Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Oct 2021, 00:19

Caught Out There

“So, you are the real deal, huh?”

“So, you haven’t looked at any of my IG posts this past year, huh?”

Sophie and I had grabbed a table at Stripsteak at the Fontainbleu Hotel. Being who I am, it’s kind of hard to keep it low-key, but it was a week night so I figured it would be alright. And I was right. The restaurant was practically empty. Only a few occupied tables.

We were seated immediately and given menus.

“School keeps me pretty busy. I haven’t really posted much this year. But I was scrolling through your feed after you left the other day. So, who is Eva?”

“Um, Eva is…I don’t know how to describe it.”

“Is she your girlfriend?”

“I think so.”

“You think?”

“We’re in a weird space right now.”

“And I’m supposed to help you move on from that space?”

“No. Seeing you that day was a total coincidence. How would I have known you were there?”

Just then, the waiter came back to take our order. We both ordered fish.

“So, what is this?”

“This is two friends catching up over dinner. We’re friends, right?”

“I guess.”

“I’ll take that. I didn’t mention Eva earlier because I didn’t think I needed to. We were just going to dinner. Catching up. It’s been a year and a half, we may be totally different than we were that night in Rio. I might not even like you.”

She laughed. I sighed, glad that the night wasn’t totally ruined. Or so I thought. I looked toward the front of the restaurant and I saw Eva’s friend Ashley staring at us through the window. She tilted her head to the side as if she were trying to figure something out, before narrowing her eyes and shaking her head at me.

“Excuse me a second.” I got up from the table and half walked, half jogged in the direction Ashley went in. Thank God she was wearing heels.

“Hey, Ash. What you doing here? Why didn’t you come and say what’s up?” I try to play it off like she didn’t just see me at dinner with someone who was not Eva.

“Really, Tony? That’s the best you could come up with?”

“What you mean? It’s not even like that. She’s a trainer. She works at the doctor’s office that I go to.”

“I don’t ever remember seeing you out with any of your male trainers.”

“Look, me and Sophie go back. I met her like two summers ago. Before anything even happened with Eva. We were just catching up. Honest. It’s not like that.”

“So, if I called Eva right now, she would know who this Sophie is?”

I hesitate for a second. She had me there. “No, she wouldn’t.” She rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone. “But that still doesn’t mean anything. Sophie is just friend.”

“Y’all are all dogs. I can’t believe you out here doing my girl dirty like that.”

“Ain’t nobody doing nothing!”
I realize we have a few eyes on us, so I lower my tone. “Ashley, nothing happened. Nothing is happening. You can come and join us if you’d like.”

“Nah, I ain’t being a part of this shit. Got my girl stressing about this Dante shit because you’ve been acting funny lately, and the whole time, you’ve been stepping out. Men are always projecting their bullshit onto us.”

“No, man. Ashley, I can’t even get into all of it with you right now, but I literally ran into Sophie a couple days ago. I’m just asking you not to cause any extra unnecessary drama.”

“Me? I’m causing drama? I’m not out at dinner with somebody that’s not my girlfriend.”
She said the last part real loud causing us to get more stares.

“Oh, you want this shit on The Shade Room tonight, huh?”

“Somebody has to be honest with my girl.”
She put her phone back in her purse and walked away.

I thought about chasing her, but cell phones were already out and Sophie was probably wondering where I was.

I walked back to the table where Sophie and my salmon was waiting.

“That wasn’t Eva was it?”

“No, one of her friends.”

“You look upset. Do we need to take this to go?”

I thought about saying yes, I should have said yes. But instead I said the opposite. Being around Sophie makes me say all sorts of ignorant shit.

“We’re two friends having dinner. If we leave, it’ll look like we have something to hide. Which we don’t. So, please enjoy your meal. Because I’m going to enjoy mine.”

Hell, it may be the last meal I ever eat.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 29 Oct 2021, 01:03, edited 2 times in total.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Oct 2021, 00:49

Top Performers

Washington Wizards

Bradley Beal – 20 PTS, 6 REB, 5 AST
John Wall – 16 PTS, 2 REB, 5 AST
Troy Brown, Jr. – 8 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 37 PTS, 3 AST, 2 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 14 PTS, 13 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL
Josh Richardson – 10 PTS, 2 REB
Last edited by chosenone58 on 29 Oct 2021, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 29 Oct 2021, 00:59

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 29 Oct 2021, 20:47

First mistake was leaving the table when Tony ordered Salmon, hella disrespectful. Second mistake was trying to prove something to someone who's not his girl.
Ashley wanna fuck it up, let her fuck it up, it all boils down to Eva and her belief, which she still won't like the dinner, but I digress. These Miami females are a different type of fish :dunkface:

Salmon must've been succulent to drop nearly 40 :troll:

Agent

Post by Agent » 30 Oct 2021, 06:30

The JZA wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 20:47
:dead:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 31 Oct 2021, 22:24

The JZA wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 20:47
First mistake was leaving the table when Tony ordered Salmon, hella disrespectful. Second mistake was trying to prove something to someone who's not his girl.
Ashley wanna fuck it up, let her fuck it up, it all boils down to Eva and her belief, which she still won't like the dinner, but I digress. These Miami females are a different type of fish :dunkface:

He's young. Tried to do some damage control. We'll see how it plays out.

The salmon was sublime. :lol: The dish fam.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Nov 2021, 18:41

chosenone58 wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 22:24
The salmon was sublime. :lol: The dish fam.
I'm a salman guy my-self, the hype is real

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Nov 2021, 11:07

NOTES & QUOTES

Heat Starting Five: Antonio Snow, Terrence Ross, Josh Richardson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Hassan Whiteside

Summary: In Kyrie’s absence, the Boston Celtics still look to be in a good place. Rookie point guard Ja Morant has stepped up to the task of helping to lead this Boston team back to the playoffs. Morant came into this one averaging 14.4 points per game this season. Unfortunately, the Celtics were without Jayson Tatum, who was recovering from a calf injury. So tonight’s game was largely on Morant. After taking an early lead, the Celtics’ bench dominated while Antonio Snow rested and taking a 9 point lead at halftime. After scoring 10 points in the first half, Morant seemed to find himself in a zone. Miami tightened up their defense and managed to take a 5 point lead to start the fourth quarter.

Ja Morant on playing Antonio Snow for the first time: It was a lot of fun. A win would have been even better, but it was fun. I respect his game. He defied the odds to get here and seeing his game up close was great.

Antonio Snow on post game comments to Ja Morant: It was just a respect thing. That’s it. He has a huge undertaking having to help lead this team and I told him I understood and just respect to him for taking it all on the chin.

Brad Stevens on team’s performance this season: Despite this loss, I think we are playing well. Miami is a tough team. We didn’t have many changes, but we are adapting well. Missing Jayson right now, but he’ll be back soon. Ja has stepped in and worked hard. The other guys have been backing him up every step of the way and it’s helped in maintaining our winning record.

Top Performers

Miami Heat
Antonio Snow – 31 PTS, 5 REB, 7 AST, 2 STL
Josh Richardson – 13 PTS, 4 REB, 2 STL
Hassan Whiteside – 12 PTS, 6 REB

Boston Celtics
Ja Morant – 25 PTS, 2 REB, 4 AST
Jaylen Brown – 20 PTS, 10 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL, 3 BLK
Sekou Doumbouya – 15 PTS, 2 REB, 2 AST

Topic author
chosenone58