NBA Playoff Talk

Need a rant about one of your teams? Seen a goal that needs sharing? Was the referee a wanker? Talk all things sports here.

Topic author
mvp

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by mvp » 24 May 2021, 16:58

who u got winning it all?

i dont have time to watch all the games this first round, even tho its my favorite. so im keying in on the nets/celts series and lakers/suns.

idk if cp3 comes back to full health, and if he does, i still dont think the suns have any chance at surviving. i think lakers are just too good, and their depth is really underrated imo.

plus i think the lakeshow wins it all this year over bkn in 7 games.

Captain Canada

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by Captain Canada » 25 May 2021, 10:24

My gut says the Brooklyn Nets, my brain says the Lakers figure something out, but I wouldn't be mad at Miami making a run for it again.

Realistically: Nets over Lakers in 6.

Topic author
mvp

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by mvp » 25 May 2021, 13:01

Captain Canada wrote:
25 May 2021, 10:24
My gut says the Brooklyn Nets, my brain says the Lakers figure something out, but I wouldn't be mad at Miami making a run for it again.

Realistically: Nets over Lakers in 6.
idk why but i just dont like miami. i feel like they overachieved last year and just completely shit the bed. they just arent good enough to deserve the title imo.

im with u on LA. lebron is hard to bet against. looking forward to tonight. i feel like its gonna be one of those LBJ 30 point triple dub to tie the series type of night

kibaxx7

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by kibaxx7 » 31 May 2021, 11:08

So, Miami completely erased from the map. I don't think the Lakers can sustain the entire postseason without AD, we'll see.
× The Life and Times of Tanjiro Sakai ×
× Watching: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×

Captain Canada

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by Captain Canada » 31 May 2021, 13:08

spiderxx7 wrote:
31 May 2021, 11:08
So, Miami completely erased from the map. I don't think the Lakers can sustain the entire postseason without AD, we'll see.
If the Lakers lose AD, I think Phoenix takes it. The Lakers don't have enough resources without him and LeBron doesn't really have that Cleveland hero-ball trait anymore it feels like. I don't think this is going to be a serious injury though.

Topic author
mvp

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by mvp » 01 Jun 2021, 09:59

Captain Canada wrote:
31 May 2021, 13:08
spiderxx7 wrote:
31 May 2021, 11:08
If the Lakers lose AD, I think Phoenix takes it. The Lakers don't have enough resources without him and LeBron doesn't really have that Cleveland hero-ball trait anymore it feels like. I don't think this is going to be a serious injury though.
i have couple thoughts:

1. why arent the lakers playing montrezl and horton-tucker more? i feel like they energize the team so much and make some big plays. its not like the suns talent outmatches those two.

2. i feel like getting kcp back is a bigger deal than whats been made of it. with his defense added to schroder (who completely impressed me with his full court defense on cp3)... plus his three ball - with the shooters they already have. i think it opens up the floor for lebron to get back to his drive and kick days if LA uses their roster flexibility to go small. and allows their defense to hold its weight.

schroder, kcp, lbj, with gasol at center who matches up with ayton's size and can hit threes, and either morris/kuzma/caruso/matthews - that lineup is scary imo. u cant really bully ball when u have soft bigs (*cough* andre drummond *cough) and obviously without AD.

that last game was still close. lakers lost a few hustle plays complaining to the ref and missed some open threes. either way, this series has been super fun so far

Agent

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by Agent » 04 May 2022, 17:05

Grizzlies / Warriors series is already great! Even though they lost Payton, Iggy should be back soon, so I’m saying Warriors advance on.

Suns will make it past the Mavs no problem.

Bucks going to get bumped out the postseason by this Celtics’ squad.

Heat bout to sweep James Harden & co.

Im predicting a Heat / Warriors finals

Captain Canada

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by Captain Canada » 05 May 2022, 14:56

I'm hoping Memphis pulls off the upset and takes that step getting to the Conf. Finals. I can see a Suns/Heat finals personally.

Topic author
mvp

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by mvp » 05 May 2022, 15:22

I still don't understand how the Heat are so good. Just good, consistent team ball. Although I love Golden State, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the remaining four teams in the West make it to the finals. From the East, I kind of just want to see Embiid come back and have a Philly finals. All fun teams.

Shame on Miami's fair weather fanbase who doesn't even show up to playoff games without the big three :smh: Did you see all those empty seats on TV???

Agent

NBA Playoff Talk

Post by Agent » 05 May 2022, 16:13

Probably too expensive to go :lol: