Chasing State | A High School Dynasty

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 10 Dec 2021, 15:46

Game:BBCF
Mod: WV HS
Skills: 1-20
Overall: 1-10
Classes: CPU Generated

First time doing one of these in years, I was at the old DSS site many years ago. I don't even remember the username, but I remember a ton of your usernames. Really thought it completely died off until I saw it on reddit. Please be easy at first, very rusty, and I was never great at these to begin with. Not at all quite like your alls! I'm just doing it for fun.

The game is Bowl Bound College Football, I made a mod for every division. FBS, FCS, D2, then West Virginia High School football. How it will work is that it's all played out the same, except I don't touch recruiting. It's automated and the "Class" is your 9th grade class. We used to run a League as well with it, last 4-5 seasons, and it was a good time.

Keeping Track of the Dynasty will be here: Link

mvp

Post by mvp » 10 Dec 2021, 15:56

Looking pretty interesting

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 10 Dec 2021, 16:05

Pre-Season Top 10

A pretty standard issued top 10, no major surprises. The top 3 in the state are all in the same region, while they might eat other, they still should make the playoffs(Region Winners Auto Bid, Top 16 Make it). Martinsburg and Musselman hold up well on the Eastern Panhandle. They should have easy roads, outside of Sherando sitting in at 10. The three top Charleston schools; Capital, South Charleston, and George Washington round out the Top 10. One of those will not make the playoffs this year, just not enough room to make it out. The Northern part of the state is only represented by Wheeling Park, but they don't have a strong foothold. They should roll through the Ohio Valley pretty easily.

Outside the Top 10

Historical power houses; Parkersburg, Morgantown, Bridgeport. Bridgeport is very down, outside the Top 25, Morgantown is barely holding on at 23. Surprising that both schools are down that low, but they could be late sleepers into the playoffs. The Southern Part of the State is poorly represented, Mingo Central is the highest ranked team south of Charleston. From Week 7-10, they play the Top 3 ranked teams in the state, and a total of 7 Pre-Season top 25. A Gauntlet, don't believe they will represent. Bluefield is the typical representative, but they lie at #26 at the moment, nothing to be confident in. Two tough games early, then an easy stretch for the Beavers.

Sleepers

University, while they are ranked #25, they have a good path and a good team.
Parkersburg South, Top 15 ranked, pre-season ranked #3 in the Ohio Valley Region.

Crowning a State Champion

There will be two divisions.

AAA - Will be crowned through the playoffs.
A - Will be crowned by vote, the state(not in real life) is broken into 4 Single A Regions. Best Resume = State Champion.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 10 Dec 2021, 20:52

Coalfields Conference

Lets talk about the region/conference that we play in. Since most people don't know much about it, we'll hit a region ever now and then.

The Top Dog:

Independence: Should win the conference and represent the Coalfields in the playoffs. Located in Raleigh County, the Patriots are rolling right now.

Liberty Raleigh: Second team out of Raleigh County, they'll be a dark horse for the playoffs and can contend. "The Raiders" as the are called.

Middle of the Pack:

Chapmanville: The Big C in the Northern part of Logan County. Always around 8-4, 7-5. A good class with a transfer, the can make noise.

Scott: The Skyhawks, right on the border of Kanawha County. Always a tough game, very physical. Right coach, they can take off.

Logan: Our team, strangely athletic, but always missing a piece. The Wildcat logo in the Southern part of Logan County.

Bottom of the Barrel:

Westside: The Renegades, our first team in Mercer County. Pride of Oceana.

Wyoming East: The second team out of Mercer County, the Warriors have jumped from time to time to the middle of the pack.

Lincoln County: A full county team that has been in consolidation from multiple great programs. They have struggled since then, and have fallen on hard times.

Tolsia: Probably should be in Class A rankings but decided to bounce up. Still struggling to find their footing in a AA conference.

Agent

Post by Agent » 10 Dec 2021, 22:21

I’m here for it. Good luck my guy. Not sure if I knew you on the previous board or not but welcome aboard.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 11 Dec 2021, 10:31

Awesome to have you aboard. One of my previous RTG players was from WV.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 11 Dec 2021, 13:44

Thank you guys! Just trying to have some fun! You all are the professionals.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 11 Dec 2021, 13:45

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 11 Dec 2021, 18:53

Very interesting concept, I don't think I have ever seen something like this before.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 12 Dec 2021, 08:44