Behind The Plate | Tsi's Road To The Show

This is where to post any MLB or other baseball franchises.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 17 Apr 2024, 19:49

Tsianina Jimenez Profile:

Name: Tsianina "Tsi" Jimenez
Born: Indianapolis, IN
Birthday: August 22, 2029
Nationality: American
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 145 lbs
Bats: Right
Throws: Right

MLB Career Statistics:
2050 (SOM):

Years Pro: 1
Draft: New York Yankees, 9th Round Pick
Position: Catcher

MLB Career Highlights & Awards:

Baseball Career:
► Show Spoiler

Topic author
Agent

The New York Yankees select Tsianina Jimenez, the first woman drafted to the MLB, in the 9th round.

History has been made this evening as two women were drafted into Major League Baseball. Tsianina Jimenez, pronounced Cha-nee-nah or otherwise better known as Tsi (pronounced as Psy), has broken ground as the first female drafted to the MLB.

"It's an incredible honor to make history like this tonight & hopefully open the door for future women to play professional baseball as well.." an emotional Tsi told DS.net shortly after hearing her name called from the podium.

"I have to give all thanks to God & to my amazing family for supporting me.. My Dad, Tiny as you all know him, has always been my biggest fan.. It means so much that my entire family could be here with me tonight. My older sisters & brothers are so, so very busy with their own careers, & yet they all managed to show up tonight to see their sister to drafted by the Yankees.. I love New York!"

When asked about what it means to join the Yankees franchise, Jimenez didn't hold back her excitement.

"I'm joining the greatest franchise in baseball! I couldn't be more than excited to be selected by the Yankees. I have a chance to make a name for myself & doing it with New York on my shirt & the entire city behind my back is a dream come true.. I'm ready to get in the lab & hopefully be apart of winning a World Series with this team."

Jimenez played college softball for the Rutgers Scarlett Knights in Newark, just across the river from New York. She's the 4th child to sports legend, Tiny Jimenez, as well as the sister to two UFC' fighters, a WNBA superstar, & a boxing champion. Winning runs in the family so Yankee' fans have a lot to look forward with this draft selection.

Tsianina wasn't the only woman selected to the MLB tonight, as Mia Lewis, a former college pitcher for the UCLA Bruins was selected in the 10th round to the Philadelphia Phillies.

It was a big night for these ladies as their baseball' careers are just getting started.

Topic author
Agent

Yankees assign 9th round pick, Tsianina Jimenez, to Double-A affiliate, Somerset Patriots, for development.

While fans are extremely excited to witness the first females play professionally in baseball, they'll have to wait a while before Tsi is actually on the Yankees' official roster.

It was announced today that she will be playing catcher for the Double-A affiliate to NY, the Somerset Patriots in the MiLB.

They will begin a 3-game series against the Richmond Flying Squirrels to start the minor league season & Tsianina is expected to be the starting catcher for pitcher Zach Messinger.

The TD Ballpark in Township, New Jersey, has already announced it's first sellout crowd since the Patriots' opening day in 1999. They're prepared for a lot of eyes on Double-A baseball as the first woman drafted in the MLB will make her debut on April 5th.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Apr 2024, 15:06

You know them old heads losing their damn mind. This is an interesting concept and I'm interested to see how this goes for you.

James

Post by James » 20 Apr 2024, 13:35

I'm guessing RTTS forces another woman into the league as well for a storyline?

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 20 Apr 2024, 15:32

Captain Canada wrote:
18 Apr 2024, 15:06
You know them old heads losing their damn mind. This is an interesting concept and I'm interested to see how this goes for you.
Old heads salty. This isn't the USA they grew up in.
James wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 13:35
I'm guessing RTTS forces another woman into the league as well for a storyline?
:yep: she's your friend for now. I'm sure it'll switch up eventually but I'm not sure :shrug:

Topic author
Agent

Messinger Takes The Loss After Surrending 6 Of 9 Runs Against The Flying Squirrels
Regular Season Game 1: Apr. 5 - TD Bank Ballpark, Township, NJ

Image @ Image

RIC | 9 | 16 | 0
SOM | 2 | 6 | 0

Tsianina gets herself on the board in the bottom of the 6th with a double that lead to 2 runs for the Patriots.

Somerset Patriots' Top Performers:
Tsianina Jimenez: 1-4, 2B, 2RBI
Brandon Lockridge: 2-3, R
Caleb Durbin: 1-4, R
Spencer Henson: 1-3
--
Zach Messinger: IP 1.1, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 K (L, 0-1)
Justin Lange: IP 2.2, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 K
Sean Boyle: IP 3.0, 4 H, 2 BB, 4 K
Zach Greene: IP 2.0, 1 BB, 3 K

Richmond Flying Squirrels' Top Performers:
Brett Auerbach: 2-5, HR, 3B, 4 RBI, R
Brandon Martorano: 3-5, HR, 2 RBI, R
Luis Toribio: 3-5, HR, 2 RBI, R
Ismael Munguia: 2-5, HR, RBI, R
--
Carson Whisenhunt: IP 7.1, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (W, 1-0)
Tyler Myrick: IP 1.2, 1 K

Patriots' Current Record:
0-1

Topic author
Agent

Post-Game Highlight Reel:

Locked in for her professional debut.

First at bat.

First runner tagged out heading for home plate.

First hit put Jimenez on 2nd base with 2 runs batted in.

James

Post by James » 20 Apr 2024, 16:00

Getting a hit in the first game takes the pressure off for sure. Are you going to post every game?

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 21 Apr 2024, 18:23

Smoked that shit on her first hit. Good shit so far.