The Legend Of Tyson | WWE 2k24 Career

This is where to post any franchises from sports not listed above.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 17 Mar 2024, 19:51

The Legend of Tyson.

In 2022, the WWE named Tyson, one of the greatest names in wrestling history, to the 2023 WWE' Hall of Fame class.

On March 31st, Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta, Stacy Kiebler, & Tyson, along with the late Andy Kaufman, were to be etched in stone among WWE Hall of Fame greats.

But to truly understand who Tyson was & what he meant to the wrestling community, we have to start at the beginning. This is the story of one of wrestling's greatest pioneers, & his contribution to where the sport has evolved today.

This documentary series follows the career of Tyson & will feature excerpts from his 2023 Hall of Fame speech. So without further adieu, let's turn it over to the man of the hour:

(Hall of Fame acceptance speech)

"What an ovation! Mans is elated with joy. Thanks to everybody who made this all possible. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for those talented men & women along the way. So I would like to first give my thanks to them, as over da years, they molded me to become the man I am today, yeah. I am a testimony, that a young boy from Souf' Africa, who moved as a child during Apartheid to be raised in the streets of London, can make a difference in this world & inspire the masses n' that. But my career came with many twists & turns, yeah.. But it all ended up here, in the WWE Hall of Fame."

Tyson's wrestling career did exactly that. Taking many twists & turns. It allowed him to grow as a talent as after a promising start in his teenage years, an 18-year old Tyson moved to the United States after signing his first professional wrestling contract with the WWF in 1987.

1987 was just the beginning, however, as social media didn't exist then. It would be up to the 18-year old Tyson with his strong London' accent to make his mark among his colleagues to earn the respect he deserved.

& earn it, he did.

Topic author
Agent

Story Archives:
Last edited by Agent on 17 Mar 2024, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Agent

Misc.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 18 Mar 2024, 09:32

:lbjooo:

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Mar 2024, 11:52

Though I'm not really into WWE, I'm always down for an Agent project. I'll be following along as best as I can brodie :blessed:

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 20 Mar 2024, 19:01

The WWF In 1987.

In 1987, the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) experienced significant developments alongside the rise of hip hop, including the emergence of influential artists like Eric B. & Rakim.

WrestleMania III: Held on March 29, 1987, at the Pontiac Silverdome in Michigan, WrestleMania III was a landmark event in WWF history. The main event featured Hulk Hogan defending his WWF Championship against Andre the Giant in front of a record-breaking attendance of over 93,000 fans. Hogan emerged victorious in an iconic match.

Rise of "Macho Man" Randy Savage: Throughout the year, Randy Savage continued to establish himself as one of the top stars in the WWF. He won the Intercontinental Championship by defeating Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in a legendary match at WrestleMania III, solidifying his status as a major player in the company.

The Mega Powers: Following WrestleMania III, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage formed a tag team known as "The Mega Powers." Their alliance became a dominant force in the WWF, with Hogan as the WWF Champion and Savage as the Intercontinental Champion.

Feuds and Storylines: Several notable feuds and storylines developed throughout the year, including the ongoing rivalry between Hogan and "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, as well as the emergence of the "Hart Foundation" tag team, comprised of Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart.

Expansion and Popularity: The WWF continued to expand its reach and popularity, with live events drawing large crowds across the United States. The promotion also continued to attract mainstream attention, further solidifying its position as the dominant force in professional wrestling during the 1980s.

Cultural Shift: During the '87 year, only 7 black wrestlers were on the roster at the time, including Junkyard Dog, Kamala, Butch Reed, Slick, Virgil, S.D. Jones, & Koko B. Ware. The signing of Tyson made it 8, but his impact on the wrestling culture would have an immediate impact as he introduced a more hip-hop themed persona to a primarily white audience in the 80's.

Overall, 1987 was a pivotal year for the WWF, marked by memorable moments, iconic matches, and the continued rise of legendary wrestlers like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, and others. 5 years into the purchase of the WWF, Vince McMahon found himself & his company surging to the top.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 20 Mar 2024, 19:01

1987 - Professional Wrestling Debut.

A newly signed 18-year old Tyson was ready to make his impact as soon as possible joining the WWF. Two weeks later, the matchmakers were going to have him debut against "Superstar" Billy Graham, who was on his third run with the promotion. Despite battling injuries, the WWF was hopeful that the once heavyweight champion of the world & current fan-favorite would be ready to make another championship push in the company.

As a packed out audience in 1987 at the War Memorial arena in Syracuse, NY were ready to see the "Superstar" Billy Graham in action, they would find themselves treated to something new. Syracuse was about to witness the debut of one of the companies future superstars for years to come... The Young Gun from London known as Tyson.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 20 Mar 2024, 20:27

One-On-One Match: Billy Graham vs. Tyson
WWF's Saturday Night Main Event: Nov. 7, 1987 - War Memorial, Syracuse, NY

The 18-year old Tyson was greeted to roar of boo's as the newcomer was set to make his debut among a WWF crowd favorite.

Syracuse, NY erupted for 'The Superstar' Billy Graham as rumors swirled if this would be Graham's last match of his wrestling career.

The match started as Graham secured his finishing submission hold, the bear hug, that saw Tyson struggling to break free from his clutches.

After surviving the submission, it was time for Tyson to go on the offensive as he reigned down repeated punches to the face of Billy Graham.

Once the fight spilled outside the ring, Tyson was the first competitor back in before the 10-count & won over the crowd with his signature dance move.

The fight didn't last much longer as 'The Superstar' Billy Graham wrapped up Tyson in another bear hug that forced the tap-out to earn the win.

Graham took the microphone shortly after the win & announced his retirement to the crowd in attendance. Tyson's debut was against one of WWF's all-time legends.

Winner: Billy Graham via Submission.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 20 Mar 2024, 20:29

djp73 wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 09:32
:lbjooo:
Captain Canada wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 11:52
Though I'm not really into WWE, I'm always down for an Agent project. I'll be following along as best as I can brodie :blessed:
Appreciate that brodie. Hopefully I'm able to do some decent story telling in here. Get a lil attention to the Other Sports Section :bowdown:

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 21 Mar 2024, 10:06

Damn, really let that old man whoop you like that in the debut :curtain: