Songs of the Playground | The Lyric of Jamarion Houston

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 01 Feb 2019, 19:42

my guy is ballin!

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 01 Feb 2019, 20:41

GETTING THE CALL

— Long Time Coming; January 31, 2019

It was a cold winter in New York, a cold war to be exact. People were struggling to keep warm with boilers going problematic throughout the city. No hot water, no heat, people had to do what they had to do to survive the chilling nights. It was no different for Lyric and his household. But they've gone the distance to invest in space heaters for the months ahead. But just as the season was bringing in bone-chilling weather, news was coming around the corner...

*Tammy walks into the living room where Lyric sat watching television, handing him a hot cup of brewed coffee.*

Lyric: Thanks babe.

Tammy: You welcome, hope it's not too sweet.

Lyric: I really don't do coffee, but it'll do for tonight. I'm cold af.

*The two bundled up together, trying to stay warm, as they watched clips of the Knicks game last night, losing to the Mavericks.*

Lyric: Another season down the drain with the Knicks, 10-40... Knicks ain't never coming back.

Tammy: Come on, you know they tanking for that guy Zion.

Lyric: Yeah, I know. Dude is going to kill it in the NBA once he get there... Like I should've been.

Tammy: Hey, none of that okay? I know one day you'll make it. I believe that, I do. You got to have faith in it, and your-self. Don't let it be so easily shaken.

Lyric: Yeah... Thanks. I don't know what I'd do without you. Thanks for sticking by me. Just get hard sometimes.

Tammy: And I'll be there to uplift you when you need baby.

*Tammy leans and kisses Lyric on the side of his forehead before resting her head on his shoulder. While the two snuggled, ESPN broke news that the Knicks had traded Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway, and Courtney Lee to the Dallas Mavericks for Dennis Smith Jr., Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan, and two future 1st round picks.*

Lyrics: Now this... It's like every since Patrick Ewing had cursed the Knicks with his Finals botch, NY has been a joke. This is crazy.

Tammy: It's bad. None of these guys are going to make a difference here, they not gonna want to stay.

Lyrics: Exactly-

*Lyric's phone rings next to him, on the call was his agent, Leon Rose*

Lyric: Hold up baby, it's Leon. This could be something... Hey Leon, what's up?

Leon: Hey kid, long time no talk. How's it going with you?

Lyric: Everything is everything. You know, just taking it one day at at time. Still out here trying to find my way.

Leon: Good, that's good. So, what if I told you that I've found a way for you? Does that peak you?

Lyric: Peak me? Yeah, obviously. You got something from the NBA? What's up?

Leon: Yeah, I just got off the phone with one of the teams. Me and the GM was talking, and they're are hurting pretty bad and could use some help setting up the future.

Lyric: Whatever it takes, I'm with it! Who we talking about?

Leon: The New York Knicks...

Lyric: Oh no...

Tammy: What baby?

Leon: What's wrong? A no-go?

Lyric: Did you they tell you what they did?

Leon: Yeah, I know about it. But that's not the point. Point is, you got an opportunity again. You going to take it and strike iron, or you want to stay in that humbly abode of yours freezing your butt off for nothing?

*Lyric ponders for a moment, weighing his options, but had no other choice to make but the right one.*

Lyric: Aight boss, sign me on.

Leon: Fantastic. Be here later this afternoon, we'll get the papers signed, meet and greet, and etc. All this is going to happen fast kid. You may be playing tomorrow, who knows, so just be prepared.

Lyric: Shit! Got you. Alright, I'm on it. Hey, thanks for everything. I'll see you today.

*As Lyric got off the phone, Tammy awaited with anticipation of the results of the conversation.*

Tammy: So...?

Lyric: We got to get dress baby. Leon got me a deal.

Tammy: That's great! Oh my god!........ You look hesitant.

Lyric: It's the Knicks, of all teams.

Tammy: Oh wow... Good luck with that ordeal, haha

Lyric: See what I'm saying.

Tammy: Baby, I'm just playing. Hey, look at it this way. you don't have to stay with the team long. Just sign the contract and do your part. What matters most is that you're getting your foot in the door finally.

Lyric: True. It's been a long time coming.

Tammy: So, show them what you got, impress a few people, and lets see what this summer does for us. You never know what's going to happen until you step up and step forward.

Lyric: You right baby, you right... Okay, lets get this deal inked up and make the league noticed what they missed out on.

Tammy: That's my man.

*The two shared a long kiss, and some "giggle" time before actually getting ready and heading to Mr. Rose's office to get the deal done. As foretold, things were going to happen fast, but Lyric has been waiting for this day, and just when his faith looked weary, his prayers have been answered. The New York Knicks. A stepping stone or a turning point, it was a moment Lyric must seize...*

chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Feb 2019, 03:06

We. Baaaaack!
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

djp73

Post by djp73 » 02 Feb 2019, 06:05

Great opening. Hooked.

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 02 Feb 2019, 10:45

Kyrie, KD & Lyric superteam next season :mischief:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2019, 11:43

chosenone58 wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 03:06
We. Baaaaack!
Had to find a way to alternate some of the story cause I was missing a few pieces when I didn't update on the other forum. But this Knicks trade was a great opening lol
djp73 wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 06:05
Great opening. Hooked.
Thanks brother, more stories to come
C-Dub wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 10:45
Kyrie, KD & Lyric superteam next season :mischief:
Thought about it. Still thinking about it. Might do it. Might not, depends on how the story goes :hmm:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2019, 12:30

C-Dub

Post by C-Dub » 02 Feb 2019, 12:52

debut of a legend coming :blessed:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2019, 13:22

SITUATIONS

— Downward Spiral; January 31, 2019

With the contract signing being documented, Lyric and Tammy trailed Leon to the Knicks training facility, in Tarrytown, NY, where they were to meet with the Knicks GM, Scott Perry, whom was hands on for the day. Part of Lyric was filled with excitement as his hard work and dedication was potentially rising to the next level. Another part just knew what he was in for. Gut feelings always come in aces. But time would tell as the trio arrived.

*Lyric and Tammy hop out the car to meet up with Leon just at the entrance of the facility.*

Leon: Alright Jamarion, this is your big moment, take it all in, but play it casual. You know what's the deal on the table, so lets take it one step at a time.

Lyric: Yeah, yeah, no question about it.

Leon: Nervous?

Lyric: Not sure if it's nerves or this weather.

Leon: I know what you mean, lets get further inside.

*Lyric followed Leon, progressing through the facility, watching the players and trainers exhibit drills sets. Lyric couldn't believe he was stepping on grounds of a official NBA training building. Shortly, the Knicks GM, Scott Perry made his presence...*

Leon: Mr. Perry, we talked over the phone, I'd like you to meet your new acquisition, Jamarion Houston.

Lyric: Hi, good afternoon sir, nice to meet you.

*Lyric extended his hand to shake, but the GM did not reciprocate, furthermore, simply stared at it*

GM: Let us go somewhere more quieter, shall we?

*Everyone made their way to an office on the other end of the facility, Tammy being the only one to hang back to let business be business.*

GM: So, does he know the ins and outs of this brief contract?

Leon: Yes sir. Well aware that it is 10 days, and even after the contract is up, the Knicks are not obligated to renegotiate, unless preferred.

GM: Very good. Now, not just my-self, but the coaches, the president, even the owner, we have our eyes on Zion Williamson. And at this point of the season, there's no point in winning. We simply need him to back up Dennis while Frank and Emmanuel recovery from their injuries.

Leon: Understood. I'm quite sure, he's every bit of a team player you'd expect him to be. He's more than capable if you seen any of his videos on-

GM: I really don't have the time or need to be watching footage of street basketball. I'm a businessman. I'm more concerned if he can get the job done as a employee of the Knicks organization.

Lyric: (Yo, this fool talking as if I'm not in front of him. What type of shit is this?)

*Leon notices the conflicted expression on Lyric's face as he struggled to keep calm, adverting the attention onto him*

Leon: Well, he's standing before you. This is a commitment question you have to ask him.

GM: Mr. Houston, you've heard enough, but do you understand what I am asking of you as a team player?

Lyric: Yeah, everything is understood. (I understand you want me to shave points, just to stay losing)

GM: Now, while I do make the decision here for the team, it is not my only opinion that make the decisions for the team. As said before, we have our eyes set on Zion Williamson. And you're giving 10 days. Should you follow direct instructions with the team, we may give you another 10 days, or sign you on the rest of the season. But all that will depend on you. Can you handle it?

Lyric: (is this guy serious? I can smell this bullshit from a mile away.) Yes sir, I would only think nothing but the team's goal first.

GM: Very good, you learn fast. And I just hope you're prepared to adjust just as fast. As I said, you'll be backing up Dennis Smith Jr. and we have the Boston Celtics coming tomorrow. So, get your jitters in order, talk to one of the coaches outside and suit up for some practice.

Lyric: Right now?

GM: Time is of the essence...

Lyric: Right, right, well, thank you.

GM: And welcome to the team.

Leon: Well, I see it's been a pleasure. I will leave you to the rest of day and will help Houston get settled in.

*Lyric heads out the office, baffled of the GM, now seeing why Kristaps wanted out already. If management treatment started with him, Lyric knew his tenure here as a Knick would possibly be short.*

Leon: Hey kid, I'm sorry about all of that, but you chucked it and kept your head up. Just look at it, 10 days, it's something to start with.

*Lyric directs his confused expression towards Leon*

Lyric: It's something? You gots to be kidding me man. This was a set up for a dead end.

Tammy: Hey baby, how'd it go?

Lyric: ... Ask Leon...

*Lyric walks off shaking his head, disappointed as he introduced himself to the coaching staff and some of the players along the way.*

Tammy: So...What happened?

Leon: Well, he's a part of the team if that's what you're asking.

Tammy: That's great, but neither of you look too happy about this.

Leon: Nothing to be happy about. This place smells. There's a reason why Porzingis wanted out.

Tammy: But he's going to play, right?

Leon: Oh yeah, he'll play. But don't expect nothing what you normally would get out of him.

*For all dream chasers, the path is not always straight and blissful. And this is certainly the case for Lyric. For someone who wanted nothing more than to be the best and to show the world what he's made of, him signing with the Knicks, it felt like he let the world down personally. Though these dreams are to become a reality, Lyric knew what time it was, and what must be done...*

Last edited by The JZA on 02 Feb 2019, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 02 Feb 2019, 13:24

C-Dub wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 12:52
debut of a legend coming :blessed:
:blessed: The wait is almost over