Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Feb 2023, 18:58

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: After losing to the Minnesota Timberwolves by a score of 91-87 last week, the Los Angeles Lakers came into this with three straight wins before kicking off this road trip before coming into Miami. The Miami Heat were having a solid game in the first half, holding a 11-pint going in at halftime. The Lakers came out with a new intensity in the third quarter, as they managed to shave Miami’s lead to 1-point before the Heat took off on a 17- run to finish the quarter and go up 59-74 heading into the fourth quarter. LeBron James tried leading by example and increasing his aggression on defense, but it was too late as Los Angeles was already down 20 points in the fourth quarter and his teammates seemed to accept their fate. Turnovers were the cause of Los Angeles’ downfall as Miami scored 11 points off of 12 Lakers’ turnovers. The Heat recorded five steals in the third quarter and nine for the game.

Cole Anthony on scoring his first NBA points: It felt good. And we got the win. Can’t complain about that at all.

LeBron James on being back in Miami since the NBA Finals: Bittersweet. Especially seeing that banner up there, knowing that we had a chance to have it hanging in Staples.

Josh Smith on finishing alley-oop pass from Snow: It was nice. I’m just glad he didn’t throw that thing too high. Hops aren’t what they used to be you know? (laughs) I may be able to give him one a week.

Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra on Miami’s stifling defense: That’s the brand of basketball we like to play. Let the defense turn into easy offense for us.

Top Performers
Los Angeles Lakers

LeBron James – 24 PTS, 4 REB, 6 AST
Josh Hart – 17 PTS
Enes Kanter – 12 PTS, 11 AST, 3 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 35 PTS, 5 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 12 PTS, 7 REB, 2 STL
Ray Spalding – 8 PTS, 3 REB
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Feb 2023, 19:13

Do Over

“Did you have to do my Lakers like that?”

“What do you mean? I was doing my job.”

“I guess.”

“Somebody’s gotta lose. And it for damn sure wasn’t gonna be me.”

“I guess the intro to LeBron did make up for it a little bit.”

“See? Tonight wasn’t a total loss.”

“I guess not.”

I invited Mickey to the Lakers game as sort of an attempt at a do over after the drama that went on this summer. She and I have texted off and on since that day, but we hadn’t gone out. We didn’t get much time to talk after the game because the team had to hop on a flight to Charlotte, but I was able to get a few moments with her before we left.

I told her I’d call her once I got settled in my room in Charlotte. Which is where I find myself now. Our conversations for the most part had been easy. Cars, clothes, sports, anything really. But we hadn’t talked about what happened that day. We had a nice time tonight, albeit brief, so I figured I’d bring it up now.

“So, I know our last, uh, outing didn’t end on the best note. And I know you told me to take care of it. And I have tried, but it’s not really working.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like I’ve tried to reach out to her a few times. She is not taking my calls and I really haven’t had time to just track her down in New York City. You know, winning Olympic gold, trying to win a third championship and all that.”

“What’s the deal with the two of you?”

I sighed and ran down everything. Friends from high school that fell off after graduation, but started to reconnect right before I got drafted. Got into a relationship during my rookie season and everything was going great. I signed a four-year contract in Miami because it was going so damn great. Then we went back to our old high school last October and ran into her ex. Then a few weeks later I ran into a friend of mine from my time in Brazil two years ago. Nothing happened, but she didn’t like it.

“Things just got weird. Something about her not wanting to be a WAG and having her own identity or whatever. I guess my career took off too fast. I don’t know. But she insisted that she needed to go back to school. She applied, got accepted and enrolled without even telling me anything until a month before.”

“Damn.”

“I know, right? Then we she came back during Spring Break, she was at our first playoff game. I had a big night. She showed up at my place unexpectedly and old habits die hard or whatever they say.”

“Say less.”
She laughed.

“And apparently, I had texted another lady friend about going to breakfast and she saw the response that morning and just ghosted me again. I hadn’t seen her since until we ran into them that day.”

“Damn. You love some drama, huh?”

“It’s not even like that. I am so low key. But then her homegirl came up insinuating that she was pregnant or had been or I don’t know.”

“And you’re not trying to find out? If she is, there may be a Tony Junior in the world in a few short months.”

“I can’t exactly track her down, now can I?”

“You know where she goes to school, that’s a starting point.”

“I guess you’re right. But I just wanted to clear the air on all this shit because I wasn’t trying to mess up our do over.”

“This is the do over? You beating the shit out of my Lakers?”

We laughed.

“So the courtside seats weren’t enough. A loss would have been the real gift.”

“Exactly.”

“Noted.”

“So, what about the lady friend?”

“She’s just a friend. We figured we’d be better off that way. She’s cool and one hell of a chef, but we’re just friends. And I’m an investor in her business. Working on getting a brick and mortar set up.”

“That’s what’s up.”

“Diversifying my portfolio.”
I yawned. I looked at the clock. It was almost two in the morning.

“Well, I’ll let you go, Tony. Because unlike you, I have the day off.” she said. “I appreciate you clearing the air with me, but I think you need to clear it with Eva too.”

“You’re right.” I yawned again. “My bad. Beating the Lakers makes me tired. I’ll talk to you later.”

“You ain’t funny. And the loss aside, this wasn’t a terrible do over.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Feb 2023, 19:17

Top Performers
Miami Heat

Antonio Snow – 36 PTS, 3 REB, 8 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 32 PTS, 12 REB, 3 AST, 2 BLK
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist – 11 PTS, 7 REB, 2 AST, 2 BLK

Charlotte Hornets
Kemba Walker – 26 PTS, 5 REB, 6 AST
Cam Reddish – 24 PTS, 4 REB, 2 AST
Dennis Grady – 16 PTS, 5 REB

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 27 Feb 2023, 21:01

:bruh: Eva still holding that grudge???

The Snow-Whiteside Show :obama:

Agent

Post by Agent » 28 Feb 2023, 23:21

68 for the duo in south beach :bowdown:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Mar 2023, 02:30

The JZA wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 21:01
:bruh: Eva still holding that grudge???

The Snow-Whiteside Show :obama:
She feeling a way
Agent wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 23:21
68 for the duo in south beach :bowdown:
Scorers gon score

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Mar 2023, 22:19

Ready to Pivot

I decided to take Mickey’s advice since we had some down time between the game against Charlotte and our next game and hopped on a flight to New York City. I told Coach Spo that I had a family emergency and promised to be back for practice on Friday. Being the two-time Finals MVP has its perks. I took the earliest flight that I could and found myself checking into a penthouse suite at the PUBLIC hotel at 10:30 that morning. I called last night and let them know that I’d be in before normal check-in times. It was the closest hotel to NYU. Once I took my bags upstairs, I called Nico.

“You made it?”

“Yeah, just got in. You sure she’s there?”

“Si, fratello.”
Nico yawned. “I have her location. I can’t tell you specifically where she is in the building, but she’s in that building. She should be coming out around noon. At least, that’s how her schedule has been looking these past couple days.”

“Are you asleep? Don’t you have class?”

“Nah, Professor cancelled. His wife was having surgery. So, I was planning to sleep in this morning, but this seemed to be more important.”

“I appreciate you, little brother. I don’t know why I didn’t ask you earlier.”

“I forgot about it. It’s not like I stalk her. I barely checked her location in Miami. It was mostly so she could keep track of me.”

“Is there some place close by that I could kind of hang out?”

“There’s a McDonald’s across the street, but I don’t think you’ll be able to just hang out there, especially during lunch. You will definitely be spotted, Mr. 61 Points.”

“I’ll figure something out. I need to take a shower. I’ll call you back.”

Before my shower, I ask the concierge to call a car service for me. It was November, but it wasn’t very cold in New York, so I opted for dark gray jeans, a Ralph Lauren hoodie, wool beanie and a pair of aviator sunglasses. We were parked in front of the NYU bookstore. It was only about 15 minutes before I saw her. She looked very different. Nico’s voice snapped me out of it.

“Do you see her? She should be out of the building by now.”

“Yeah. She’s, uh, she’s pregnant.”

“What?!?” He yelled into the phone.

When I realized she had turned the corner, I jumped out of the car and jogged across the street. I caught sight of her walking into a salad shop. There were only four people in the place. Once she stepped to the counter to place her order, I stepped up beside her.

“It’s on me.”

She looked like she had just seen a ghost. Her hand immediately went to her stomach. Almost as if she was trying to shield it from me.

“What are you doing here, Antonio?”

“Looking for some answers. I think I’m owed some all things considered. Are you done with class for today?”

“No, but I have a break.” She sighed realizing I wasn’t leaving.

After she got her order, we walked to the car and headed back to my hotel room.

#################

The car ride was quiet. Fortunately it wasn’t long. She didn’t say anything as we took the elevator upstairs. She took a seat on the couch and opened her salad. I think this was the slowest I’ve ever seen her eat. Once she was done, she finally spoke.

“How did you find me?”

“I don’t think you have the right to ask any questions right now.”
I was surprised at how calm my voice was. Inside I was more than a little pissed.

“How did you find me, Antonio?”

“I didn’t. Nico did.”
She frowned in confusion. “Apparently, you guys are still sharing your locations or whatever.”

“I forgot all about that shit.”

She rolled her eyes, as she pulled out her phone.

“Don’t be mad at him. He forgot too. Otherwise I would have been here sooner. And given your condition, I think you should continue to share your location with him. And start sharing it with me.”

“My condition? I’m not an invalid. I’m pregnant.”

“Yeah, you are. What are you about 7 months?”

“31 weeks.”

“So, that’s my kid in there?”

“One would think so.”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why didn’t you tell me when I saw you?”

“Because I thought it was a false alarm. The test was negative. I got my cycle the next month and I moved on. Figured it was just stress. But then I wasn’t feeling well, so I decided to go to the doctor and it turns out I was indeed pregnant, almost thirteen weeks."

“And you didn’t feel the need to call or send a text, carrier pigeon, smoke signal? Nothing?”
It was getting harder to reign in my anger.

“You were heading to Tokyo. I didn’t want you to pull out of the Olympics. Besides, from the looks of things when I last saw you, you had moved on.”

“And what? You just assumed I would never find out?”

“It worked for these past six months, didn’t it?”

"Your folks know?"

She didn't answer.

“I can’t believe you, Eva! That’s my fucking kid in there.”

“This is my kid.”

“Don’t do that. You didn’t give me a chance.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I didn’t know to say. I was about to be a dad in like two months. Part of me was beyond excited. Over the damn moon, but I was still so mad with her for not saying anything. And that part of me was winning out.

“You need to come back home with me.”

“Whoa! Not happening. You will not come in here making all types of demands on me. I still have to finish school.”

I took a seat on the other end of the couch.

“Are you fucking serious? School? You have to finish school? How are you going to raise our kid while you’re in school? Stop being stubborn, Eva. Damn!”

“No one is being stubborn! And I’m not here alone.”
She hesitated. “Dante is in New Jersey.”

I felt like I had just been slapped.

“Dante! Fucking Dante! Do you hear yourself? So, you were trying to get your independence from me, but it’s okay for Dante to help. Is this even my baby? Or is it his fucking baby? I mean he got drafted in April, right? So, the dates would line up. Who else have you been fucking since you left Miami?”

Then I was literally slapped.

“Fuck you, Antonio.” She stood to leave. I grabbed her arm, but quickly let it go.

“Eva, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I just don’t know what to think right now. This is a lot to process. You’ve had six months, I’ve only had a few hours. Just come home please. I want to be a father to my kid. I can’t imagine you raising him by yourself or with anybody else. Especially not Dante. Please come home. You don’t have to live with me. I’ll get you both a place.”

She didn’t say anything. I didn’t say anything. We both just sat on opposite sides of the room until she looked at her watch and said she needed to get to her next class. So, I said the only other thing I could say.

“I’ll demand a trade.”

Agent

Post by Agent » 05 Mar 2023, 07:36

Drama heating up for the Snow Man. She just put melted his ice block a little bit with that encounter.
Wonder how Miami will handle their 2x Finals MVP requesting a trade for personal reasons :( :(

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Mar 2023, 08:49

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Mar 2023, 22:35

Agent wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 07:36
Drama heating up for the Snow Man. She just put melted his ice block a little bit with that encounter.
Wonder how Miami will handle their 2x Finals MVP requesting a trade for personal reasons :( :(
We’ll see what happens
The JZA wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 08:49
I haven’t had some good drama in a while. We’re due. :curtain: