Got My Mojo Working - The Journey of Morgan Sauce (2K20 MyCareer) - Complete

This is where to post any NBA or NCAA basketball franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Got My Mojo Working - The Journey of Morgan Sauce (2K20 MyCareer)

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Dec 2021, 20:18

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Dec 2021, 20:20

Last edited by chosenone58 on 23 Dec 2021, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Dec 2021, 20:21

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Dec 2021, 20:24

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 23 Dec 2021, 22:58

Things heating up. Pels gonna coast this round

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Dec 2021, 15:29

The JZA wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 22:58
Things heating up. Pels gonna coast this round
I’m inclined to agree. And Fox is playing with an injury.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Jan 2022, 21:59

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Jan 2022, 22:03

MVP Morgan Sauce is in a Class All His Own

BY CHRISTIAN CLARK | STAFF WRITER MAY 3, 2021 – 11:22 AM

After an incredible, record setting season with the New Orleans Pelicans, there was no doubt who would be named this year's MVP.
Bob Pettit.

Bill Russell.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

These are the only players in NBA history to have ever won the MVP trophy in their second season. Until now. 50 years later, Morgan Sauce is now able to add his name to that list as this year’s MVP.

Morgan has also been able to add his name to a few more lists. He’s now become the twelfth player named Most Improved Player and NBA All-Star in the same season. Joining the likes of Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Kevin Love.

Love went on to win in NBA Championship with Cleveland.

“That’s definitely a list I would like to be on at the end of this season. That’s still the goal,” said Sauce.

He’s among seven players to have won the Most Improved Award and been named to All-NBA Team same year, a list that includes Tracy McGrady, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Paul George.

From that list he joins Tracy McGrady as being the only player to win MIP and a scoring title. McGrady was awarded MIP in 2001 after his first season in Orlando and led the NBA in scoring in 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons.

He shakes his head in disbelief as he looks at the trophy sitting on the podium just a few feet away and looks over the lists of names. “All good company,” he says.

He has defied the odds since the night he was drafted. Surprising players and coaches alike with his on court efforts despite being a second round pick for the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2019 NBA Draft after spending four years at Loyola-Marymount despite being a possible late first round pick at the end of his sophomore season. He decided to come back for one more season and suffered an injury in December that kept him out all season and forcing him to rebuild his senior season.

“I’ve always been the underdog. Never highly touted coming out of high school. Three star recruit. No McDonald’s All-American. Forces me to take nothing for granted. I work hard. That’s one thing I can say for sure. No one is going to outwork me out there.”

His teammates are inclined to agree.

“He goes hard, every practice. Every practice. No plays off, no days off,” commented Zion Williamson. “But he knows how to have fun. He makes playing the game fun. Seeing how hard he works, makes us want to work just as hard.”

This season was different for Morgan. He dedicated it to Kobe Bryant at the start of the season. Bryant died in a helicopter crash along with eight others, his daughter Gianna included. Sauce got a tattoo with the numbers 24 and 2 last season. This season he wrote the letters “WWKD” on the sides of his sneakers, an acronym for “What Would Kobe Do” as a nightly reminder.

“He was undoubtedly my favorite player and the person I most closely patterned my game after. My work ethic, everything. He was teaching me so much in those three months since he came to our practice and I just wish I had more time.”

Sauce has taken that passion and energy to lead the Pelicans to a 73-9 season, their best record ever and tying Golden State for the league’s best record ever.

He dominated this season finishing with 33 points per game, followed by Steph Curry with 30 points per game and LeBron James with 28 points per game. He averaged over five rebounds and dished close to 8 assists. Bryant averaged 35.4 points per game the when he led the NBA in scoring during the 2005-06 season. A fact that Sauce was aware of.

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t trying to get 36 points,” he laughs. “But I would never do anything to the detriment to the team or try to mess up that chemistry for us. I got way more assists though. I think he’d be proud.”

However, winning that scoring title this year, put Sauce in another category. No one else has won the MIP and MVP in the same year while leading the league in scoring. He continues to show, as he always has, that he is still in a class of his own.
Last edited by chosenone58 on 03 Jan 2022, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Agent

Post by Agent » 03 Jan 2022, 23:32

Salute to that man :bowdown:

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 04 Jan 2022, 17:10

Congrats!! The Sawse Bawse on top!