The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 09:11

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 09:22

mvp wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 08:55
I have a feeling Amari will get his chance around week 8 when the squad starts off 0-7 :curtain:
Just gonna have to wait and see my guy. I already made one error for a idea by getting far ahead of in the story just to put it out there. I won't drag this longer than it needs to for certain :yup:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 09:49

Agent

Post by Agent » 13 Feb 2022, 15:59

Hope Goff doesn’t let the season go entirely

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 16:43

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 16:44

Agent wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 15:59
Hope Goff doesn’t let the season go entirely
:blessed: The Crusader has arrived!!

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 13 Feb 2022, 18:37

Agent

Post by Agent » 13 Feb 2022, 20:45

Picked in the end zone. What a tragic way to lose :pgdead:

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 14 Feb 2022, 02:02

Agent wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 20:45
Picked in the end zone. What a tragic way to lose :pgdead:
You don't know the half bro, and there was only 45 seconds left on the clock, nothing we could do

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 14 Feb 2022, 02:08

PATIENCE BUILDS CHARACTER

It's been two weeks and the Detroit Lions are already off to a bad start. First they ran into Aaron Rodgers, then Kirk Cousins. Despite being close games, they've been tough to get a close out on them, and the Lions found themselves down in the hole; 0-2. In Minnesota, Amari finally got to play his first official NFL season game. Granted, it was only a snap, but he capitalized on it big time. But the Lions were, they sit 0-2.

"Hey, how'd it feel to get your first career touchdown?" Coach Campbell sat next to Amari on the way back home to Detroit.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say it felt damn good", Amari responded. "Even though it came off just one play, that was pretty amazing."

"Don't worry about, you'll plenty of more to bask in, but that first one will always stick with you."

"Yes sir. I honestly thought you was hazing me, going for a fake field goal pass, wasn't sure what to make of it."

"Haha, honestly, we were. Me and Bill wanted to see how you'd handle it, but it all worked out for the best"

"Okay, I see where we're taking this", Amari laughed.

"Listen, I know you're itching to get out there, you've been busting your tail in practice these past few weeks and I'm colored impressed. But we just feel you're not there yet, not where we need you to be."

"Okay, so tell me coach, what I got to do to be where you need me? Point in me in the direction, and I'll get to it."

"That's what I like about you, kid, a damn good work horse. Firstly, we need to work on your strength and deep ball accuracy. We don't want to put you in too soon and have you handing out picks under pressure."

"Okay, fair enough. I've really been trying to bog down on those key areas. Coach Duncan been really adamant with my upper body improvement."

"That's good, so you already got a jump on where we're going to start you. So just keep working on that and let it translate in your practice on the field."

"Alright, I can do that."

"Good. So here's one more thing, we're dealing with Buffalo, Jets, then Giants. If all the training goes as plan, we're going to try to squeeze you in for a quarter with both the the Giants and Jets."

"Hey, that sounds awesome. I can't wait for it."

"Nothing is guaranteed though. This is to change due to the situation we're in both games. If we're in the position to win, we'll have to scrap the plan and go about busy. This is the season, every game matters now."

"Yeah, I dig it. I can work with that. Either way, whatever I can do to help the team win, I'm all for it."

"Just keep working on your game, Amari. We nearly passed you up in the draft and we're lucky we didn't. You have a gift and talent for this. Keep refining your skills and you'll be starting in no time. You'll be making every team, including us, pay for looking over you for six rounds."

"You got it Coach, I'ma hold you to that." Amari shook hands with Coach Campbell before he departed back to his seat.

Just as Amari got his headphones settled, a couple of whatsapp texts came in. It was from Kasey and his father, Ahmad. Both congratulating him on his first career touchdown.

Kasey :: Yo, yo, saw you catch your first TD in Minny! Congrats bro!

Amari :: Thanks fam. Need more mins out there!!

Kasey :: Tell me about it. But be patient, your time coming!

Dad :: Good pass out there son. Sorry it was for nothing, but your career is official now.

Amari :: Thanks Pop. What matters most is just getting that first snap out the way. You know my nerves.

Dad :: Yes, I do. I don't know where you get it from, but you worked through it well.

Amari :: Coach said there's a chance I'll play against the Giants/Jets. Non-guaranteed quarter.

Dad: Non-guaranteed? Care to explain?

Amari :: Just said if we're in a good spot, he'll put me in.

Dad :: I see. Okay well, you boys going to have it rough, getting your first win and all, but hang in there son. We're all behind you on this. Love you son.

Amari :: Love you too Pop.

Amari doubled back and gave word to Kasey on the next possible in-game appearance as well. Not only Kasey was his agent, but also his brand manager. Being that Amari was his only client, Kasey could use all the work he can get on the dime. Kasey wasn't a bad agent at all, despite being new on the scene. He had a knack for hyping up his client's big game in high school and college. Even when things didn't pan out how they should, Kasey always made sure Amari's name stayed relevant somehow. He was his cash cow, of course...