Manifest Destiny | The Managing Career Of Lukas Washington (FM20)

This is where to post any soccer franchises.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Jan 2020, 18:28

Cobh sign two more as July transfer window closes

Washington's Notes: Got two more promising players in right before the window closed. Nolan fits nicely with the way we want to play and fills a need at the left wing. Look for him to enter the starting lineup immediately. Rogers was brought on as more of a rotational prospect, given that Fleming is one of the better players on the team - but because Rogers signed a non-contract and was out of football for a while, I think that he's very good signing indeed. I was surprised with how much talent is out there for free, but hey, I'll take it for sure - the guy has a lot of talent! Hope they can leave their mark as the season begins to wind down here.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Jan 2020, 18:30

Mocks wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 18:23
You're already too good for this league and club.
I'd like to think so, but my lack of experience and qualifications says otherwise. Thankfully, I got the board to fund a coaching class so my stats and reputation should improve.
Also, got very lucky the past two games. The only stat we did well with is actually converting goals - the most important stat, to be sure, but not one I'm putting a lot of faith in

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Jan 2020, 19:03

Washington wins manager of the month award

Washington's Notes: Oh wow, this is crazy! Two games managed and I've already got an award. I don't really know what to think except for that I'm very grateful to be recognized. Hopefully it's the first of many more to come, but first, I need to prepare for our next match against Drogheda United

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 19 Jan 2020, 05:11

Cobh claims second straight win over league's top 4, defeating Drogheda United 0-2 on the road!

Washington's Notes: The dream start to my career continues, and I'm not quite sure how we're pulling it off. For the second straight game, the other team had over 20 chances and struggled with converting - at least this team, my defenders looked the part in disrupting the game. I swear they must get into opponents heads somehow, given the multitude of missed shots and fouls by opposing teams. It's ugly, but it's worked quite well for us thus far. Connor Ellis really thrived and took on the pressure of covering for Brian Murphy after Murphy was hurt early in the game. Murphy damaged his knee cartilage pretty severely, putting him out for the rest of the campaign. Hopefully Ellis and youngster Cian Leonard can continue to pick up the slack as well as staying healthy and rested - after all, the transfer window just ended and this injury ate up thin depth we have at forward. Might have consider going to a 1 striker formation, just for the players' sake. On a more positive note, Mylod picked up his first shutout today, and it couldn't have come at a better time. We're now only 5 points behind 4th place Longford with 7 games to go - looks like we may have more interesting things to play for beyond simply staying competitive this season. Just got to take everything one match at a time and hope things break our way.

James

Post by James » 19 Jan 2020, 08:29

22 shots to 8?

Did you just play a counter attacking game?

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 19 Jan 2020, 10:56

James wrote:
19 Jan 2020, 08:29
22 shots to 8?

Did you just play a counter attacking game?
In effect, yes. Which is something I’m trying to do, tactically.
But it was so ugly, oh my lord. Each highlight had like 5 possession changes. Ideally shots would be more even as we’d be able to create some chances of our own but my players can’t hit the broad side of a barn with a pass

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 21 Jan 2020, 03:06

Cobh suffers humiliating 6-0 to Wexford in worst game Washington's ever seen

Washington's Notes: Well, I knew the honeymoon period was going to end but this was ridiculous. It looked like everyone on my team forgot how to even play football. There was not a single positive thing about this game - the strikers seemed to be aiming for the post and crossbar instead of the net, the midfielders forgot how to pass and defend, and the defenders seemed to think that own goal was where they were trying score. The refs made it even worse by having 6 minutes of stoppage time when they declared only 3. I can't comprehend how we let the team in 8th place destroy us this badly. It honestly felt like everyone on both sides placed a bet on Wexford to win by a large margin. I'm going to need to cool off before I just cut everyone from the team and retire in shame. This was disgustingly absurd and we'll need to improve a lot to even have a shot against our lower division opponent in the FAI cup. At least we can only go up from here

James

Post by James » 21 Jan 2020, 21:16

What an ass kicking. Giving up 3 goals in the injury time? Better get Mourinho on that defense. If they don’t park the bus you gotta throw them under it.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 25 Jan 2020, 21:49

James wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 21:16
What an ass kicking. Giving up 3 goals in the injury time? Better get Mourinho on that defense. If they don’t park the bus you gotta throw them under it.
Lol for real that was aggravating A.F.
Unfortunately, throwing the players under the bus makes my life harder overall, so I'll have to hold my tongue

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 25 Jan 2020, 23:50

Ramblers get back to winning ways in FAI cup victory over Portmarnock

Washington's Notes: Well, looks like we managed get over the shellacking we had last time out. Still, the boys are all still in a gloomy mood after Wexford crushing us. To make matters worse, Charlie Fleming was hurt barely 5 minutes into this one. Really grateful to have signed Rogers before the window closed now - he was stellar in relief today. He had a particularly nice pass to set up Leonard's goal today and we could use that sort of play while Fleming recovers. We took care of business against a lower league squad and advance. I'm just hoping we can play more like we did today and less like against Wexford as we move forward. I was especially pleasing with how we *finally* won the possesion and shots battle, as well - made it easier for Mylod to have a bounce back performance today.

Last edited by Chillcavern on 26 Jan 2020, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.