Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 22 Mar 2022, 10:13

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 22 Mar 2022, 10:16

Top Performers
Miami Heat

Antonio Snow – 61 PTS, 2 REB, 9 AST, 2 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 14 PTS, 11 REB
Carmelo Anthony – 13 PTS, 5 REB, 7 AST

New York Knicks
Zion Williamson – 25 PTS, 4 REB
Evan Fournier – 18 PTS, 3 REB,
Dennis Smith, Jr. – 11 PTS, 5 AST

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 22 Mar 2022, 10:23

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 22 Mar 2022, 10:25

Agent

Post by Agent » 22 Mar 2022, 10:59

Wonder how that Noah Baldwin versus Antoine Snow, Knicks/Heat matchup would go :hmm:

Salute to the 61 point game. Man was in his bag.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 22 Mar 2022, 14:17

Gr8 tribute

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2022, 10:40

Agent wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 10:59
Wonder how that Noah Baldwin versus Antoine Snow, Knicks/Heat matchup would go :hmm:

Salute to the 61 point game. Man was in his bag.
I would have to give it Snow right now. Dude is on another planet.
djp73 wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 14:17
Gr8 tribute
Thanks fam. Tried to do something appropriate

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2022, 11:01

Inside Antonio Snow’s 61-Point Tribute to the Late Kobe Bryant
As the rest of the NBA and fans around the world continue to mourn the loss of
the legendary Laker Kobe Bryant, Miami’s Antonio Snow pays tribute in his own way.

NEW YORK - Madison Square Garden is completely empty, save for Carmelo Anthony and the man of the hour, Antonio Snow. Snow sat on the visiting team’s bench staring at the court where just days after the passing of Kobe Bryant, he gave the Knicks’ faithful a night to remember. You couldn’t tell if his face was wet with tears or sweat. Anthony said they were going to just give him a moment to soak it all in, the plan was for them to join former teammate Dwyane Wade for dinner before heading back to Miami in the morning.

Just a few days shy of the 11-year anniversary of Kobe Bryant’s historic 61-point night in Madison Square Garden, breaking Michael Jordan’s record of 55 and Bernard King’s record of 60, Antonio Snow matched Bryant’s performance with 61 points of his own.

Snow walked into Madison Square Garden sporting a different look tonight. Instead of his usual number zero, he donned the number eight for Miami’s first game back.

“I wasn’t sure if I was going to do it or not. Iggy [Andre Iguodala] wears 24 for us. My people reached out to Nike to see if it was possible to get it done in time. I personally reached out to Vanessa this morning to ask if it was okay. I still had the zero in my locker just in case.”

When the game began, Snow said he had no intention of going for 61 points tonight. He was just going for the win. Wearing the number eight was enough for him tonight. He hadn’t picked up a basketball in 3 days, preferring to sit around the house in silence.

“I was just feeling really heavy since I got the news. As I’m sure everyone else is as well. This is a great loss to the basketball community, to the NBA family, to the world in general. We lost a great man. My heart goes out to his wife and daughters. His parents. His siblings. I haven’t felt a loss this great since I lost my father nearly seven years ago.”

To say he hadn’t touched a basketball in two days, his shooting touch never left him. He had 25 points in the first half as Miami rolled to a 40-61 halftime lead. He got hot from behind the arc, shooting three of five from deep as he scored another 25 points. He sat for most of the fourth quarter, towel draped over his head, watching the game on the Jumbotron.

“I wasn’t thinking about it. Even having fifty points I wasn’t thinking about the record. I was content to watch my boys carry it out.”

With the lead well in hand as the fourth quarter wore on, it looked as though Snow was done for the night. Then with four minutes left in the quarter, Carmelo Anthony looked his way and gestured for Snow to follow him to the scorer’s table. They were checking back in.

On his way to the table, he spoke with Coach Erik Spoelstra, after a few quick nods and two pats on the back, Snow checked in for Darren Collinson to a mix of cheers and boos from the Knicks faithful. He had four minute to score 11 points.

“We couldn’t let him get this close without trying,” said Anthony. “I kind of put a bug in Coach Spo’s ear and he said if Tony was down for it, then he had the green light.”

Those last 11 points weren’t easy at all, but he managed to get it done. He managed to sink two more shots from the three-point line, opening the floor for an interior attack. He reached 61 points on a dunk, but he was fouled and sent to the free throw line. He took a moment to tap his heart and point to the sky as the fans shouted, “Kobe”. Snow missed that free throw and didn’t attempt another shot for the rest of the night. When the clock ran out, he was surrounded by his teammates, and he just collapsed onto their shoulders.

“I just felt like a huge valve was released. I felt like it was something I needed to do. I felt Kob with me in those final moments. I definitely missed that free throw on purpose. I didn’t want to eclipse that record. Maybe later in life, but not tonight. I’m just glad I was able to recognize him tonight in one of the most iconic arenas in the league.”

Snow has been receiving praise from fans, as well current and former players around the league for his performance.

“It was amazing to witness then, and it was amazing to witness Tony’s performance tonight,” commented Devin Booker. “Everything lined up for him with the Knicks game being their first game back. It was poetic.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Mar 2022, 11:04

Top Performers
Washington Wizards

Bradley Beal – 20 PTS, 3 AST
Jeremy Lin – 16 PTS, 3 AST
John Wall – 15 PTS, 4 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 31 PTS, 5 REB, 11 AST