Weathering the Storm.

This is where to post any MLB or other baseball franchises.

Agent

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Agent » 05 Oct 2021, 09:54

Copping a Tigers cap now

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 10:38

Sano, Twins rock rookie pitcher McWilliams in the second inning to beat Tigers
June 23, 2023 - #DETvMIN
Target Field — Minneapolis, Minnesota

---------------------------
DET | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 || 2 | 10 | 1
MIN| 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | X || 3 | 9 | 1

Detroit Tigers (26-47)
Nick Ames: 2-4, RBI
Riley Greene: 1-4, 2B, R
Travis Demeritte: 1-4, 2B

Brandon McWilliams Jr. (L, 1-2): 4.1 IP, 6 H, 2 SO, 3 ER, 2 BB

Minnesota Twins (38-36)
Miguel Sano: 1-3, HR, RBI, R
Jake Cave: 2-3, R
Tommy Edman: 3-3

Domingo Blanco (W, 1-8): 5.2 IP, 4 H, 2 SO, 0 ER, 1 BB
Sam Tuivailala (S, 9): 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 SO, 0 ER, 0 BB

Next Start: vs. Minnesota Twins (38-36)

Last edited by Soapy on 05 Oct 2021, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 10:39

Agent wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 09:54
Copping a Tigers cap now
gang related.

Captain Canada

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Captain Canada » 05 Oct 2021, 11:14

This team is absolute ass.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 15:04

Captain Canada wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 11:14
This team is absolute ass.
swam summer ass at that

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 15:36

McWilliams pitches seven shutout innings, gets revenge on Sano, Twins for first win as starter
June 27, 2023 - #MINvDET
Comerica Park — Detroit, Michigan

MIN | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 0 | 6 | 0
DET| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | X || 2 | 10 | 0

Minnesota Twins (41-38)
Eddie Rosario: 2-3, 2B
LaMonte Wade Jr.: 2-4
Miguel Sano: 0-4, 3 SO

Domingo Blanco (L, 1-9): 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 SO, 1 ER, 0 BB

Detroit Tigers (29-51)
Christin Stewart: 1-4, HB, RBI, R
Daz Cameron: 2-3
Isaac Paredes: 3-4, SO
Nick Ames: 2-3, R

Brandon McWilliams Jr. (W, 2-2): 7.0 IP, 5 H, 8 SO, 0 ER, 0 BB
Joe Jimenez (S, 18): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 SO, 0 ER, 00 BB

Next Start: vs. Texas Rangers (30-49)

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 16:02

In a battle between basement dweller, Rangers get the jump on the Tigers behind Tejeda home run
July 2, 2023 - #TEXvDET

TEX | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 || 2 | 7 | 0
DET| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 0 | 7 | 0

Texas Rangers (33-51)
Anderson Tejeda: 2-3, HR, 2B, RBI, 2 R
Ronald Guzman: 2-4, 2B, RBI
Chris Sylvester: 1-4, BB, SO

Yohander Mendez (W, 6-6): 7.0 IP, 5 H, 12 SO, 0 ER, 2 BB
Brett Martin (S, 9): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 SO, 0 ER, 1 BB

Detroit Tigers (30-55)
Jorge Alfaro: 4-4, 3B
Jack Mayfield: 1-3, BB, SO

Brandon McWilliams Jr. (L, 2-3): 6.1 IP, 5 H, 5 SO, 1 ER, 0 BB

Next Start: @ Los Angeles Angels (51-34)

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 21:46

Detroit's McWilliams survives bases loaded, no outs situation in 4th to beat Angels
July 8, 2023 - #DETvLAA
Angel Stadium of Anaheim — Anaheim, California

DET | 0 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 || 6 | 11 | 0
LAA| 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 1 | 6 | 0

Detroit Tigers (32-58)
J.J. Bleday: 2-4, HR, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R
Jorge Alfaro: 3-4, HR, 2B, RBI, 2 R
Jazz Chisholm: 2-5, RBI, R
Travis Demeritte: 1-4, 2B, RBI

Brandon McWilliams Jr. (W, 3-3): 7.2 IP, 6 H, 4 SO, 1 ER, 0 BB

Los Angeles Angels (52-38)
Matt Thaiss: 2-4, HR, RBI, R, 2 SO
Mike Trout: 1-4
Anthony Rendon: 1-4
Shohei Ohtani: 1-3, SO

Brent Honeywell Jr. (L, 3-9): 4.2 IP, 10 H, 6 SO, 5 ER, 0 BB

Next Start: vs. Milwaukee Brewers (52-39)

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 22:41

Tigers struggles continue at home as Brewers winning streak is alive and well
July 12, 2023 - #MILvDET

MIL | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 5 | 10 | 0
DET| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 || 1 | 9 | 0

Milwaukee Brewers (54-39)
Omar Navarez: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
Maikel Franco: 2-3, 2 2B, RBI
Keston Hiura: 2-4, 2B, 2 R
Christian Yelich: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI

Eric Lauer (W, 10-3): 6.0 IP, 6 H, 7 SO, 1 ER, 4 BB

Detroit Tigers (33-60)
J.J. Bleday: 1-3, HR, RBI, R
Ray Rivas: 2-3, 2B
Jack Mayfield 2-4, BB
Nick Ames: 1-3, BB, SO

Brandon McWilliams Jr. (L, 3-4): 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 SO, 3 ER, 0 BB

Next Start: All-Star Break

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 05 Oct 2021, 23:26

A Disturbance in Room 318

"What are you doing?" Angie sucked her teeth as she grabbed the frying pan from Storm.

She opened one cabinet after another before running out of patience, "You don't have any empty containers or nothing?"

"We've literally just broken this house in," Storm smirked.

"Well," she sighed, "When you get one, throw the rest of this oil down there or right before you take out the trash, you can try dumping it there but it might leak through the bag."

"I've always done it down the sink," Storm shrugged, grabbing some paper towels to clean his hands, "Never had no issues."

"For now," Angie corrected him, "That stuff messes up the plumbing or....whatever, just don't do it."

"I guess I never stuck around when you used to cook wings for us," Storm leaned against the kitchen counter, "That shit was good as hell but would have me too full to, you know finish the night."

"I guess so," she averted his eyes as she grabbed ahold of her purse.

"Come on," Storm went to reach for her wrist but she evaded his grasp, "If you're not going to be at my thing tonight, at least let's play house for a bit longer."

"I'll get out your hair," she shut him down, "If I'm lucky, I can probably be back on my side early enough to avoid the traffic."

"Or you could avoid that altogether," Storm suggested, "I'm just saying, it's not like we're going to go crazy or anything, probably end up staying here all night, maybe hit the city for an hour or two but might not even do that."

"I'm just....good on all that," Angie's words drew a groan from Storm, "They're your friends for a reason, not saying I got an issue with them or anything but it's just not my scene, you know that."

"What was the excuse for LA then?"

"I don't need an excuse," Angie scoffed, "I'm a grown ass woman, not everyone can just drop what they're doing at a drop of a hat to come sit in a hotel room, waiting for you."

Storm paused for a moment, unsure if her comment was hyperbolic in nature or a well informed -- too informed for his comfort -- jab. He decided to roll with the former and let it slide. After all, Angie didn't know anyone in New York and it was almost two months ago, she wouldn't have sat on it for that long.

"I'm just saying," Storm held his hands up, "If it ain't this, it's that and if it ain't that, it's this. Obviously, shit ain't ideal but a lot of things could change in the next few months, like a lot. If you got a problem with the flyouts, maybe I can get you a sp..."

"What are you even talking about?"

"We could do this for real," Storm pleaded, "Like some real shit, not no fly by the pants, I see you when I see you type of shit."

"The opportunity for that came and went," Angie shook her head with a wry smile, "If I recall, you made an executive decision on that."

Storm opened his mouth but when the words for a rebuttal evaded him, he closed them. Whenever this particular conversation would come up from now and then, she had the big Joker and there was nothing he could do. It was the third rail in their relationship and she wasn't shy about laying it down, derailing the entire conversation and stopping it in its tracks.

"I guess you're right then," Storm scratched his brow, looking down at the hardwood floors.

"I am," she said before exiting the apartment, leaving Storm by his lonesome in a hollowed apartment.

"You need to get your ass traded to the Braves or something!"

Eddie continued to marvel at Storm's high-rise apartment right in the heart of downtown Atlanta and rightfully so as the apartment put his modest, three-bedroom home in Sherwood Forest to shame. What is lacked in squared footage, it made it up in gaudiness with all-white interior and a view that oversaw the city of Atlanta, which, for a Monday night, was still pulsating.

"He'd be out of the league in a year," Donnie responded, taking a seat on the plush loveseat directly in front of the fireplace, "But I could get used to this."

"I picked the wrong sport," Eddie shook his head, "They're already talking about an extension and they sorry ass can't win a game."

"What we looking at?" Donnie asked Storm, who was beaming with pride as he sat on one of the high-tops in the kitchen, "This ain't no one year, one mil kind of spot."

"His offseason one at that too," Eddie added.

"We? We ain't looking at shit motherfucker," Storm teased, "But we're thinking seven, maybe seven and a half on the next re-up come December."

"Goddamn," Donnie laid back down, "I thought motherfuckers ain't get shit their first few years? That's why my ass stopped playing."

"Keep me away from playing with y'all," Storm explained, "It's the perfect ace, should have used it sooner."

"Well," Eddie put his hand on Storm's shoulder, "Don't go spending it all before it hits your account."

"I know your ass ain't talking," Storm flicked the iced out Cuban choker that rested on Eddie's neck, "Compliance office know about this?"

"It's a gift from my former quarterback if they ask," Eddie grinned, "Speaking of, when we heading out?"

"You're like the only one in this city who don't lead with that," she rubbed his chest, using her index finger to outline his relatively fresh ink.

"I don't know," Storm laughed, "It's kind of corny to me, especially if you on front street about it."

"It most definitely is," Drea joined in laughter, "It do be funny though when they try to like side it in there or have they homeboy bring it up on some 'remember that play' or talking about their coaches and shit."

"In their defense," Storm reasoned, "If that's what they got going for them, ain't no other way around it. With you, ain't no denying or missing what you got going on."

"What's that?" Drea sat up, flipping her hair out of her face to flash a big smile, knowing damn well the answer.

"For one," Storm pecked her on the lips, "It's them pretty ass lips, that smile and...."

"And what?"

"You know what it is," Storm let out a chuckle, "You can see it from the front, that's what they say now right?"

"I might have heard that phrase or something to that effect before," she couldn't get the smile off her face, which had been the case the entire night.

"It's also that accent and the way you talk," Storm continued to pour in the praises even though he had already crossed the goal-line, a couple times to be exact which left their hotel room in disarray.

"Boy," she pulled away, "You got a silver tongue, ain't nobody told you that before?"

"In more ways than one."

"I got to be careful with you," she joked, "You're going to have me ignoring all types of red flags about your ass."

"If you don't go looking for one," he started to position his body to get on top of her, "There won't be one."

Before he could begin the deed, the hotel phone started ringing. They tried to push through but after the third ring, his head emerged from under the sheets.

"Hello?"

"She's not going to press charges or anything like that..."

"Press charges? Man, that bitch!"

"Chill!" Storm commanded, causing Eddie to shake his head and start pacing up and down the sidewalk, "I'm sorry, you were saying?"

"She just wanted him out of the room," Drea continued, "Look, she ain't really used to....this, so she just panicked. I don't think she knew what it would cause."

"What exactly is she saying happened?" Storm asked which caused Drea to take a deep breath, "Eddie's good people, believe me on that and I'm sure she felt right to do what she did in that particular moment. I'm just trying to understand what you're girl talking about."

"Ask him," Drea pointed to Eddie, who was now all the way at the end of the block.

"I'm asking you," Storm countered back, "He said ain't nothing happen, she started tripping about some shit and tried to kick him out of the hotel room that I fucking paid for so yeah, he within his rights to not get out."

"If it's going to be like that," Drea took a step away from him but Storm grabbed her wrist.

"Look," Storm tried to compose himself, letting go of her, "I'm just asking, seriously. Ain't none of us know each other before tonight so yeah, some shit might have gotten taken out the wrong way....I'm just trying to make sure we're good."

"It was probably nothing," Drea sighed, "My girl Lex...she be sensitive some time."

"She was feeling on him all at the club," Storm added, "I really don't get what the fuck happened between now and then to call them peoples on my nigga."

"I know," Drea agreed, "She had too much to drink probably..."

Storm looked up through his eyebrows, causing Drea to rethink her words.

"Not like that," she corrected herself, "I'll talk to her, it's fine."

"Yeah," Storm nodded, "You go handle that."