Folsom Prison Blues | Titans Throwback Dynasty

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
mvp

Post by mvp » 11 Jan 2022, 14:49

Madden 2004
Folsom Prison Blues

RIP Air McNair

Topic author
mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Jan 2022, 11:17

Titans Roster Preview: Defense Wins Championships

It's been a struggle for Coach Jeff Fisher's Tennessee Titans to get over the proverbial hump the last few seasons. Although the Titans have been able to beat up on its weak division rivals, the playoffs have been a different story. One has to wonder if this team has passed it's peak, and if so, where do they go from here?

The offense is backed by an elite passer in Steve "Air" McNair, who has help from Eddie George in the backfield, a former Madden cover athlete who hasn't been the same since.

On the outside, wide receivers Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett, who aren't anything special to write home about, along with tight end Frank Wycheck should see the majority of the targets. There's not much depth at receiver, so it poses a bit of a weakness.

The offensive line is decently solid and should be able to protect its playmakers in the backfield against above average defensive line units, with the center and right tackle positions being the weakest links.

The Freak, Jevon Kearse, along with Kevin Carter and young stud Albert Haynesworth anchor the defensive unit at the line and should be able to create some mismatches against a lot of their opponents. It's definitely the strongest part of the defense, although things unwind a bit when one of these guys needs a breather, especially in a 4-front defensive look.

Good thing the line is strong because the linebacking crew is very weak with the exception of OLB Keith Bullock. This sets up the defense to be in a boom-or-bust position which puts pressure on the D-line to make the stop, otherwise the opponent can make off with large gains.

In the defensive backfield, FS Lance Schulters and CB Samari Rolle lead the way. With good speed as a unit, the CB personnel is mostly geared for man-to-man schemes, but could find real trouble against great-to-elite receiving corps.

Team Goals
- Finish with 9+ wins
- Win a Divisional Round playoff game
- Jevon Kearse records 10+ sacks
- Steve McNair in the MVP race

• • •

The Key Cogs

9 Steve McNair / Starting QB
2002: 3387 Yds, 22 TD, 15 Int / Pos Rank: 5th

Air McNair is coming off a strong season in which he willed his team into the playoffs and earned a few MVP votes in the process, however missed out on making the Pro Bowl.

The 6-foot-2 QB boasts decent size, a strong arm with good accuracy, and has good mobility, but isn't elite in any category. Still, he's a top 5-10 quarterback in the league and is more than capable of leading a team to the promised land.

Main Strengths: Arm strength, accuracy, mobility. / Main Weaknesses: Not ideal height.

27 Eddie George / Starting HB
2002: 1165 Yds, 3.4 Avg, 12 TD / Pos Rank: 13th

George is a big, bruising tailback who initiates contact at the point of attack. However, after gracing the Madden 2001 cover, he hasn't been quite the same. This season he'll look to get back on track.

Main Strengths: Strength, break tackle ability, toughness. / Main Weaknesses: Speed and agility.

85 Derrick Mason / Starting WR
2002: 79 Rec, 1012 Yds, 5 TD / Pos Rank: 21st

The 5-foot-10, 29 year old comes off a really good year as the main target for Steve McNair, to the tune of 120-plus targets last season. Though he isn't a huge redzone threat, Mason has top-tier hands and should see plenty of opportunities to score.

The shifty receiver doesn't boast the type of top-end speed you would think for someone of his stature, but he does have some agility to him that helps create a bit of yardage after the catch.

Main Strengths: Hands, agility. / Main Weaknesses: Size.

89 Frank Wycheck / Starting TE
2002: 40 Rec, 346 Yds, 2 TD / Pos Rank: 7th

The former Maryland fullback is 31 years old this season and is starting to see his abilities diminish a little bit. Given his history, Frank Wycheck is still being revered as a top-10 tight end in the league entering this season.

Wycheck is a smart player with decent size at the tight end position. He is a good all-around player who plays with grit and toughness, but isn't exactly elite at anything.

Main Strengths: Football IQ. / Main Weaknesses: Speed, quickness, and age.

• • •

Caesar

Post by Caesar » 12 Jan 2022, 13:11

I heard Albert Haynesworth really knows how to stomp out the competition. :curtain:

Agent

Post by Agent » 12 Jan 2022, 13:38

Steve McNair!! I’m here for this bro.

Looking forward to that matchup against Mike Vick :baze:

Topic author
mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Jan 2022, 14:12

Caesar wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 13:11
I heard Albert Haynesworth really knows how to stomp out the competition. :curtain:
Welp. That didn't last long...
Agent wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 13:38
Steve McNair!! I’m here for this bro.

Looking forward to that matchup against Mike Vick :baze:
Thank you sir! Week 12 boyyyyy :obama: Could have playoff implications

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 12 Jan 2022, 14:46

I'm fuckin with this heavily. You got something good here.

Topic author
mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Jan 2022, 15:58

Captain Canada wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 14:46
I'm fuckin with this heavily. You got something good here.
Fam :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Topic author
mvp

Post by mvp » 12 Jan 2022, 16:04

McNair, Mason Showing Good Chemistry Ahead of Season Opener

As training camp came to a close, the Tennessee Titans went on to finish just 1-3 in the Preseason.

"Ehh.. I'm not interested in what the scoreboard says during preseason games," said head coach Jeff Fisher. "I'm looking to see who's improving out there, who is working their tail off, who's building rapport with each other."

One tandom that seem to be impressing the coaching staff is the team's signal-caller and MVP-hopeful Steve McNair, and his No.1 wideout, Derrick Mason.

"They look special out there," noted Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger. "Even better than last season, I think."

Last season McNair tossed 125 passes Mason's way (24th most targets in the league), of which he hauled in 79 of them for receptions. That's a catch rate of 63.2%. According to team insiders, that number could very well jump up another 20 to 40 targets throughout the course of the season.

Tennessee opens up the season in the Sunday night primetime slot at 8:30 PM EST, as they host the reigning MVP Rich Gannon and the Oakland Raiders.

• • •

Agent

Post by Agent » 12 Jan 2022, 16:10

1-3 isn’t so good but those games don’t matter. Gannon bout to have a field day

Bailey4mvp

Post by Bailey4mvp » 12 Jan 2022, 17:21

Man i loved watching McNair and George play, following for sure man. The Freak is so much fun, good luck with this man.