Hit For Six | Don Bradman Cricket

This is where to post any franchises from sports not listed above.

Topic author
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » 14 Dec 2018, 18:49

Pro-40 Match Review

Jones, Caught Out for 47 (29), Bowled 2 overs for 13 runs, 1 wicket: This was much more like the Dizzy Jones that we were promised coming out of the youth program. Jones started off the day as a surprise relief bowler and managed to catch Carberry out with a slow ball for his very first delivery, claiming his first ever wicket. Jones is not likely to bowl in first class test matches but in limited overs he could prove a useful option for an over or two. With the bat Jones looked a lot more assured than in his first game, using the limited overs platform to really swing for the fences. Jones was aggressive, hitting a number of big boundaries including an outrageous lifted shot for 6. He was caught out after being edged behind on a ball with a wicked cross wicket movement. Jones went to clip the ball to the leg side but the ball simply wasn't there anymore and it sailed easily into the wicket keeper's gloves. Still a very promising outing for the youngster and something to build on.

Jones picked up his first ever senior wicket with his first ever senior bowl.
Jones hit some incredible shots in the game, including this huge 6.
A misjudged bowl was Jones' downfall as he was caught out just before his half-century.

Overall (Batting): The Glamorgan batsmen came oh so close but just fell short at the last hurdle, losing by only 8 runs. The biggest loss of the day was Wallace for 12 after a poor decision left him stranded. Cooke simply wasn't efficient and having Wallace for those balls could have been the difference between winning and losing. Wagg showed why he is one of the best batting bowlers in the English game with another standout performance and huge credit has to go to the youngster Jones, who threw everything he had at the chase. Kettleborough also performed really well but it was just that quiet period of Cooke and the start of Kettleborough that really slowed down the runs and caused the loss. Glamorgan should take heart that this was a much better performance than their last outing though. There is something to build on here.

Overall (Bowling): The bowling wasn't awful, limited overs is always a platform designed to put roadblocks in front of the fielding team, so Glamorgan can be relatively pleased with that. The 97 for Adams is problematic, but it is clear that Wagg struggled without the protection of a defensive field against more aggressive batting. Carberry eventually fell to Jones' first ball, which helped to stop a very dangerous partnership getting out of hand. Meschede, who has really struggled in the test game, found his style fit well and he was Glamorgan's best bowler on the night. Overall it was a good performance but there are definite areas for improvement going forwards in the limited overs platforms.

James

Post by James » 14 Dec 2018, 19:03

You got to bowl? :drose:

The presentation in this is awesome.

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 14 Dec 2018, 19:08

A couple of standout moments there for you!

A shame it wasn't enough for the win, but hey, at least it wasn't spin!

Topic author
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » 15 Dec 2018, 18:16

James wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 19:03
You got to bowl? :drose:

The presentation in this is awesome.
Yeah I am like the last bowling option if they run out of guys :lol:

Thanks, I'm loving having it back.
Chillcavern wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 19:08
A couple of standout moments there for you!

A shame it wasn't enough for the win, but hey, at least it wasn't spin!
Yeah some real highlights, a little annoyed that I got out before the 50 but oh well.

Topic author
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » 15 Dec 2018, 19:35

Pro-40 Match Review

Jones, Bowled LBW for 9 (13), Bowled 3 overs for 11 runs, 2 wickets: Glamorgan surprised everyone when they let Dizzy Jones bowl again but he did an incredible job with the ball in the limited time he was given. His first over was hit for 7, but that was still respectable with Cross and Mommsen on the crease. However it was his 2nd over that really caught everyone's attention. Jones managed a rare maiden over, always a benefit in the 40 over game, but he also tricked Cross with a low yorker on a full toss for a clean hit on the off stump. Then 2 balls later Jones was able to do it again, this time skidding the ball across the crease without a lot of bounce and taking out the middle stump. Whilst his lack of pace means he is not a sustainable bowling option it seems that Jones can really do a job in the relief role. He did suffer a bit with the bat today though, with the super defensive field set out by Scotland hampering his ability to hit cover drives it left him chasing singles and acting as a good foil for Bragg, who scored well. Jones mistimed a slow ball and it caught his pad clean in line for an easy leg before wicket decision.

Jones took the important wicket of cross with a sliding bowl to the off stump.
After getting the wicket for Cross, Jones managed to take Davey for a duck in the same over.
Jones just wasn't able to anticipate the flight of the ball and it struck him square in the pad for an LBW.

Overall (Batting): Glamorgan finally picked up their first win of the year and it turned out to be a fairly easy one with 16 balls still left to go. A lot of the praise for that has to go to Wallace and Ingram, who both put up huge numbers. Wallace especially looked incredible, falling only 3 runs short of a century while having to deal with a number of different partners as Jones, Cook and Kettleborough all fell early. Losing Ingram for 79 could have been a real problem but despite Meschede and Wagg both going for single figures it was simple enough for Wallace to get the remaining runs needed and all Cosker had to do was play some defensive shots and not get out. A nice win for the team and a good overall batting performance.

Overall (Bowling): Aside from the shock of seeing part-time bowler Rob Jones pick up 2 wickets in one over, the bowling performance was steady. Meschede continued his habit of losing a lot of runs chasing big wickets but this time it worked out, taking down Mommsen and Berrington. There was some worry when Coetzer and McLeod put up over a century partnership but they were taken out in consecutive overs by Wagg and Cosker. It's also really worth highlighting the work of Hogan in this match, while he might not have nabbed himself a wicket, he was the most consistent bowler on the day and finished with a decent economy. He was one of the big reasons that the batsmen were given a fairly easy target to chase and sometimes wickets aren't the most important thing a bowler can get.

James

Post by James » 15 Dec 2018, 19:40

First win :blessed:

Now to bat batter.

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 16 Dec 2018, 00:54

TFW you're bowling better than you're batting. Small sample size is fun, lol.

Hopefully you can at least break 50 here soon, the first win was a good breakthrough :baze:

Topic author
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » 19 Dec 2018, 10:00

James wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 19:40
First win :blessed:

Now to bat batter.
Yeah I really need to sort out my batting :lol:
Chillcavern wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 00:54
TFW you're bowling better than you're batting. Small sample size is fun, lol.

Hopefully you can at least break 50 here soon, the first win was a good breakthrough :baze:
I'm a better bowler than a batsman on the game, I should maybe have gone for a bowler for the chise but I was a batsman when I played cricket so I wanted to do that :shrug:

I'm hoping to improve my batting though, get it to the level of my bowling.