Weathering the Storm.

This is where to post any MLB or other baseball franchises.

djp73

Weathering the Storm.

Post by djp73 » 25 Mar 2021, 15:35

Soapy wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:27
There might not be a better natural thrower of the football than Wilson in this class
ctrl c, ctrl p

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 25 Mar 2021, 15:56

Captain Canada wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:16
Stormi is buggin' :drose:
you win some, you lose some.

ask stormy daniels

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 25 Mar 2021, 15:56

djp73 wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:35
Soapy wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 15:27
There might not be a better natural thrower of the football than Wilson in this class
ctrl c, ctrl p
dont know what you're talking about?

djp73

Weathering the Storm.

Post by djp73 » 17 Jun 2021, 18:06

:curtain:

Agent

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Agent » 15 Sep 2021, 15:22

Image Image

Message for Storm.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 15 Sep 2021, 15:39

Agent wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 15:22
Image Image

Message for Storm.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 28 Sep 2021, 22:01

-----------------------------------------------
AUB (8-2, 5-1) | 0 | 7 | 0 | 14 || 21
UGA (5-5, 3-4) | 3 | 7 | 7 | 3 || 20

Scoring Summary
Quarter 1
[UGA] J. Podlesny, 33 Yd FG (3:01)

Quarter 2
[UGA] D. Blaylock, 3 Yd pass from C. Beck (2:50)
[AUB] J. Pegues, 22 Yd pass from S. McWilliams Jr. (1:30)

Quarter 3
[UGA] M. Jacksaint, 6 Yd pass from C. Beck (1:12)

Quarter 4
[AUB] E. Swain, 20 Yd pass from S. McWilliams Jr. (5:33)
[UGA] J. Podlesny, 21 Yd FG (3:38)
[AUB] D. Harper, 6 Yd pass from S. McWilliams Jr. (0:28)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Auburn Tigers
QB Storm McWilliams: 28 of 37, 324 yards, 3 touchdowns, sacked 4 times.
HB Tank Bigsby: 13 carries, 38 yards.
WR Eddie Swain: 8 receptions, 98 yards, touchdown.
WR Ze'vian Capers: 4 receptions, 57 yards.
WR Donnie Harper: 4 receptions, 44 yards, touchdown.
TE J.J. Pegues: 3 receptions, 39 yards, touchdown.
WR Caylin Newton: 3 receptions, 34 yards.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 28 Sep 2021, 22:11

Week 12 Top Stories
1. Michigan is still in shock after losing their first game of the season to unranked Indiana.
2. Alabama takes out conference opponent Mississippi State 24-17.
3. Baylor slips by Oklahoma 26-20 as two Top 10 teams collide.
4. All is well in Seattle as Huskies down Pac-12 rival Oregon State.
5. Penn State lifts its Big Ten record to 1-6 with a close win over Ohio State.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 12 SEC Results
AUB 21 - UGA 20 | VANDY 34 - UK 31 | MISS 45 - APP ST 14 | UF 38 - SCAR 14
ARK 49 - TCU 20 | LSU 52 - NEV 7 | TAMU 35 - CCAR 28 | ALA 24 - MSST 17
Week 13 SEC Schedule
Auburn (8-2, 5-1 at #3 LSU (9-1, 5-1)
Arkansas (5-5, 1-5) at Mississippi State (4-6, 1-5)
Kentucky (5-5, 2-4) at Georgia (5-5, 3-4)
Missouri (6-4, 3-4) at #4 Florida (9-1, 6-1)
#1 Alabama (10-0, 6-0) at Texas A&M (6-5, 3-4)
Tennessee (6-4, 3-3) at Vanderbilt (4-7, 3-4)
Week 13 Notable Games
#13 Michigan (9-1, 6-1) at #20 Iowa (8-2, 6-1)
#16 Virginia (8-2, 4-2) at #14 Miami (7-3, 4-2)
#6 North Carolina (9-1, 5-1) at #19 Pittsburgh (7-3, 5-1)
#9 Texas (7-2, 4-2) at #15 Oklahoma State (6-3, 3-3)
#18 Washington (7-2, 6-1) at #12 Oregon (8-2, 5-2)
#2 Baylor (8-1, 5-1) at #24 Iowa State (5-4, 3-3)
SEC Standings
SEC West
1. Alabama, 10-0, 6-0
2. LSU, 9-1, 5-1
3. Auburn, 8-2, 5-1
4. Texas A&M, 6-5, 3-4
5. Arkansas, 5-5, 1-5
6. Mississippi State, 4-6, 1-5
7. Ole Miss, 4-7, 1-6
------
SEC East
1. Florida, 9-1, 6-1
2. South Carolina, 5-6, 4-4
3. Tennessee, 6-4, 3-3
4. Missouri, 6-4, 3-4
5. Georgia, 5-5, 3-4
6. Vanderbilt, 4-7, 3-4
7. Kentucky, 5-5, 2-4

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 28 Sep 2021, 22:40

AUB (9-2, 6-1) | 0 | 7 | 7 | 14 || 28
LSU (9-2, 5-2) | 10 | 7 | 0 | 8 || 25

Scoring Summary
Quarter 1
[LSU] J. Emery Jr, 0 Yd run (3:15)
[LSU] C. York, 48 Yd FG (0:35)

Quarter 2
[LSU] J. Plumlee, 2 Yd run (3:32)
[AUB] J. Pegues, 13 Yd pass from S. McWilliams Jr (0:30)

Quarter 3
[AUB] Z. Capers, 16 Yd pass from S. McWilliams Jr (1:48)

Quarter 4
[AUB] T. Bigsby, 3 Yd run (5:03)
[AUB] T. Bigsby, 6 Yd run (0:54)
[LSU] K. Moore, 39 Yd pass from J. Plumlee -- 2pt (0:12)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Auburn Tigers
QB Storm McWilliams: 15 of 21, 177 yards, 2 touchdowns, sacked 2 times, 11 carries, 38 yards, fumble.
HB Tank Bigsby: 17 carries, 106 yards, 2 touchdowns, 4 receptions, 32 yards.
WR Ze'vian Capers: 3 receptions, 33 yards, touchdown.
WR Caylin Newton: 3 receptions, 30 yards.

Topic author
Soapy

Weathering the Storm.

Post by Soapy » 28 Sep 2021, 23:44

You Can Never Go Home

"You don't have to do all that.....get some rest, we'll be up there for the game anyway so we'll see you next week."

"It's no big deal," Storm looked around his room one last time before closing the door, taking his phone with him and the bag that laid at his feet, "We don't have to back until the afternoon tomorrow."

"You sure?" the voice on the other end of the phone responded back.

Storm thought about it some more. He had to be practically begged, dragged and submitted into going in the first place and here was his out but even without his mother's prodding, he did feel a bit guilty about being away from home for so long. It was too late now anyhow to have second thoughts after Angie had spent an extra day on campus just for him.

"Yeah," Storm finally responded, "Besides, Angie's going to be driving so it ain't no big deal."

"Alright," his dad sighed, "I'll see you soon, then. Drive safe."

As they pulled up into the familiar road that led into the cul-de-sac, Storm took out the earbuds that had shielded him -- partially -- from the conversations that Angie was having on the phone for seemingly the entire two and a half hour car ride there.

"You sure you don't want to come inside?" Storm asked her one more time as she pulled to a stop in front of the house, "My folks already know you dropping me off so it's not...."

"I'll stop by tomorrow morning when I pick you up," she cut him off, "I have like three dinners to hit tonight and Tracy's throwing a little something after too so...."

"I feel you," Storm nodded, grabbing his stuff from the backseat as he got out of the car, "Thanks, again. I'm a little low right now but...."

"Don't worry about it," she cracked a small smile, "I was going to have to drive down here anyway, you can hook it up with them free crab legs y'all be getting."

They exchanged pleasantries one last time before she pulled off, bringing Storm back to the old days even more as her grey Toyota Camry disappeared at the stop sign down the road. He was surprised that not only were there not several cars in the driveway but just the two that his parents drove and it wasn't even nine o'clock yet.

Storm took a deep breath as he walked up those steps and opened the door.

"Y'all win on Saturday," Brandon Sr. chuckled, "It's going to be a whole different ball game."

"How many times you going to mention that damn game?" Juliet sucked her teeth as she cleared the table while the men discussed football, as God intended some might say.

"It's the biggest game of his life," Brandon Sr. defended himself as he shot his wife a hard look, "It ain't no need to tip toe around it, he knows it, everybody knows it. I like coach Mike but if I was him, y'all boys would be on campus all week, I couldn't give a damn about no Thanksgiving."

"They got to go home too," Storm shrugged, "It's not like we're not working and they are, I don't even think they practiced today."

"They're undefeated," Brandon Sr. held his index finger up, "Y'all are not so I don't care what they're doing. You can't start slow like you did last week though, you missed your first five throws or something right?"

"I don't know if I missed them," Storm swayed his head from side to side, "Eddie slowed down on that go route where they blitzed, we had like two drops so we just all started slow but you're right, we can't have that against them boys."

"Be down 24-0 real quick," Brandon Sr. shook his head, "If y'all had won that Coastal Carolina game, this might be a one versus two type of a game. Goddamn it! It was a missed opportunity back then and a missed opportunity right now I tell you."

Juliet reappeared from the kitchen empty handed much to Storm's surprise. It was a relatively light spread this year with just the usual suspects of ham, mashed potatoes with baked mac and cheese. They skipped out on the turkey, the fried chicken, the cornbread and the works. He thought he would at least get to enjoy his mom's sweet potato pie but she appeared to be done for the day.

"If y'all ain't going to help me clean up," she side eyed her husband, "And I know y'all won't, y'all might as well take this outside and let me finish up in here."

"I can help out," Storm sat up but his mother quickly placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You go on out there with your father," she rubbed his shoulder, "I got this here."

It was a relatively quiet night, all things considered. When he was younger, this would be around the time that his mother would call him back inside. The sound of other kids still outside playing would tug at Storm as he reluctantly joined his family inside. Those feelings would fade once he sat next to his father in the living room in front of their television, watching the last game of the night. Storm would occasionally look at his father's cold glass of Crown Royal with a dash of Sprite, wondering what it tasted like as it mellowed out his father over the course of the game. His once high pitched complains at the television screen would fade into low murmurs before he'd inevitably pass out on the couch.

"You gave me a weak batch this year," Brandon Sr. sucked his teeth as he placed the glass cup down on the coaster in front of him, "This practically all soda water."

"I didn't want to knock you out, old man. I figured you'd want to watch the game," Storm responded, taking a sip of the drink himself, "I ain't going to hold you pops, this is a little weak."

"I ain't never lied to you," he laughed, "Now, like I was saying, I'd stay away from 9, he's a Sunday player but 29, Hellams? He can be got and he need to be got, no doubt about it."

"It don't matter if I don't got time," Storm replied, "I ain't scared or nothing but they've got some dudes up front, ain't no two ways about it."

"I'm sorry," Brandon Sr. sat up, "I should have named you 'Rain' or even better 'Light Showers'."

"I'm just saying Pops....."

"It don't need to be said," Brandon Sr. stood firm on his stance, "What happened against Coastal? It is what it is but if you want to play on Sundays, this is the type of game you need to win. You've got the numbers, they can't stiff you there. You've got the size, you've got the arm, you're the total package. What you don't have yet it is 'drop my nuts, drag them across the motherfucking field and let motherfuckers know I'm King Kong'. You don't got that and if I see it, they're going to see it too."

Storm wasn't a stranger to tough coaching from his dad but this was different. While his father was right and he didn't need him to remind him that going up against No. 1 Alabama was the biggest game of his career, he was relentless about it all day, it was the only thing coming out of his mouth all night. He couldn't chalk it up to the Crown either as he was as sober as a rabbi.

"I hear you."

That was all Storm could muster as they continued to sit in the silence of the night with the occasional sound of Brandon Sr. grunting forward and grabbing his drink.

"You should get some sleep," Brandon Sr. said with a low tone, "What time that girl picking you up?"

"Angie is going to be here around nine," Storm replied as he got up, "You good out here?"

"Yeah, boy. Your old man is straight."

Storm placed his hand on his father's shoulder before leaning in and kissing him on his forehead. He felt warm as the Crown, over time, started to have its intended effect. It was a cool Georgia night but the lantern in the patio kept it heated for this time of the year.

He looked at his phone as he headed inside, unsure if he was really going to bed. He had been texting Angie throughout the night but things died down for the past thirty minutes or so. It was a bit late in the night for a Hail Mary text to his other confidants from his high school days, some of which he hadn't seen since he transferred to Grayson.

"Y'all talked?" his mom was waiting for him at the bottom of the staircase.

"Yeah," Storm put his phone away, content to call it a night, "You know how he gets when he's drinking but yeah, we talked."

"He's drinking? What the hell? He got surgery tomorrow."

"Surgery?"

"I can't believe this shit," she sucked her teeth as she looked out through the patio screen door, "The whole time I'm thinking it's ginger ale or some shit."

"Surgery?"