Songs of the Playground | The Lyric of Jamarion Houston

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Feb 2019, 22:23

Ruin the tank, then join the Lakers
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 10:32

djp73 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 09:24
heck of a debut, hope the Knicks don't cut ties to ensure their tanking
We'll see what happens after the next few games. 10 days comes and go so fast.
C-Dub wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 11:00
I tried to play the video :drose:
:dead:
Captain Canada wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 17:06
Those instagram graphics something serious :obama:
They're meh, ChosenOne does it better. I'm about to steal his lol (though I had the template for God knows how long)
chosenone58 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 22:23
Ruin the tank, then join the Lakers
The ultimate dick move :ooo:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 12:20

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 13:16

DEMOTIONS

— Garbage Minutes; February 7, 2019

The NBA season was slowing down, just in time for the All-Star Weekend, as everyone participating was trying to avoid any injuries. But it didn't stop Lyric from doing his thing. Since being contracted by the Knicks, on a delicate and deliberate 10-day signing, Lyric has gone the opposite direction of their wishes, so it seems. Just only three games in, Lyric has became a highlight reel all over social media, once again being the talk of the town. But the higher ups were not pleased with his performances of recent...

Pops: See you when you get back son.

Lyric: Likewise, give mom my love when she gets home from work.

Pops: Consider it done.

Tammy: Good luck out there tomorrow. You're going to do great, like you've been doing.

Lyric: Thank you baby. But you know, I'm worried about what the GM said, he was quite serious about what he wanted out of me.

Tammy: Don't worry about that. You just do you. I got a feeling this will turn out positive in the end.

Pops: That's right son. Besides, This Zion kid is a push over compared to you. You just ended the Knicks 12-game losing streak and you only played 3 games with them. If they don't see the special potential in you, I don't know what the Knicks are thinking.

Tammy: Exactly, so just go out there and do YOUR thing, and come back home to me.

Lyric: That's a deal I can't break then.

*Lyric kisses Tammy and hugs his pops a farewell, a short one, but nonetheless. Informed by one of the staffs, Lyric picked up his bag and hurried to board the team's flight, heading for Detroit.*

Lance: Yo, rook... Rook!... Yo, Rook!

Lyric: You talking to me?

*Lyric takes off his headphones, giving his attention*

Lance: Yeah, you.

Lyric: My B', it's just happen to be I'm not the only rook on the team.

Lance: No sweat, yo man, just want to welcome you to the team, even if it's just a 10-day deal. You been killing it these past few games.

Lyric: Thanks Lance, I do what I can man.

Lance: You honestly made a believer out of me. You definitely belong here in the NBA. The way we crushed it against Detroit, we haven't done that since the opening season game against Atlanta.

Lyric: Damn, really? I know you guys had it tough, especially with the trading of Porzingis. Maybe it's time for new adjustments.

Lance: Maybe... Or, perhaps, you get along with the program bro. The seasons for us is over. It's rebuild mode. And we got the best chances of getting Zion Williamson this summer. We like to keep it that way.

*Lyric couldn't believe what he was hearing, disgusted by the idolization of Zion Williamson*

Lyric: So, you're telling me you're not a winner. Well, that's good to know, and sorry to hear that.

Lance: What?

*Lance Thomas furiated by the disrespect, jumps up out his seat into Lyrics' face as others look on*

Lance: Yo rook, you best learn to respect your veteran around here, or you not going to get far in this organization.

Coach Fisdale: Alright, that's enough! Lance, sit down and relax. Last thing we need is jump off the rail over cheap squabble... Houston, follow me, we need to have a discussion.

*Lyric complied with the coach's request, staring down Lance as he walked to the back where Fisdale resided.*

Lyric: Yeah coach, what's up?

Coach Fisdale: You want to explain why you and Lance are jumping down each other's throat?

Lyric: Nah, it ain't nothing like that. Ain't no problems at all. Just some minor differences.

Coach Fisdale: Minor differences... Well, what he said about Zion Williamson is right. The season is over for us and our best chance to improve as a team is getting Zion Williamson to New York. Now, I know you are a very gifted and talented basketball player. I've seen your footages, I've seen what you can do during practices and in games. You're hungry, you got a fire and passion for this that I haven't seen in a player since Kobe... But your time isn't now. You know what you were here for. And now that Ntilikina is back in the rotation, I will be cutting your minutes.

Lyric: What? Yo come on, I'm out here trying to prove myself to Knicks that I belong and you want to cut?

Coach Fisdale: You want to prove you belong, be a part of the team. Help us get Zion. Any questions?

*Lyric sat in silence, knowing his time with the Knicks was growing weary in such of a short time.*

Lyric: Nah, everything is understood clearly.

*Lyric proceeded to head back to his seat, harboring a disappointing mood*

Coach Fisdale: Hey, Houston. Off the record... If I had to choose between you and him, you get my vote by a mile son.

*Lyric turns back around, not touched by the compliment, returning to his seat. Lyric looks into his calendar on his phone, seeing the schedule for tomorrow against Detroit, then back home to host Toronto. It was only a matter of time before the contract expired and things with the Knicks were not looking good...*

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 05 Feb 2019, 13:32

Zaza knew he was fucked :rip:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 16:56

C-Dub wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 13:32
Zaza knew he was fucked :rip:
Ain't no catching that one

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 16:57

Last edited by The JZA on 06 Feb 2019, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 05 Feb 2019, 17:55

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Feb 2019, 01:40

The JZA wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 10:32
They're meh, ChosenOne does it better. I'm about to steal his lol (though I had the template for God knows how long)
Steal away, fam. lol You definitely have a better game recap layout though. I just do what I can when I can. Graphics are not my thing.

Speaking of layouts.....What's up with that headline for the Pistons game?

Respect to Lyric for staying true to himself on that 10-day contract.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 07 Feb 2019, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 05:50

chosenone58 wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 01:40
The JZA wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 10:32
Steal way, fam. lol You definitely have a better game recap layout though. I just do what I can when I can. Graphics are not my thing.

Speaking of layouts.....What's up with that headline for the Pistons game?

Respect to Lyric for staying true to himself on that 10-day contract.
lol Thanks fam, :melo2:

My gfx are meh at best. I kept all my attempts since the DSS days and I mesh a little by little with what I have. I just happened to produce that.

I had the fix for it, but my internet was acting up, so by time I moved on to the next game, I forgot to upload the replacement. But good looking out on the reminder