Can't Ban the Snowman: The Legend of Tony Snow

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Aug 2021, 14:12

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Aug 2021, 14:14

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 17 Aug 2021, 14:23

chosenone58 wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 05:40

Top Baller Problems

LeBron James has hinted at the Lakers’ interest in acquiring Antonio Snow during Free Agency. The reigning ROY and MVP only signed a 1-year contract with the Miami Heat when they signed him as an undrafted free agent in September.

I turned off the television. Ever since that tweet came out, it’s been crazy around here. This is all anyone has been talking about. Free Agency starts tomorrow and at the request of Big Mo, I waited to see what would happen.

“I mean sure, Miami is great. But you have accomplished everything you possibly could. Championship included. Playing with King James is on a whole other level. Can you picture it?”

Truth is, I had been picturing it. Once everything had settled down after the NBA Finals, I got a text from LeBron, saying the weather in L.A. is just as great as Miami’s all year. He followed me on social media during most of my South American run, but we never officially met until I started doing the tour with Nike last summer. Everybody thought I was going to sign with Los Angeles this season, but Miami came knocking first. We’ve kept in touch throughout the season. Linked up for All-Star Weekend. I don’t think I’m going to be a member of the Banana Boat Crew any time soon, but we’re cool. I’m actually flattered to be honest.

Then the tweets started and I had to get out of town for a little bit. I decided to head to Puerto Rico to kind of get away from everything. Maurice came down to join me the next day. We were seated on the beach. My brother and Eva were both still asleep.

“So, what we thinking?”

“I don’t know, Mo. This is more than just my life here.”

“I mean, do you like Miami?”

“I love Miami, man.”

“But LeBron….”

“Yeah, I know. It would be an amazing one-two punch, but what about everything I’ve built here?”

“True. But don’t forget we’re trying to cash out.”

“I think the boys in the front office respect me enough to put some serious money on the table.”

“You think you guys can win again? This season was pure magic, Tony.”

I started to answer, but I stopped myself. He had a point. This season was magic. I’m sure we’re going to have to work in some new pieces. Hassan may or may not take his player option this season.

“I gotta think about Nico, man. I can’t just uproot my brother. It’s his senior year.”

“And Eva?”

Eva and I were good. She was still working as a waitress at Truluck’s. It was part-time these days, but she insisted on working. I could respect that. She hadn’t fully moved in. She only had a drawer and one side of the closet at the condo. She still lived with her parents. I’m not sure if or when she’s planning on going back to school. That’s a conversation for another day.

“We’re good. She’ll be good.”

“Have you talked to Nico about it? I’m sure he would love Los Angeles. He can go to Sierra Canyon. Bronny goes there. I’m sure he could show him the ropes. It’ll be great.”

“I don’t know, man. I’m just trying to get us some stability. Endorsements are coming in. I’m making some real money now. We’ve gotten out from under Julian’s thumb.”

“What better place to settle than Los Angeles? LeBron has announced to the whole world how much he would like to have you there. That endorsement doesn’t get much bigger.”

“You’re right, but nobody took a chance on me when I was recovering. The Heat did. They traded away Dragic because they believed in me.”

“And you brought them a championship.”

“Yeah, but D. Wade is retiring. I think it would really be a blow to the team if I left.”

“And you think they would show that much loyalty to you if you hadn’t done what you did? It was a low risk chance, that turned out to be more than they dreamed. And you know if Nico doesn’t want to go to Los Angeles, I can keep him with me just like I did when you were in Europe and South America.”

“I don’t wanna do that, man. I’m trying to be present for him. Besides, you’re talking like they’ve made the offer.”

“So, we’re taking the qualifying offer from Miami, then? At least it’ll drive the price up. See if they really value you or not.”

I looked out at the water. It was a lot to take in. The possibility of a new city, new challenges, new teammates. LeBron James in particular. With that type of firepower, we could really run the league for a few seasons.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 17 Aug 2021, 18:45

Boy, if you don't take your ass to L.A. man... NBA is a business, Bron offering you a table to eat at, unless Miami is gonna run you a max, which I doubt.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Aug 2021, 22:32

The JZA wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 18:45

Boy, if you don't take your ass to L.A. man... NBA is a business, Bron offering you a table to eat at, unless Miami is gonna run you a max, which I doubt.
I don't want KD to at me about not being competitive by joining the Lakers..... lol

We'll see what Miami comes up with

Agent

Post by Agent » 19 Aug 2021, 08:35

He’s a little hesitant. You can’t go wrong with either destination, Snow

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Aug 2021, 07:45

Agent wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 08:35
He’s a little hesitant. You can’t go wrong with either destination, Snow
Join forces with LeBron or be a force by myself?

And the East has all the young stars: Zion, Ja, Cam.....

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Aug 2021, 09:24

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 21 Aug 2021, 09:27