Got My Mojo Working - The Journey of Morgan Sauce (2K20 MyCareer) - Complete

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Got My Mojo Working - The Journey of Morgan Sauce (2K20 MyCareer)

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Feb 2022, 13:50

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Feb 2022, 13:55

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Feb 2022, 14:07

Stellar Performance from Sauce Secures Pels First Championship

BY CHRISTIAN CLARK | STAFF WRITER JUNE 10, 2021 – 3:17 PM
ImageImage
Finals MVP Morgan Sauce celebrates with his teammates after bringing their first NBA Championship back to New Orleans.

Nobody is smiling harder than Morgan Sauce addressing the New Orleans faithful at the podium right now. Going from a potential first round pick to suffering an injury and quickly becoming an afterthought to working through the NBA Summer League and now a NBA champion.

“I’ve always known that I have what it takes. I like to let my work speak for me though. This has been the goal since day one. Show and prove. This is my city, ya heard me? I’m so glad that I was able to do this for the home team.”

Sauce averaged 35.8 points, 5.3 assists and 7 rebounds per game throughout the Finals. Earning the Bill Russell Award as Finals MVP.

Sauce had a lot of accolades this year: League Scoring Leader, Most Improved, and MVP. But what was most important was the Larry O’Brien trophy.

“All those awards would have meant nothing if we got to this point and failed. I couldn’t let my guys down. I couldn’t let the city down. To kind of quote LeBron James, New Orleans, this is for you!”
Morgan Sauce was on a mission this season and it started at the end of last season when the Pelicans lost in the second round to the Los Angeles Lakers.

According to Coach of the Year, Alvin Gentry, Sauce came to him with thoughts on moving the team forward. “He definitely spoke his mind this summer. He came in and gave his opinions. On plans for his own improvement within the flow of the office and on players that he thought we should take a look at. Some of the suggestions he made my team and I were already considering, so to have him already on the same page as the staff was a plus.”

Once he signed his extension, it was time to go to work. His first order of business was hiring his dad as his personal trainer. Once he got his parents relocated from Los Angeles back to New Orleans, he reached out to Donovan Mitchell and got connected with Chris Brickley in addition to his current trainer, Stacy, whom he’s worked with since the Portsmouth Invitational.

“He is one of those guys that can have longevity in this league,” said Brickley. “He wants to do the work. He pushed himself all summer. Two a days, three a days. He wanted to make sure I was available. He was locked in. I’m not surprised that he had the year that he had.”

Gentry echoed that sentiment. “He asked for the opportunity to be a leader on this team and he showed it. Starting with his work in the offseason. He came to practice with a renewed focus.”

The Pelicans made a lot of key changes during the offseason, the biggest being the return of Demarcus Cousins. He signed a three-year deal to join Sauce, Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson. Many will say that Cousins has been ring chasing since he left the Crescent City, but he was able to secure his first championship right here.

The Pelicans knew their weakness was in their interior game so they also added Willie Cauley-Stein to provide support to Cousins and Jaxson Hayes. New Orleans brought in veteran leadership rounding out their roster with Paul Millsap and Jeff Green. They had all the ingredients for a championship winning gumbo.

On a pace for a record setting season, the Pelicans lost point guard Lonzo Ball to an Achilles injury at the end of March. They dedicated their playoff run to him. Ball was able to join his teammates in Brooklyn for Game 4.

“They told me they wanted me here. They wanted me to celebrate with them.”

The Pelicans believed in the possibility of a sweep so much that they made sure they brought their Mardi Gras themed uniforms to Brooklyn.

The city has not celebrated like this since the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl in 2010. And the consensus is that they don’t want to wait another decade to celebrate again.

“Let’s run it back!” Sauce yells into the microphone as he address the crowd in Champions Square.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 26 Feb 2022, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Feb 2022, 14:11

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 25 Feb 2022, 20:35

Congrats my guy! :blessed: Pelichamps of the NBA

mvp

Post by mvp » 26 Feb 2022, 05:20

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

One of the greatest.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 26 Feb 2022, 09:44

The JZA wrote:
25 Feb 2022, 20:35
Congrats my guy! :blessed: Pelichamps of the NBA
mvp wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 05:20
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

One of the greatest.
Preciate it fellas. Hard fought journey, but we made it.

kibaxx7

Post by kibaxx7 » 26 Feb 2022, 13:22

Congrats, brother!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 27 Feb 2022, 08:51

kibaxx7 wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 13:22
Congrats, brother!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown:
Thanks, bro. That second season was pretty fun.

Agent

Post by Agent » 27 Feb 2022, 14:01

Good shit bringing the chip to NOLA. Bourbon St getting active