Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Mar 2019, 13:27

The JZA wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 13:09
chosenone58 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 11:29
Always vetting.... going with Zendaya for a visual
:melo:
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Mar 2019, 12:30

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Mar 2019, 12:38

Trust the Process

May 2018
“That shit was crazy, man. Your social media is blowing up!” Nico said from the living room.

“I mean, you keep the highlight reel tight, Bro.” I shook my head as I poured milk over my bowl of Froot Loops. He had really taken to getting my footage out there for the world to see. Something about social media branding. I don’t know.

After the run with Victor Oladipo, things started to really pick up for me. Folks wanted to see firsthand if I was really as nice as I claimed to be. Mixtapes can be deceiving, I get that. I respect that. I played a few games down at Winterfell and everybody was trying to get a piece of the kid. We had a few NBA guys come through, D. Wade, Justise Winslow and James Johnson had stopped by the first day and it just kept growing from there. Anybody who was in town, stopped by to hoop with me.

Some of the guys from my old team had stopped by to get some runs in too. It was nice to kick it with the old crew. Sure, playing alongside Joel Embiid and Rudy Gobert was nice, but I couldn’t let all of this NBA stuff go to my head. I hadn’t even made it yet.

I had gotten myself a nice little spot off of Biscayne Boulevard to lay low for a while until we saw what the next few months were going to bring. My uncle was still keeping his distance. I’m assuming he was either being handsomely compensated or he was fearing for his damn life. I asked Mo about it, but all he said was he handled it. Mo is not a man you wanna ask too many questions. So, I left it at that.

Not soon after there was a knock at the door. It was Big Mo.

“It’s time to take this show on the road, Kid.”

“Damn, good morning to you too, Mo. I thought I already took my show on the road? Paris? Brazil?"

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out an envelope.

“This here is your invite to the NBA Combine. One step away from the NBA Draft. You’re almost there, Antonio.”

I took the envelope from his hand and pulled the card out. I just looked at for a few moments.

“This is the real deal?”

“As real as it gets. They should have emailed you some documents. You got a few weeks to get ready, what are you gonna do until then? I know you like doing your own thing, but it wouldn't hurt to go down to IMG and get some workouts in.”

Before I could answer my phone alerted me to a new text message.

Joel Embiid May 2, 2018 1:33PM: You need to be in Philly by tomorrow night. The game against Oladipo was nice, but I got some real competition out at my place.

I give Big Mo a nod.

“I actually have something to do this weekend.”

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 14 Mar 2019, 21:55

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 15 Mar 2019, 19:33

LeBron James went out and got Tony The Snowman. Tony The Snowman went and got LeBron that "one game"... Image

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Mar 2019, 08:37

The JZA wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 19:33
LeBron James went out and got Tony The Snowman. Tony The Snowman went and got LeBron that "one game"... Image
:curtain:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Mar 2019, 09:52

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Mar 2019, 09:53

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Mar 2019, 18:55

UNdrafted

The NBA Draft came and went. My name didn’t even get called. I tore my MCL during the combine and shit pretty much went downhill from there. I’m not even expected to get back on the court until the end of July.

But I guess a lot of teams didn’t want to take a risk on me. I thought my interviews were pretty good. I had read what the analysts said about Big Mo and the people that he surrounds himself with possibly being a bad influence on me and how it could be a problem for their organizations if I didn’t distance myself from him.

Bullshit. Mo has only had my best interest at heart. He’s more of an uncle to me than my own damn uncle. I’m not about to just cut and run on him. How can I show loyalty to a team who hasn’t shown any loyalty to me? Everybody wants something for nothing.

I’ve been healing just fine and I should be back on the court in a few weeks. Physical therapy has been kicking my ass, but it’s all gonna be worth it in the end. I can’t lose sight of that. I need to get an NBA contract so that I can take care of my brother. My uncle actually had the balls to stop by the office where I had been doing my training a few days before. That crazy bastard was waiting for us in the parking lot.

“So, you think Big Mo is gonna be around to save you after this NBA pipe dream goes up in smoke?” A voice says from behind me. I hadn’t heard it in so long, but I wouldn’t ever forget, the look on Nico’s face confirms my suspicions.

“Get in the car, Nico.” Then I finally acknowledged my uncle JJ. “I thought Mo told you to stay away from us?”

“Yeah, I’m surprised, you don’t have your guard dog with you.”

I finally turned around to face him. He looked a mess. Like he hadn’t slept in days. He definitely needed a shower and a shave. His eyes looked crazy.

“How did you know where to find me?”

“Social media is the greatest invention ever. It took me a minute to catch on to everything with your brother posting videos after you had already left places, but at least I got the days right. So, I just hung around until you eventually showed up.”

“So, I guess today is your lucky fucking day, huh?”

“I’d say so. Now how long do you think this is going to last? Your dreams are shot. Mo is going to move on the next flash in the pan street baller and you and Nico are gonna be back on my fucking couch.”

He stepped closer to me. I could smell the liquor on his breath. It was barely noon!

“What do you want, Uncle JJ?”

“So, you do remember that I’m your uncle and not that fat idiot Maurice!”

I reach into my pocket because I know this is the only way to end this conversation. I pull out two hundred dollar bills and hand them to him.

“Will you just leave us alone, please?”

“You trying to buy me off too?” He said as he closed his fist around the bills. “It’s gonna take more than a couple hundred dollars to get rid of me. I know Mo has you all set up in that spot of Biscayne. I know you got more on you than that!”

He yelled and started trying to reach into my pockets. I shoved him away from me and into the car parked in the next spot. He slumped to the ground a little holding his back from where it hit the door handle. I climbed into the car and my brother sped off.

I told Big Mo what happened and from then on, all sessions have been taking place at the apartment. I was just finishing up with Dr. Murphy when Big Mo came through the door with lunch.

“How you feeling, Tone?”

“Feeling good, man.”
I grabbed the bag from Trinkintrinkin and pulled out my steak sandwich. “Bless you for this.”

“Ready to get back on the court?”

“Hell yeah.”
I said with a mouth full of food. “I was headed to the League, man. I deserve at least a try out.”

“Well, if we play our cards right, you won’t even need to worry about a try out.”

That sparked my interest.

“Teams have been calling?”

“One team in particular.”

“The Lakers? Hell, I’ll even go to the Pelicans at this point. I just need to get in the door, Mo.”

“They’re professional, but they aren’t in the NBA, so to speak.”

“Overseas? China?”

“Nah, you don’t even have to leave the country. Well, the continent. I just need you to play a few pick-up games over the next few weeks.”

“Aw, man. I can’t go back to nickel and diming, Mo. I’m trying to go to the NBA for real, man. I’ll pass.”

I slump down on the couch and grab the remote. He sits down on the couch next to me and sighs.

“Not even if Nike is footing the bill?”

“You should have led with that!”

It's not over for the kid yet.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Mar 2019, 19:14