Manifest Destiny | The Managing Career Of Lukas Washington (FM20)

This is where to post any soccer franchises.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 17 Jan 2020, 21:44

Cobh announce transfer of 22 year old forward Connor Ellis

Washington's Notes: Really surprised I was able to get Ellis on a free, to be honest. He was on an amateur contract at Ballynatty and I had to pick him up if possible. He's better than both of our current strikers, he's only 22 and unlike most poachers he actually has some skill up front. For now, he's going to slot into the target man position we have up front. Excited to have signed him.
Last edited by Chillcavern on 17 Jan 2020, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 17 Jan 2020, 21:47

James wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 19:43
Interesting tactic. I'll be curious to see how it plays out.
It's quite non-standard, I'm aware lol. I had some luck with it in both FM19 and my first save for FM20 so I'm hopeful. As a firm believer in fitting my tactic to my players and not the other way around, I'm open to changes as things progress

Mocks

Post by Mocks » 17 Jan 2020, 22:02

Good luck fam.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 17 Jan 2020, 22:35

Cobh annouce loan of Cork City's Alec Byrne

Washington's Notes: Adding our second new starter before I even coach my first game - this has been an intense window so far! I wanted to sign Byrne but as he's under contract until the end of November Cork would've had him through the end of the season so the plan for now is to have him on loan until the end of the season and - fingers crossed - sign him on a free after his contract runs out with Cork. He's a talented and versatile player - while he's more suited for attacking, he also shows well as a Ball WInning Midfielder so that's where he'll be to start while Hurley recovers.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 17 Jan 2020, 22:39

Mocks wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 22:02
Good luck fam.
Mocks comment :blessed:

Thanks fam

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 17 Jan 2020, 23:29

Ramblers win Washington's first game in charge behind Brian Murphy hat trick!

Washington's Notes: Wow, what an exciting first game! My strikers really did some damage, especially Murphy. Both picking up a goal and an assist is a very encouraging sign! It was very satisfying to be firing on all cylinders on the attack from the get-go. Defense performed admirably, despite conceding twice. Mylod performed spectacularly with 7 saves. Hard to hold up on defense all game when the other team takes 21 shots and wins the possession battle - something we need to work on, it's not something I like to see at all! It's a good thing our attackers were on fire this game
Last edited by Chillcavern on 18 Jan 2020, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

James

Post by James » 18 Jan 2020, 09:10

That ref really liked his yellow card. Almost had as many as you had goals.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Jan 2020, 12:43

James wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 09:10
That ref really liked his yellow card. Almost had as many as you had goals.
There were more bookings than goals counting Limerick as well :camdead:
Proper shithousing in this one

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Jan 2020, 13:34

Ramblers defense holds strong as they manage to upset Galway United 2-1 at St Colman's Park!

Washington's Notes: Wow, really surprised by how well my boys have come out and played for me in my first couple games in charge! We just beat a Galway team that had about twice as many points as us heading into the match, and we did it behind a strong defensive showing (more surprisingly, not with a good showing from the defenders either). Galway had trouble setting up on attack all night and we made the most of our chances. Box to box midfielder Greg Henry really had a strong showing today - he's really thrived in the role the past couple of games, which has been a very pleasant surprise. Murphy continued his recent strong form as well, netting for the second straight game. With more total bookings in this one than goals, we've turned into a proper shithouse team, it seems - which was not my intention but it seems my players really enjoy it. Well, as long as we get results, I won't mind. Just wish we could actually win the possession battle and get more shots since I'm dubious of the prospect of our finishing quality remaining this good

Mocks

Post by Mocks » 18 Jan 2020, 18:23

You're already too good for this league and club.