for New Year’s Eve. And the theme was pajamas.

“No worries, I’ll be out by two. I’m still not on that crazy ass 4 hours of sleep schedule or whatever you do, Kob.”

“Where’s your girl at?”
He asked, looking around the room.

I cringed at the question.

Kobe raised his eyebrows waiting for an answer. He had met Eva a couple of times.

“We’re on a break, I guess.”

“You guess?”

“She starts school in New York next month. Didn’t want to feel like she was living in my shadow. She wanted to create her own path. So she decided that it’d be best if ended things now. Clean break or some shit.”

“You don’t agree?”

“Hell no. Why would I agree to that? I was about to buy a house.”

“A house? You feel like you ready for that type of commitment?”

“Yeah. I thought we had a future together. I know we’re young, but it worked out for you and Vanessa.”

He looked across the room at his wife and smiled. “You right. But everybody ain’t as lucky as me. Vanessa understood what I wanted to accomplish as an athlete, and she was willing to give me the space to do that while she raised our family.”

“I wanted this. That was gonna be my big New Year’s surprise. I’m glad I hadn’t closed on anything.”

“You wanted it, but did she? It’s a big fuckin step.”

“I guess she didn’t.”

He nodded his head.

“So, what are you gonna do?”

“I’ll give her the space she asked for. For now. I’m not trying to press her. I got games to play. Championships to win.”

Before he could say something else, my brother and Beyonce’s nephew, Julez, came over to get pics with us. I made my rounds, bumped into Rick Ross, Megan Thee Stallion, Lance Gross, Zendaya and a few others. This definitely would have been a great party for Eva to attend. Networking and all that. But she wants to do her own thing.

January 1

“Good game tonight, fellas!”

“Appreciate it, Kob.”

LeBron and I were talking to Kobe right after the game ended. We were able to pull out that win over Los Angeles.

“The King and the Cobra.”

“I like that. Still can’t believe he didn’t want to come to Los Angeles and hoop with me. Tell him, Kobe.”

“I would have loved to see him in the purple and gold this season, but he has to do what’s best for him. Play in the city that he loves. Miami is his home. Maybe we’ll see him down to the road.”

“Only if you take that eight out of the rafters.”

“Hell nah. Stay your ass in Miami, kid.”

“I’ll settle for the two-four.”

“Settle? You outta your damn mind.”

We all laughed before I got pulled away for an interview with Ernie, Kenny, and Shaq.

“Don’t forget your episode of Detail airs tomorrow.”

“So, I should be prepared to lose to Brooklyn is what you’re saying?”

“Grow the fuck up, kid.” He laughed as he made his way out of the arena.

January 13

I grabbed my phone from my locker and saw that I had a few text messages, but only one was worth reading.

You can’t win ‘em all. Golden State is the last team you want to play in a back to back. And that game against the Clippers was a grind.

Can’t win em all? Who is this and what have you done with Kobe? I wanted to get at least one against them this season. I only had 4 points in the 4Q.

Ha! Dead legs. You had 44 for the night.

Shit wouldn’t have happened to you.

Yeah, but you ain’t me, kid. Remember that shit. Lol

You right. I’ll be better.

There he is. Don’t make it two L’s in a row. That’s the focus. And keep those turnovers down.

I sent a thumbs up emoji and went to change so that I could do my post-game interview and catch our flight to Minnesota. I wasn’t as pissed as I was when I first walked in the locker room.

January 15

My shoot around music was interrupted by a FaceTime call. I can count on one hand the number of people that I would break shoot around for and he was one.

“What’s up, man?”

“Getting shots up early? Love to see that.”

“Well, I can’t go from Cobra to Mamba without putting in the work.”

He laughed.

“I’m not gonna be able to make it tonight, but I know you wanted to go over some things, so I broke down some footage and sent it to you.”

“Good looking out, Kob. I really appreciate the help.”

“Anytime. I’m here for the progress.”

“Yes, sir. Be better than yesterday.”

“You got it. Mamba out.”

I shook my head as I disconnected the call. He really says that shit.

January 25
I grabbed my buzzing cell phone from my bag.

“Yo, Kob!”

“Kobe, waddup?”
Carmelo yelled as he walked past. He stopped and took the phone from my hand. “Our boy working out there!”

They talked briefly before he handed my phone back to me.

“Twenty-six off the bench. Forty wins. Y’all are doing work. How different does it feel than last season?”

“Ain't like I was making buckets with my non-dominant hand. But I feels great. We had like fifty-five wins last year. Think we can take the record?”

“What do you think?”

“Thirty-six games left to play. We can only drop three. We’re already done with Golden State. Why not?”

“I like that. I like that. Just keep pushing, Kid. Keep being a leader. Keep encouraging your guys. Y’all will be alright.”

“Appreicate it, Kob. I’ll hit you up later. Tell my girl do work tomorrow.”

“Will do, brother. Take it easy.”

January 26

“Have you seen the news?” Nico asked as he burst in my room.

“The only thing I’ve been watching is game film this morning, Nico. And why are you up so early?”

“I was going to meet Madison for breakfast. Then I was going to meet her family at church.”

“Church? Major.”

Things seemed to be getting pretty serious between those two. My brother had invited Madison to his senior year kickback, then they went to homecoming together, and then he invited her to his late birthday dinner that we had last week. I got a private chef and we had some of his favorites at the house.

“Yeah, but the news, Tony.”

“I mean, what’s wrong? You ran in here like somebody died.”

He handed his phone to me. There was an article from TMZ on the screen. I just stared at the words not comprehending what I was reading. My cell phone was in the living room. There were several unopened texts, but I was looking for one.
Gigi says thanks
I checked the time stamp: 5:37am.

I called his number, but the phone went straight to voicemail. I tried a few more times. Same result. And just like that, a helicopter crash had taken him away from us. My mentor, big brother, my idol, Kobe Bean Bryant.

Agent

Post by Agent » 15 Mar 2022, 11:35

I was thinking that arm injury was going to be worse than it was after reading the tweet on the previous page but if he dropping 26 then he's all good.

Ozark :drose: I've heard that's a good show. Do you watch it or just Snow :lol2:

That screenshot against NOLA on his IG page :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RIP Kobe Bean Bryant. Just joking with him about wearing #8 & #24. Hopefully Bean's last advice on Eva is enough to convince Snow to let that go. Emotional update for Snow. :cry:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 16 Mar 2022, 12:11

chosenone58 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 10:47
Image Savage

djp73

Post by djp73 » 17 Mar 2022, 08:07

rip kobe

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 20 Mar 2022, 19:49

Agent wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 11:35
I was thinking that arm injury was going to be worse than it was after reading the tweet on the previous page but if he dropping 26 then he's all good.

Ozark :drose: I've heard that's a good show. Do you watch it or just Snow :lol2:

That screenshot against NOLA on his IG page :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RIP Kobe Bean Bryant. Just joking with him about wearing #8 & #24. Hopefully Bean's last advice on Eva is enough to convince Snow to let that go. Emotional update for Snow. :cry:
Nah, he was listed as day to day. I mean, he wasn't dropping 40, but it was also the non-dominant hand, so he was all good. Put up more jumpers in the game just to be safe.

I just started watching Ozark a few weeks ago, but it's good. I like Jason Bateman.

Had to pay tribute to the Mamba for sure.
The JZA wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 12:11
chosenone58 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 10:47
Image Savage
Felt like that was a classic Mamba response

djp73 wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 08:07
rip kobe
Legend