Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 02 Feb 2021, 07:07

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :melo: :goteam: :letsgo: :lebronscream: :baze:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Feb 2021, 22:46

Last edited by chosenone58 on 15 Feb 2021, 00:44, edited 2 times in total.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Feb 2021, 22:49

League Awards

ROY – Antonio Snow
6MOY – Serge Ibaka
DPOY – Giannis
MIP – Jordan Clarkson
COY – Billy Donovan (OKC)

All-NBA 1st Team
Antonio Snow
Russell Westbrook
LeBron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Nikola Jokic

All-NBA 2nd Team
Steph Curry
James Harden
Paul George
Kawhi Leonard
Karl Anthony Towns

All-NBA 3rd Team
John Wall
Kyrie Irving
Blake Griffin
Luka Doncic
Joel Embiid

All-Defensive 1st Team
John Wall
Victor Oladipo
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Draymond Green
Rudy Gay

All-Defensive 2nd Team
Antonio Snow
Russell Westbrook
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Myles Turner

All-Rookie 1st Team
Antonio Snow
Luka Doncic
Trae Young
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Mikal Bridges

All-Rookie 2nd Team
Collin Sexton
Jaren Jackson
Wendell Carter, Jr.
Kevin Knox
Mo Bamba
Last edited by chosenone58 on 15 Feb 2021, 00:47, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Feb 2021, 23:02

Last edited by chosenone58 on 15 Feb 2021, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Feb 2021, 23:13

Last edited by chosenone58 on 15 Feb 2021, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Feb 2021, 00:48

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Feb 2021, 01:08

Summary:
NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, Carmelo Anthony, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: The Miami Heat decided to go with a change in the lineup for the playoffs and added Carmelo Anthony at the four spot instead of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Antonio Snow got off to a slow start as he struggled to find the bottom of the basket. Anthony picked up the slack, as he went 3 of 4 from the field to get things started for Miami. Hassan Whiteside also showed a lot of energy, picking up a double-double in the first half with 11 points and 12 rebounds.

Milwaukee looked lost against the Heat tonight as Miami continued to run away with Game 1. They struggled on defense and they were stifled on offense as they shot less than 40% from the field. An 18-4 Miami run midway through the third quarter all but sealed the win as the Heat took a commanding 44-61 lead with just over 4 minutes remaining in the third quarter.

Key Stats for MIL: 29/79 (37%) - FG|6/27 (22%) – 3P |11/13 (85%) - FT |2 – Fastbreak Points|34 – Points in Paint|14 – Bench Points|17 – Assists|40 – Rebounds
Key Stats for MIA: 44/85 (52%) - FG|3/13 (23%) – 3P |8/9 (89%) - FT |21 – Fastbreak Points|56 – Points in Paint|34 – Bench Points|33 – Assists|41 – Rebounds

Carmelo Anthony on leading the offensive charge: Whatever I can do to help my guys get the win. They were feeding me the ball and I was able to stay in a rhythm and knock a few shots down.

Antonio Snow on his first playoff game: I love it. The atmosphere was definitely different. I had a bit of nerves early on, but my guys were behind me to settle me down. I am looking forward to the challenge. We just want to relax and have fun. I think we executed coach’s plan for us, now we have to do it three more times to move forward in the series.

Erik Spoelstra on Miami’s game plan for the series: You have to take the playoffs a game at a time. Our plan tonight was to execute our offense and we did that. We wanted to isolate Giannis and make the rest of the team beat us on defense. We did that as well. It’s give and take with Milwaukee.

Giannis on huge Game 1 loss: You never want to come out and play that flat. We just have to study the film and get ready for the next game. It’s still best of seven.

Top Performers
Milwaukee Bucks
Giannis Antetokounmpo – 25 PTS, 14 REB, 5 AST
Eric Bledsoe – 10 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST
Nikola Mirotic – 10 PTS, 6 REB

Miami Heat

Carmelo Anthony – 21 PTS, 3 REB, 4 AST
Antonio Snow – 19 PTS, 3 REB, 10 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 16 PTS, 18 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, 3 BLK

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Feb 2021, 01:21

Birthdays, Breakfast, and Basketball
“Congratulations on the win tonight, Antonio.”

“Thanks, Doris.”

“A little birdie told us that today was your birthday, quite the gift isn’t it? Rookie of the Year recipient and a playoff win?”

“Definitely a great way to celebrate the day, but we have about 15 wins left before I can really celebrate.”

A few questions later and I was done with my interview with Doris. The day got off to a great start and the win tonight just made it that much better.

Earlier…….

I smell breakfast. More specifically, I smell bacon. I roll out of bed and slip my feet into a pair of Nike slides and follow my nose to the kitchen. I see Eva placing a bowl of fruit and a glass of orange juice on a tray. She pauses when she sees me and gives me a small frown.

“You were supposed to have breakfast in bed today.”

“I’m sorry, babe.”

“Good morning. Happy Birthday.”

“Yes, it is my birthday.”
I joke. “What’s cooking, good looking?” I walk behind her and place a kiss on her neck.

“French toast, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, and orange juice.”

“Breakfast of champions,”
I say as a I reach for a strip of bacon. “It’s too quiet in here. Where’s Nico?”

“He’s out.”

I look at the clock on the microwave. It’s nearly 8:30 in the morning. “This early? On a Saturday?”

“He had to take the SATs this morning.”

“Shit! That was this morning? I totally forgot.”
My baby brother was finishing up his junior year of high school, so of course he was trying to get a head start on his future.

“Well, you have had a lot going on lately and he understands that. It’s not everyday that you lead your team to the NBA Playoffs, all while being named Rookie of the Year.”

I still couldn’t believe it. When I got the call, I was shocked to say the least. I knew I was having a great season, there’s no need in being modest about it at this point. But I wasn’t really checking the numbers. I know a lot of people say that shit, but I’m serious. I know I had a few games where it was 50 points here 40 points there, but I didn’t pay attention to all the stuff in between. I was just counting wins and trying to make good on my promise to D. Wade.

“Crazy, right?”

“I don’t think so. I always knew you were something special.”

“Really?”

“Yep.”

“Well, why did you waste all that time in high school with Demond?”

She rolls her eyes at me, knowing I said the wrong name on purpose. “His name is Dante. And I thought it was the real thing. You know, head cheerleader, star football player. But it wasn’t meant to be. And we gotta go through the wrong things to know when we’ve found the right thing.”

“Somebody’s been watching Iyanla Vanzant,”
I joke. “So, you think you got the right thing now?”

“Mhm. Unless you wanna prove me wrong.”

“Never.”

“Since you think I wasted so much time in high school, why don’t we make up for some of that time?”
I watch as she placed my French toast, bacon and eggs in the oven and put the fruit and orange juice back in the refrigerator.

“I was about to eat that.” I say in mock protest.

She looks over her shoulder and lifts one eyebrow in my direction. “We have about 3 hours until your brother gets back. You can spend it in here with your breakfast or,” she points to the bedroom, “in there with me.”

I pretend to think for a second. “Did you buy that honey syrup that I like? That can be a game changer.”

This time she gives me a playful glare. “Honey syrup, huh?” She reaches back into the refrigerator and I see her lick something off her fingers before she turns and stalks toward me. I back up a few steps before I’m met with the kitchen island. She gives me a kiss on the lips and I can taste they syrup.

“I guess that settles it then. Bedroom it is.”

Present…..

“So, Rookie of the Year slash Birthday Boy, you got plans tonight with your people or what? Me and Melo would like to take you out for a celebratory dinner.” Dwyane was standing by my locker. I smooth out the wrinkles in my Maison Kitsune t-shirt and grabbed my Rag & Bone satin bomber jacket.

“I don’t think I have any plans tonight. We kind of celebrated earlier this morning. But the gang is all here tonight. Nico, Mo, Eva.”

“Eva, yes! We definitely have to go to dinner. Gabby has been begging to meet your girl. I don’t know how you’ve managed to keep her under lock and key for damn near the whole season.”

“What about All-Star Weekend? You met her then.”

“It was like a hi and bye. And you have always rolled by the house solo or sometimes with Nico. You never bring Eva out. Text her.”

I pull out my phone and text Eva. She immediately responds that she’s down. And before I could ask, she said Nico and Mo were down to roll too. Before I could respond, Dwyane was typing quickly on his phone.

“Go do your interviews. We’ll meet you at The Forge in an hour. Go get changed. You’re not coming behind me wearing this bomber jacket.”

“The Forge? Going all out for your boy, huh? And what’s wrong with my jacket?”

He pulled up pictures of the restaurant on his phone. “That’s what’s wrong with the jacket. Besides, you only get one shot at being Rookie of the Year. And I figured I owe you one for making this one of the best seasons I’ve had in a while.”

“You saved my life, man. I owe you.”

“Save the sentimental shit for the NBA Finals.”
Carmelo had just come back in from doing interviews. “Is dinner a go? There’s 1986 Mouton-Rothschild with my name on it.”

These guys and their wine.

“You know I just turned 20 today, right, guys?”

“That’s why I said my name was on it, Rook. Go get changed. You can’t wear that shit to The Forge, man.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Mar 2021, 12:55

Summary:

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Dwyane Wade, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: Miami brought their A game tonight, but so did Milwaukee. A close fought contest in was what we expected and exactly what we got. Both teams pretty much traded basket for basket all night. Antonio Snow struggled to get it going in the first half, only coming up with 9 points and turning the ball over three times.

Miami took a 1-point lead at halftime, thanks to their strong three point shooting, but their bench let Milwaukee back into it and found themselves up by seven points going into the fourth quarter. They had taken the momentum and we’re not backing down. They turned up the aggression in the fourth quarter and got to free throw line 10 times, where they hit 9 shots.

Key Stats for MIL: 35/71 (51%) - FG|7/25 (28%) – 3PT|22/23 (100%) - FT |12 – Fastbreak Points|50 – Points in Paint|0 – Second Chance Points|14 – Bench Points|20 – Assists| 39 – Rebounds|10 - Steals

Key Stats for MIA: 42/87 (48%) - FG|10/20 (50%) – 3PT|3/7 (43%) - FT |29 – Fastbreak Points|44 – Points in Paint|12 – Second Chance Points|21 – Bench Points|28 – Assists| 44 – Rebounds|8 - Steals

Antonio Snow on the slow start: Not my finest hour, especially after Game 1 went so well. It’s a long series. We got a lot more ball to play. I’m gonna watch some film and wait for Coach’s game plan.

Giannis on going back to Milwaukee tied: We definitely feel better about it. We came into this game refusing to go back home down 2-0. So we’re feeling good right now.
Top Performers
Milwaukee Bucks
Giannis Antetokounmpo – 31 PTS, 10 REB, 6 AST
Eric Bledsoe – 19 PT2S, 2 REB, 4 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK
Malcolm Brogden – 13 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST

Miami Heat

Antonio Snow – 30 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Dwyane Wade – 25 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 10 PTS, 15 REB

Captain Canada