Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2022, 11:56

Heat-Celtics Rivalry Lives Continues in Eastern Conference Finals
One of the NBA's best rivals is thriving under the direction of top point guards Ja Morant and Antonio Snow.

The Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics will continue tonight as the Eastern Conference Finals kicks off. These teams engaged in some heated battles this season as rookie Ja Morant stepped in to fill the gap left by Kyrie Irving. Morant has done everything that team has asked for and more, especially after losing Jayson Tatum at various spurts throughout the season with injury. The Celtics still managed to win 53 games and finish with the second best record in the Eastern Conference. While Morant impressed in the regular season, he was just a few votes shy of being named Rookie of the Year.

“That’s okay. This is what we’re playing for. This is team goals. We know the road is through Miami and we’re ready.”

Facing Morant is last year’s Rookie of the Year, Antonio Snow. Just like his battles Kyrie Irving last season, his battles with Ja Morant were just as epic this season. Miami took the regular season series 2-1, but Boston did not make it easy.

“He is a competitor. Probably one of my favorite players to match up with. We have prepared for this matchup. We knew if we got this far, Boston would be on the other side.”

The playoffs have been exciting to watch and has each team has battled its way to get here. From Antonio Snow’s 50 point performance in Game 1 against the Orlando Magic to leading the Miami Heat back from a 20 point deficit in Game 4 against the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami has announced it’s arrival and Antonio Snow has proven himself to be the real deal.

Snow has led the way in these playoffs, averaging 37 points and 8 assists per game. Hassan Whiteside is averaging a double-double of 15 points and 16 rebounds over the past 8 games. Miami’s veterans Carmelo Anthony has also been leading. Anthony has been playing some of his best defense, holding opponents to under 40% from the field. On the offensive side of the ball, he has the second best three-point shooting average. Knocking down 37% of his shots from beyond the arc.

Boston’s road was marred with losses, but they are hoping to be forged for this moment. Morant scored 33 points to lead the Celtics to an overtime win over the Brooklyn Nets in Game 7. Morant has averaged 19.4 points and 5 assists per game over these playoffs. Jaylen Brown has been Boston’s second leading scorer averaging 16 points per game.

Surprisingly, Jayson Tatum has struggled performing in these playoffs. He shot 1 of 8 from the field in Boston’s Game 1 loss in Cleveland. He shot 2 of 9 in Game 1 against Brooklyn and 3-17 in Game 2, all games ending in losses. The Celtics will need him to step up in this series if Boston wants a shot at winning.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2022, 11:58

kibaxx7 wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 09:14
Oh this is going to be good.

mvp

Post by mvp » 07 Nov 2022, 04:58

Tatum in game 1’s is ugly :dunkface:

…had some good regular season battles with Ja only means this series will be that much better. Let’s go!

Agent

Post by Agent » 07 Nov 2022, 10:33

Ja Morant to the Snow Man

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 09 Nov 2022, 00:23

mvp wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 04:58
Tatum in game 1’s is ugly :dunkface:

…had some good regular season battles with Ja only means this series will be that much better. Let’s go!
I'm excited for this.
Agent wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 10:33
Ja Morant to the Snow Man

I think he's my toughest competition. Kyrie is second.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Nov 2022, 19:55

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Mikal Bridges, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: : Miami jumped out to an early 10-2 lead against Boston. All 10 points belonged to Antonio Snow. He seemed to be hitting from everywhere. He scored 23 points in the first half. Boston managed to snap back into it and found themselves down by only one point going in at halftime. Miami kicked the third quarter off with another 9-2 run to push their lead up by double digits. Boston was able to contain Snow in the second half limiting him to only 10 points and he only finished with two dunks. Boston started to cut into the lead as Snow began to involve his other teammates, but he picked up a hard earned 10 assists in the second half. The Miami Heat finished with four players in double-digit scoring. Thaddeus Young went 3 of 4 from beyond the arc as he and Carmelo Anthony combined for 25 points to lead Miami’s bench scoring. Ja Morant had a big scoring night, but his teammates weren’t there to provide the support he needed.

Antonio Snow getting the hot start: I was feeling good in warmups. It’s always good when I could get on a bit of a roll to open the floor for everybody else.

Thaddeus Young on solid shooting: I was just picking my spots and Tone was hitting me every time. It’s hard to miss when you’re wide open like that.

Brad Stevens on containing Antonio Snow: You try to do the best you can. Especially going up against a team this strong. This is going to be a long series, but I have faith in my guys and they have faith in each other.

Top Performers
Boston Celtics

Ja Morant – 37 PTS, 2 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL
Terry Rozier – 13 PTS, 4 REB
Jayson Tatum – 11 PTS, 3 REB, 4 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 33 PTS, 2 REB, 10 AST
Hassan Whiteside – 13 PTS, 17 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL
Thaddeus Young – 13 PTS

Agent

Post by Agent » 14 Nov 2022, 07:46

Great superstar matchup but the Heat blew the C's out!

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 15 Nov 2022, 20:35

Agent wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:46
Great superstar matchup but the Heat blew the C's out!
They started to fold at the end. Tatum has to do better than 11 points.

mvp

Post by mvp » 17 Nov 2022, 11:41

lets sweep them ...man this thing inspires me more and more

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 17 Nov 2022, 13:30

Tatum ain't shit huh :obama: