Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 29 Mar 2023, 23:38

1000 replies 8-)
× A New Horizon ×
× Watching: X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 30 Mar 2023, 18:52

Agent wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 19:29
Oh the Wiz Kids brought the smoke to Miami!
They felt some type of way about that loss last month.
kibaxx7 wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 23:38
1000 replies 8-)
Thanks. This one has been a slow burn.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Apr 2023, 18:38

GAME DAY QUOTES

Ja Morant on Celtics’ defense: We have been working to tighten it up. It’s something coach constantly talks about. With a team like Miami, we had to lock down early and let that kind of fuel our offense. I already knew I had a big task coming into this one. He’s struggled a little lately, so it was either have him come out of that struggle tonight or frustrate him a little more.

HC Eric Spoelstra on Miami’s lack of presence in the paint: They scored almosy 70 points inside. We just let them kind of get in there and do whatever. Hassan picked up some early fouls and it affected the way that he was able to play tonight.

Antonio Snow on shooting slump: I’m just a little cold right now. It happens, whether you guys wanna believe it or not, but I just have to keep fighting through it. Coach has every confidence in me and so do my teammates that I can get back on track and that helps.

Top Performers
Boston Celtics

Ja Morant – 24 PTS, 5 AST
Gordon Hayward – 17 PTS, 4 REB, 2 AST
Marcus Smart – 13 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 19 PTS, 4 REB, 5 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 16 PTS, 6 REB
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 15 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Apr 2023, 20:02

Holding Snow below 20 points is impressive, Boston.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 08 Apr 2023, 22:58

Agent wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 20:02
Holding Snow below 20 points is impressive, Boston.
I love playing against Boston and even Orlando now that they've signed Kyrie. Always a challenge.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 11 Apr 2023, 01:00

:melo: bleed green

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 12 Apr 2023, 22:24

The JZA wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 01:00
:melo: bleed green

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 19 Apr 2023, 23:18

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 19 Apr 2023, 23:18

We Need A Resolution

I pulled the family emergency card again, before heading to New York on Tuesday morning, promising Coach Spo that I would meet the team for shoot around in Brooklyn on Thursday. I hadn’t talked to anyone in the front office about the trade because I was hoping that Eva would see sense and come home. At least for a little while.

She had finally told her parents, so her mother flew up here for a week and a half. I rented an apartment two minutes away from her dorm so that her mom didn’t have to worry about a hotel. According to her Mrs. Walker, everything was fine. But she was just as upset as I was that Eva had refused to come home and now it’s too late for her to fly with the baby due in January. So, at least I had her mom on my side. That’s how I found out about her doctor’s appointment.

I sat in the waiting room of Dr. Kimberly Webb and watched the clock. Her appointment was in twenty minutes so I figured she’d be here. I was about to call her when I heard the door open, I looked toward it and saw not only Eva, but Dante walking into the doctor’s office.

I walked over and put my arm on Eva’s elbow.

“I’ll take it from here. You can head on back to Jersey, my guy. I'm sure the practice squad needs you.”

“Antonio, what are you doing here?”

“Your mom told me you had an appointment today. So, I came up early. Glad I did.”
I said looking over her head at Dante.

“Don’t start anything.”

“I’ll finish it if he does,”
Dante said.

She placed her hand on his chest in a gesture that looked too familiar for my liking.

“Dante,” she sighed. “I appreciate you coming, but I don’t need any stress or any drama right now. Thanks for meeting me for my appointment, but Antonio is here, so…” she trailed off.

“He hasn’t been here,” he said, never taking his eyes off me.

“It’s not because he didn’t want to be.” She quickly looked over her shoulder at me. “I’ll text you later. I don’t think it’s fair to ask you to wait out here.”

He finally broke off our staring contest to look at her.

“Only if you’re sure. I don’t mind waiting.”

“I’m sure.”

He slowly turned to leave as if he was giving her a chance to change her mind. I stood with my arms folded across my chest. When she walked over to the desk to sign in, I went back to my seat. A few minutes later, she sat down in a chair across from me. I opened my mouth to speak, but she raised her hand saying that she didn’t want to talk about what just happened.

30 minutes later, we were sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor. Her nurse, Paula, was surprised, but pleased that I was there for this appointment. She was a nice lady. Eva casually mentioned that Nurse Paula’s grandson was a huge basketball fan, so I offered to take a picture and give her an autograph for him. I told her to let me know if she would be willing to bring him to Brooklyn for the game and I would make sure there would be tickets for them. She thanked me profusely before going to check in on the other patients.

“That was nice.”

“I’m a nice guy. So, Dante—”

“Not right now, Antonio.”
she said as she situated herself on the exam table.

I sat back in the chair and checked my text messages on my phone. I had a message from Eva’s mom, my brother, and two from Mickey. I responded to Mrs. Walker and Nico, letting them know that we were waiting on the doctor. I told Mickey that my flight arrived safely and that we’d catch up when I got back to Miami next week.

She was surprisingly pretty chill about this whole “baby mama” situation. She said it was before her, so it really had nothing to do with us Our thing was our thing and this thing was my thing. If I ever felt like those things were starting to overlap or if there seemed to be any interference or either side, we could figure it out from there.

Dr. Webb was nice enough. She looked pretty young to be a doctor, but she assured me that she had done all the necessary training and was board certified to do her job. She said everything seemed to be progressing well and that the baby was about the size of a pineapple. She asked if we wanted to know the sex. I did, but Eva didn’t, so I deferred to Eva. Guess we’ll find out when baby gets here.

Once the appointment was over, she agreed to come with me to my hotel so that we could talk. I ordered dinner from Bowery Meat Company. We ate our dinner in relative silence, I ordered a steak and she opted for chicken although she ate some of my steak anyway. I didn’t mind, especially now that she was eating for two.

I saw her yawning, so I said that I would take a shower and wash my hair, while she took a nap as long as she promised not to sneak out as soon as I got in the shower.

“So, Dante,” I started as I pulled a sweatshirt over my head. I sat on the couch in front of the bed. I didn’t want to invade her space.

“I don’t want to start an argument, Antonio.”

“Me neither. I just want to know how long it’s been going on.”

“There is nothing going on.”

“Didn’t look like nothing.”

“He was in town, they don’t have a game until Sunday so he offered to come to my appointment with me. He’s never gone in the exam room with me.”

“So, this wasn't his first doctor's visit? He’s aware this is my baby, right? And I’m going to be there for my baby. And his mother. He can take that stepdaddy routine somewhere else.”

“There will be no stepdaddy-ing here. He’s just been a real good friend to me.”

“And you don’t think it has nothing to do with the fact that he’s trying to get you back? The fact that this is my baby is just icing on the cake for him. I’m not going for it.”

“Why does this have to be all about you?”

“It’s not all about me. But I am a factor. It’s plenty of single mothers in New Jersey, I’m sure he has his pick.”

“Wow.”

“What’s he gonna do when you move back to Miami?”

“Who says I am?”

“Come on, E. I want you and the baby home and so do your parents.”

She gave me a hard look. “What about what I want?”

“My offer to get traded to New York still stands. Nico and I grew up without both of our parents and I don't want that for my baby.”

Her look softened. She got out of the bed and sat next to me on the couch. “I’m sorry, Antonio. I didn’t think about it like that. We’ll figure something out.”

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 20 Apr 2023, 11:07

chosenone58 wrote:
19 Apr 2023, 23:18
Her look softened. She got out of the bed and sat next to me on the couch. “I’m sorry, Antonio. I didn’t think about it like that. We’ll figure something out.”
Sure she didn't