Storming The Globe (FM 20)

This is where to post any soccer franchises.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Feb 2020, 00:35

Storming the Globe

Game: Football Manager 20 (Full Version)
Game Setup: Journeyman Career (starting with no badges and Sunday League experience)
Start Date: June 26th, 2019 (English Early 2019 Pre-Season)
Leagues Loaded:All Default, Gibraltar and Canada DLCs, and custom Japan (loaded through JFL), New Zealand, and Egypt (loaded through Division 2)
Database Size:Large with all international players and players from continental competitions loaded
Currency: US Dollars
Salary: Yearly
Last edited by Chillcavern on 02 Feb 2020, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Feb 2020, 00:36

Rules:
  • Must start unemployed
  • Cannot start in Egypt or Japan (databases come too unloaded and if I populate everyone with managers, there's no openings to apply to at the start so instead I'll give the game a couple of years to do it's thing and populate naturally)
  • When changing jobs, must move laterally or move up in club prestige if successful at last job and down in prestige if sacked

Goals:
  • Obtain every coaching badge
  • Manage at least one "favorite" team
  • Reach 5 star reputation
  • Become Inducted into American manager Hall of Fame and reach the top spot
  • Win every continental confederation's Champion's League (UEFA, CONMEBAL, AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, OFC)
  • Win the FIFA Club World Cup
  • Win the FIFA World Cup as manager of a national team
  • Win the 4 Global Manager awards
Modlist:
Last edited by Chillcavern on 02 Feb 2020, 03:39, edited 5 times in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Name: Patrick Storm
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 210 lbs
Birthdate: 4/20/1999
Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
Nationality: American / German
Languages Spoken: English (Fluent), Spanish (Fluent), German (Fluent), Chinese (Fluent), Japanese (Fluent), Portuguese (Fluent)
Favorite Teams: NY Red Bulls (USA), RB Leipzig (Germany), FC Red Bull Salzburg (Austria), Red Bull Bragantino (Brazil)
Past Playing Experience: Sunday League Player
Starting Coaching Badges: None

Team History:
TenureTeamCountryLeague(s)Record (Overall)Honors
6/30/19 - PresentSarawakMalaysiaLiga Premier Malaysia0-0-0

Seasonal History:
SeasonTeamCountryLeagueLeague RecordPointsLeague PositionContinental RecordContinental ResultCup Record(s)Cup Result(s)Honors
2019SarawakMalaysiaLiga Premier Malaysia8-3-7276thN/AN/A0-0-1 (Piala FA Malaysia)Knocked Out 2nd Round (Piala FA Malaysia)
Last edited by Chillcavern on 24 Mar 2020, 13:15, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Storm Player Hall of Fame

PlayerTeamYearsStatsAwards
Last edited by Chillcavern on 02 Feb 2020, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Storm Coaching Records

Player Single Game:
RecordValuePlayerTeamOpponentDate
Goals
Assists
Saves
Rating
Player Single Season:
RecordValuePlayerTeamYear
Goals
Assists
Appearances
Average Rating
Saves
Clean Sheets
Player of the Match
Yellow Cards
Red Cards
Player Career under Storm:
RecordValuePlayerTeam(s)Years under Storm
Goals
Assists
Appearances
Average Rating
Saves
Clean Sheets
Player of the Match
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Coaching Records:
RecordValueTeamCountryLeagueYear
Most Wins
Most Draws
Most Losses
Most Points
Most Trophies
Goals (game)
Goals (season)
Allowed (season)
Margin of Victory
Margin of Defeat
Goal Differential
Win Streak
Unbeaten Streak
Highest Player Value
Largest Salary
Largest Transfer Fee (Paid)
Largest Transfer Fee (Sold)
Last edited by Chillcavern on 02 Feb 2020, 03:36, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Feb 2020, 00:38

Y'all can post now. The drive with my last chise suddenly failed (at only 9 months old too :rip:) and the save is lost so I'm starting a new chise now that I've got FM setup again. I'll be regularly backing this one up too - learned my lesson!

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Feb 2020, 12:50

Manager Introduction

Hey everyone, Patrick Storm here. Just a typical 20 year New Yorker here. Except not really, at all. My friends all laughed at me when I said I wanted manage professional soccer for a living. They said I had no chance at being successful. I know they meant well - after all, Americans aren't big on soccer but it's always been my preferred form of football. Must've been the influence of my German father, who loved to take me to Red Bulls games as a child. Given that he fled from East Germany and kept running until he hit the other side of the Atlantic, I don't blame him for seeking comfort in sports - and it's even less surprising that he chose soccer. Don't get me wrong, we attended games of all kinds - I've been to the Garden to watch the Knicks, we saw the Subway series in both the Bronx and Queens, and we even went to the Meadowlands for American football teams as well as soccer. But we always went to Red bulls games the most, and they'll always be my favorite squad. So, of course, I root for the whole Red Bull club system - I view them all as a sort of familial unit. Of course, I know this is naive - they're a large company, after all, and they care more about profit than anything else. But given the rampant corruption and questionable ethics of owners of big clubs, I don't mind Red Bull too much.

Due to the very multicultural neighborhood I grew up in, I picked up bits of several languages. I only redoubled my efforts when I decided I wanted to pursue a career in association football - though I'm not too proud to admit that I learned Japanese to watch anime as a kid. I've never been very athletic, despite my height - I'm just not very coordinated. Don't get me wrong, I played several sports as a kid. The thing is, I often participated as more of a coaching figure anyway - when I played, the main benefit I brought to the team was being like a coach in the game. Given this experience, I feel as I'm much more likely to succeed as a manager than as a player.

I know I'm very young for beginning a managing career, but I always figured that one shouldn't delay pursuing their passion. Plus, It'll get my mom off my back - ever since I graduated high school, she's been complaining that all I do is study languages and watch soccer all day long when I'm not working a service job to make a little money. Given that, I might as well try to get paid doing what I love. It's going to be hard starting out though - in retrospect, I probably should've used the past couple of years to try to save up and take a coaching license class. After all, moving internationally isn't cheap and whats a couple more hundred on top? At least my parents let me live at home while I was saving up these past couple years.

Given my lack of experience, all I have is ideas that have yet to be tested by actual results. I know nothing of the actual intricate workings of a club - but I am willing to learn! A benefit of my young age is that a lot of youth prospects are around my age, so I'll be able to communicate with them and get my ideas across. Whether they listen or not is another thing entirely, but at least I'll have an idea of how my players feel. Still, it's going to be a big jump from being a player-manager in a local league to actually managing a club. I'll definitely have to put in a lot of work if I want to be successful.

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Feb 2020, 16:53

First Interviews Offered

Storm's Thoughts: Quite a wide range of job interviews here. Most of them sound pretty intriguing. I don't know about Cobh though - that club gives me weird, career-deleting vibes. So hopefully one of the other 12 clubs offers me a job, provided that the interview goes well enough. I'm totally not avoiding one to not have 13 interviews. Nope. No way

Topic author
Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 23 Mar 2020, 19:52

Storm hired as manager of Sarawak

Storm's Thoughts: Honored to be hired by Sarawak, honestly. It'll be very interesting managing a Malaysian team - as I don't know much about the area - it'll be an eye-opening experience to immerse myself in a culture I honestly don't know much about. Given that it's my first job, managing a team with a stadium that holds up to 40,000 spectators is a dream come true. Hopefully we can turn around this recent rough patch
Last edited by Chillcavern on 24 Mar 2020, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

James

Post by James » 23 Mar 2020, 20:50

He's back! Malaysia seems interesting.

How was the first day of online teaching?