Songs of the Playground | The Lyric of Jamarion Houston

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 07:15

ImageImage
ImageImage

djp73

Post by djp73 » 06 Feb 2019, 11:36

where to?

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 13:20

djp73 wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 11:36
where to?
Stay tune my bruddah

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 13:46

THE RETURN

— Back To Reality; April 4th, 2019

"It's been a while since his departure with the New York Knick and their 10-Day contract. Both Lyric and the Knicks had different ideals of direction, inevitably, leaving nothing on the table to renegotiate. The season was nearly over. James Harden took reign as the league's MVP, and the playoffs were right around the corner. With doubt of ever returning to the NBA, Lyric put his time in with community and at The Booth. Lyric was back at coaching at The Booth, teaching the young ones the fundamentals of the game, along with his assistant, Avery. Avery was getting better with his craft. Becoming a masterful defender as well as a exceptional playmaker."

Lyric: Good job Avery, keep it up. Get lower Michael, don't squat in it, just keep your knees in front of you.

*As Lyric was setting up for the next drill, MC Supernatural walks into the gym.*

MC Supernatural: Yo Lyric!

Lyric: Yo Supe! Hold on fam. Aight guys, give me a minute, I got to go talk to my friend. But I want you guys to pair up in threes. Three vs three vs three. Team that scores first stays on court, loser rotates with the other team. Okay? Avery, take it from the top of the key, I'll be back.

MC Supernatural: Lyric baby, what's up? Long time on the hustle.

*Lyric showing Supernatural some love*

Lyric: Yeah man, it's been a minute. How you holding?

MC Supernatural: I'm good family. You know how we maintain. Plus, when you not here, I keep eyes on the spot, everything running smooth.

Lyric: Yo, I appreciate that, good looking on having my back on this.

MC Supernatural: No worries G', if it's for the community, the people, the youth, then I'm all for it.

Lyric: Bet. So speaking of the youth, my cousin Ahmed is coming in town to stay a while. And we still got some dough from the GoFundMe jump off.

MC Supernatural: Right..

Lyric: I was thinking, we put together a little fundraising tournament event. We're doing well for ourselves, the place is hot. People come through, be it to hit the gym, or to study under your tutelage. But I think we can expand a little.

MC Supernatural: Aight, aight, I'm digging it. "A fundraising tournament hosted at The Booth//Get the community to come out and support the youth//"

Lyric: See, you singing my lyrics. Keep hitting them notes, haha.

MC Supernatural: Fa'sho, I'm digging this. But here this, it's almost summertime. And I know you had some bad strings with the NBA.

Lyric: Man, tell me about it.

MC Supernatural: But, summertime is street ball season, and you know how we do. So dig this. Me, Tammy, and your cousin Ahmed will get the fundraiser flowing in this end. While you go back out on the pro-Am.

Lyric: Hmm, I don't know Supe. I was thinking my basketball career might be over.

MC Supernatural: Nah, it ain't over, you yet to begin. You just need a little more time, let your agent put in that work for you.

Lyric: Pro-Am, huh.

MC Supernatural: You run them sets bro. The proceeds come home to The Booth, and you keep the exposure, as if you need anymore, Mr. Gone Global.

Lyric: Yo, why you always come up with the better ideas?

MC Supernatural: Cause I'm Supernatural, baby.

*Lyric began to think it over, looking back at the kids playing*

Lyric: Yo, I'm in baby.

MC Supernatural: You back! Them suckers on the Pro-Am ain't going to know what hit them.

Lyric: That's cause in the basketball world, I am Supernatural, MC, Master of Crossovers.

*Supernatural stares at Lyric's smug face unimpressed*

MC Supernatural: Don't believe that hype.

Lyric: I AM THE HYPE!!

*The two bounce off each other, enjoying a good laugh*

Lyric: Aight, I gotta get back to these kids, finish up practice.

MC Supernatural: No doubt, do your thing. I'll be in the studio, come through later. We'll work out the schematics of the fundraiser.

Lyric: Aight, bet. See you in a while.

"Lyric, once again back in the Pro-Am. First time around, he was living a dream. Second time, he found himself redeeming his tragic past. This time, Lyric intends to leave his mark on the map. While it seem like a good trade off for the community in his neighborhood of Harlem, NY, deep down, burned a desire to make it to association. He had to try one last time."

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 15:20

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2019, 15:23

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 06 Feb 2019, 18:50

Damn, this shit is awesome! Has me itching to create myself :curtain:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 02:47

Captain Canada wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 18:50
Damn, this shit is awesome! Has me itching to create myself :curtain:
I appreciate you my man. Gotta give creds to ChosenOne. Homie has been the inspire to do this kind of stuff.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 03:22

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 03:40