Songs of the Playground | The Lyric of Jamarion Houston

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 01:24

djp73

Post by djp73 » 08 Feb 2019, 05:32

Nice. Should be fun in Chicago. The house that Derek Baldwin built!

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 08 Feb 2019, 12:02

CHIRAQ ABOUT TO BE PROBLEM! :obama:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 19:29

djp73 wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 05:32
Nice. Should be fun in Chicago. The house that Derek Baldwin built!
Who is he? A.J. Styles? :drose:
Captain Canada wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 12:02
CHIRAQ ABOUT TO BE PROBLEM! :obama:
We got men on the front lines. We got bombers, shooters, aerial assaults, tacticians, we ready for war :yep:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 19:30

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 08 Feb 2019, 20:23

Moon Man, LaVine, AND KLAY from the TREY?

#ProblemSzn

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 20:24

THE DEBUT

— Game One; October 23, 2019

Finally, everything was out of the way. The Pro-Ams, the press conferences, the pre-season training, everything was done. One thing became brighter and clearer as each day passed, the official "true debut" for Lyric, the NBA tip-off for the 2019-2020 season. The goosebumps, the nerves and jitters, the anticipation, it was as if it was the first game back in Kentucky, where the stage was bigger, the lights were brighter. You'd think that experience happened back in New York with the Knicks, but that was a potent poison for failure. This here, in Chicago, it was all real.

Kanter: Hey, Jamarion, how's it going buddy? You ready for tonight?

*As Lyric was setting up his sneakers, bopping his head to some Lupe Fiasco, it was clear he didn't catch on to Enes Kanter. Thus Enes took the imitative to swipe up one of the ear muff.*

Kanterl: Yo! Houston!

Lyric: Yo! What's up man? My fault.

Kanter: I was asking were you ready for tonight?

Lyric: Oh, yeah, yeah, definitely! Who we got tonight?

Kanter: The Dallas Mavericks. Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis. You know they're going to be a problem tonight.

Lyric: Yeah man, that's all I kept hearing about on ESPN, how those two are going to be the duo to beat in the Southwest division for years to come. They're the next Nash & Nowitzki.

Kanter: Yeah man, we got our work cut out early. But, just so you know, that business back with the Knicks man, don't worry about it. It won't be the same here. I get the feeling we're going to need a lot of your contribution this season and so on. I, personally, love your game. I love how you attack it and we can use that every night possible.

Lyric: Aw man, I'm not worry about that mess. That's all in the past. I know I haven't teamed up a lot with you back then, but we're here now. I look forward to seeing if we can bring a little "Penny & Shaq" magic to the squad.

Kanter: For sure man, we can work on that. But lets just get the first win out of the way, get everybody comfortable with their roles, see what works and what don't, and then we'll take it from there.

Lyric: See, this is why you and Klay the leaders. Y'all got the team before the individuals, and here I'm am over here trying to put on a show before the show even gets started!

Kanter: Haha, it's okay. You're eager to bring chemistry to the team. That's good energy. We're going to need that for this long season. But hey, I got to go. I'll see you out on the court before the game.

Lyric: Aight man, do your thing.

Little did Lyric know, the team were already overly excited to have him on the roster. They showed great effort in maintaining their composure about it, but they definitely let social media and the press know how jubilant they were about it. The new-look Bulls felt they had a real chance at a successful season and growth as a team.

Lyric: Hey coach!

Coach Boylen: Hey, just the man I wanted to see.

Lyric: What's happening Cap?

Coach Boylen: I know you're still rough around the edges with the team, getting situated, and everything, but we're throwing you in the cooker, starting tonight. We saw your game playing with the Knicks, and you seem to had a quick grasp on executing the game as it should be with your teammates. We want to see what you can handle early, going off adjustments as every team settles in. You got caught in a middle of a stagnant situation, and you handled your-self pretty well nonetheless. So, you're up for the job?

Lyric: Yeah, sure. I'm a quick learner, I adapt on the fly. Open minded. There's absolutely nothing the next man can do that I can't handle. Be it taking the game winning shot or giving it up to someone else. That's how we rolling.

Coach Boylen: I have no idea why we took a skip on you last year, but sweet baby Jesus! I'm happy you're here now. So, let me ask you one more thing. When you stepped in this building tonight, as a part of the official season roster, what's the two things that resonated with you?

*Lyric has a flashback to the press conference of his official greeting over the summer, and a reporter asked a similar question to what was asked by the coach.*

Lyric: I have to say, as I said before back at the conference, I said, "I have a lot of work cut out for me, and I have a lot to look forward to." You think about the 90's Bulls, and how they brought this ball club to a dynasty era, winning six championships with Jordan & Pippen. Then you look at the drought this ball club had until Derrick Rose arrived and brought hope back to the city, as well as winning MVP. Then you got this other guy, Derek Baldwin, "The Dark Horse", his name is marquee in this building. So, I know I got a lot to live up to, but that's the joy of it. The challenge is the feat, to be featured...

*Coach Boylen took a deep breath, nodding his head, proceeding to pat Lyric on the shoulder.*

Coach Boylen: You going to do alright kid, we're going to see to it. You're going to go places, and hopefully that's into a new dynasty era with us. The Warriors had their fun in the sun, it's our turn.

Lyric: You know it. And now with all the important parts of the that team spread out in the NBA, we got a fighting chance, as we always will. So I wouldn't have it no other way.

Coach Boylen: Spoken like a true champ. Alright, it's almost game-time. Be out there on the floor in 10 minutes for some warm ups. We got a game to win tonight. Doncic and Porzingis!

Lyric: Don't worry, me and Kanter had that discussion already.

Coach Boylen: Teamwork, I love it.

Lyric: Hey coach, one question. Wasn't there a franchise story here with the Bulls, something people were calling, "RED LINES"?

Coach Boylen: ........ Mmmm, no? Doesn't ring a bell with me. Why?

Lyric: Nothing, just something me and my cousins was talking about one day. Thought there were some truth to it.

Coach Boylen: Tell your cousin to leave the ghost stories alone, see you out there kid.

Lyric: Aight, bet. See you in a while.

It was time. The moment was here. There was no turning back once Lyric stepped down that corridor. At this point in his life, it was all or nothing, and failure wasn't an option. All the preparations, all the hype, all the talk, all the games, it all balled down to this one game. This one game to beginning a new life. And a life in Chiraq wasn't a easy life. But put a man of madness in the Madhouse, and see a genius at work. Jamarion "Lyric" Houston, the NBA will never be the same again after tonight...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 20:26

Captain Canada wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 20:23
Moon Man, LaVine, AND KLAY from the TREY?

#ProblemSzn
It's about to get serious in the United Center

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 20:27

:lebronscream: NO MORE STORIES!! IT'S GAME TIME!!! :letsgo:

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 09 Feb 2019, 00:16

team looking stacked lowkey