Songs of the Playground | The Lyric of Jamarion Houston

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 03:41

djp73

Post by djp73 » 07 Feb 2019, 07:04

Knicks didn't get Zion :lol:

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 07 Feb 2019, 11:50

Houston ain't playing around on this circuit :obama:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 16:58

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 16:59

djp73 wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 07:04
Knicks didn't get Zion :lol:
Stephen A. called it
Captain Canada wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 11:50
Houston ain't playing around on this circuit :obama:
Street cred is always on the line. Can't take that lightly.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 17:42

THE BIG PAYBACK PT.1

— What's The Deal?; July 23, 2019

Lyric spent his summer touring the world once again. Last time, he made stops at South America and Asia. This time, Lyric made appearances in Canada, France, and the United Kingdom. Earning his winnings from the tournaments, which undeniably had stiff competition, Lyric carried out his mission, sending the proceeds back home for the team at The Booth could carry out the fundraiser event. As much as Lyric would have loved to be there, gaining more exposure in places on the Earth where he has not touched was also a personal priority. Lyric was determined to be heard across the world, and little by little, people were listening. People were watching. People were becoming aware. And people were loving what they were seeing...

Supernatural: Yo, baby boy, good to have you back man. How was your flight?

Lyric: Same as usual. Nothing changed. Peanuts in first class is the bomb though.

Supernatural: Oh, look at you, Mr. "I don't fly in coach no more", haha

Lyric: Well, when you're me, what you expect? Haha

Supernatural: Yeah, whatever fool. You got everything?

Lyric: Yep. I'll just put my things in the back and we out.

*The two peeled out of La Guardia Airport, making there way back on the scene in Harlem.*

Lyric: So, fill me in fam. How the event go?

Supernatural: Yo man, it was everything kid. Tammy and your cousin Ahmed really did their thing with the hosting while I kicked it on the tables. Even your old heads came through and helped out with the refreshments and what not.

Lyric: Word? That's what's up. Wish I was back here to be a part of it.

Supernatural: Yeah, we almost had a riot on our hands when they demanding you pull up, haha. I was like, "Yoo! Yoo! Chill! Lets all be one. Lyric out overseas helping us endorse this fundraiser for the people here. For the future, think about the future!" Yo man, it was crazy, but it was a success nonetheless.

Lyric: Wow, the whole hood had MC Supernatural shooked, that's a sight to see, haha.

Supernatural: Never that, don't even it spin it like that. Just didn't want what we built torn down. Too much ignorance has let "could've been" monumental places go down in history as history.

Lyric: Felt that. But yo, speaking of endorsing. Guess who holl' at your boy here.

Supernatural: What? Some local bakery in Paris that want you to do commercials for their pastries?

Lyric: Man, I wanted in on that, but they told me no. So, I got something better. The Jordan Brand.

Supernatural: Stop lying, get out of here!

Lyric: Nah, dead serious. After the QUAI 54 Championship, I basically got pulled to the side by a representative and they offered me a lucrative contract. So now I'm Jordan Brand for life baby!

Supernatural: Yo, this is nuts. Man, I'm happy for you for real. It's about time things started looking up for you kid. You absolutely came a long way.

Lyric: Yeah man, and you know I wouldn't have gotten this far without you G'. So, that being said, when you need some fresh feets, I got you.

Supernatural: It's like that? My feet kind of smelly right now, lets do something.

Lyric: Hey, you can go home and wash them boys your-self. Just get me home, haha. But for real fam, I got you. We been doing this since way back, so you don't gotta ask bro.

Supernatural: Family for life.

Lyric: Exactly.

Lyric makes it back home finally, to welcoming arms of his family and girlfriend. It wasn't long until Lyric breaks news of becoming a new member of the Jordan Brand Family. And while the news goes over well with everyone told, it would take Ahmed to be the one who had dollar signs in his eyes. But whatever scheme he had concocting, Lyric nipped that in the bud quickly. This time, there was no need to hustle or scheme up. The House of Houston was official now, and Lyric wanted to keep it that way. To be in the shoe realm of the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, not to mention the man him-self, Michael Jordan, Lyric was not only becoming a part of a brand, but he was about to find out he has begun to build his own empire...

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 19:51

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2019, 20:55

THE BIG PAYBACK PT.2

— Where Do I Sign?; August 1, 2019

The end of the NBA off-season was coming to a head fast, and it's been a rather quick summer for Lyric, but also a very quiet summer between him and his agent. Lyric was beginning to have doubts once again, but kept his word to Tammy to not fall in that loop, aiming to keep his spirits high. To keep his mind off basketball, Lyric had planned a family trip to the Bahamas. The weather there was night, and the family could use the getaway to relax and not worry about a thing.

Lyric: Hey Pops, you guys got everything ready?

Pops: Just about. Your mother can't decide on which bathing suit to bring.

Lyric: Tell her to just bring them all. It's a two week vacay.

Mom: Now you should know good and well, there's a weight limit on baggage, exceed and you pay extra.

Lyric: Haha, mom, it's cool. Bring all you think you'd need and don't worry about-

Mom: Uh-uh, we're not having none of that! Oh, just cause you got a shoe deal with Jordan, that mean you can go around spending and splurging whenever and however?

Lyric: Uh, yeah? My money.

Pops: He got a point there.

Mom: ... As long as you know it's your money.

*Lyric rolls his eyes in grief*

Lyric: Just be ready soon, we gotta catch that flight.

*Lyric heads to his room to attend to his bags, make account of everything. Just as he walked in, he witness Tammy in a sexy Fashion Nova black bikini. Her cherry booty and thick thighs complimented her tiny waist as the bikini straps cling upwards over the hips. Tammy turns around smiling, seeing Lyric nearly falling over himself.*

Tammy: I take it you like what you see?

Lyric: You wearing that for me?

Tammy: I can. I was hoping, I could wear something else once we get there.

Lyric: What you had in mind?

*Tammy inches her way over, gently tugging on Lyric's sweatpants string*

Tammy: You, ofcourse.

Lyric: Laaaaaaawd, wear me anytime girl!

Tammy:
You so corny! Haha

*The two shared a couple giggles and a kiss before Lyric proceeded to check his bag. Just as he reaches for it, his cell phone goes off.*

Lyric: Who's that baby?

Tammy: It's Leon... Hello?... Hey, Leon... Everything is fine, we're actually packing up to head out on a getaway... Really? Hold on! Baby! Here, talk to Leon, he said he has some news for you!

Lyric: You sound hella excited... Yo, Leon, what's the deal?

Leon: Well, you tell me what's the deal. Better yet, you can tell me "which" deal you want to take.

Lyric: Yo, quit playing. You saying we got something? Like, for real, for real? No 10-day?

Leon: Nope, none of that stuff. This is long-term business. People saw your game in Canada and overseas, I guess something you did fancied them.

Lyric: Please tell me it's not the Knicks?

Leon: I'll do you one better, the Knicks are not even one of the deals offered, but you do have more than a handful to pull from. Get here to my office and lets get it done. Your time is now, my friend.

Lyric: This is nuts man! Alright, I'll be there asap!

*Lyric grabbed his hoodie and keys and bolted out the door without a word*

Mom: what's going on? Where's Lyric going?

Tammy: Leon just called, I think this is the call he was waiting on -grins-...

*Sometime later, Lyric makes it to the office where Leon resides*

Lyric: Hey Leon, I got here as fast as I could!

Leon: I see man, you're sweltering, you want a cup of water?

Lyric: Nah man, I'm good... Matter of fact, yes, please.

Leon: Good Idea. Don't need you passing out when you see this numbers I got for you.

Lyric: So, what's all this? Why now all of a sudden?

Leon: Like I said, it had to be something what you did on your last tour. You did big work in Canada at the Hoopdome. Not only that, but had Andrew Wiggins ride your coat tail to Paris on your squad. Then you dominated the QUAI 54, you dominated in the UK, you've been putting in work and letting the world see that fire, showing them what the game's been missing!

Lyric: Aye!

Leon: What?

Lyric: Nothing, haha. I-I'm sorry, that was unprofessional.

Leon: Well, anyway, here. Look at these.

*Leon passes a handful of papers to Lyric. Contracts of teams that were interested in signing him*

Lyric: Milwaukee... Atlanta... Sacramento... Chicago... Lakers... San Antonio... Phoenix... Clippers... Wow, this is for real.

Leon: Yes it is kid. One of those papers, one of those contracts that's in your hand, you're holding your future, right in front of you. All you have to do is pick one and sign. The rest is done for you.

Lyric: Yeah man, this is a hard decision right now. My thoughts are like, cluttered right now. Just trying to think of all the possibilities.

Leon: I understand. Take your time. Take a moment and feel it out. See which one grabs you the firmest.

*Lyric takes a stand, shaking his wallet out his pants. Inside, he pulls out a old dollar coin, flipping it, eliminating all but two contracts.*

Leon: Elimination process... Now you have two left. Which is it going to be.

Lyric: Hand me a pen, please.

Leon: Sure thing.

*Lyric takes the pen and takes a moment before making a decision. Lyric puts both contracts side by side, eyeing up the details in comparison, looking for which stood out the most.*

Lyric: Okay...

*Lyric makes a decision and signs his name, Jamarion Houston, on the dotted line.*

Leon: This is it? You can always recant, pick another contract, and this one will go in the shredder, it never happened.

Lyric: Nah, this is the one.

Leon: Alright, lets get this money, shake on it?

Lyric:
Nah, lets get this work. Money will follow. We can shake on that.

Leon: Wise words.

*Leon and Lyric shook hands, in what seemed like forever and a day, they finally made traction with the NBA.*

Leon: So, I hear you going to take a vacation to somewhere rather nice?

Lyric: Yeah, for the family.

Leon: Just make sure you be back soon, training camp is not too far off.

Lyric: Oh, don't worry. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

It was a done deal. With just a signing, Lyric has became a official employee of the NBA. That young kid who's been dreaming since a little boy, who made it off to college, who took a gamble on a reality show, to making a name for him-self on the street ball circuit, all the failures, all the success, accumulated up to this present moment. This one moment that's been long overdue in the eyes of his peers and fans who invested in seeing a life in shambles turn into greatness. If there was any time to begin the true story of Jamarion Houston, there was no better time than now, because his time has come...

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 07 Feb 2019, 22:34

NBA calling :blessed:

LeBron and Boogie in LA, that's a scary sight.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 08 Feb 2019, 01:24

Captain Canada wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 22:34
NBA calling :blessed:

LeBron and Boogie in LA, that's a scary sight.
Either that, or we kicking doors in

They couldn't get Kawhi or Davis, so they waited for all the armored plates to fall off the Warriors, and the NBA were a pack of wolves going after them pieces :hmm: