The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2022, 17:33

PS5 | Madden [22] | Player Chise
15 Minutes | 15 Second Accelerated Clock | Custom Sliders
Last edited by The JZA on 09 Feb 2022, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 06 Feb 2022, 17:34

{Reserved}

Agent

Post by Agent » 06 Feb 2022, 18:08

let’s goooooooooo

djp73

Post by djp73 » 06 Feb 2022, 18:54

Definitely be interesting to see your take on a football career

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2022, 03:37

SZN I PREMIERE: TO THE SUMMIT PT.1

It was over. The 2021 Cotton Bowl Classic chapter was written, even before the first snap of the game. The Alabama Crimson Tide crushed the Cincinnati Bearcats 27-6. It was a tough game, the Crimson Tide only allowed points on the board by way of field goals. Other than that, it was a lopsided victory as expected.
"Good game, kid"

"Thanks, Coach. Gave it my all out there."

"We all did. Don't hang your head too low, it's Alabama. They're just a great program."

"Yeah, Coach, I know."

Amari took this loss to heart. It was his first big game in his two years at Cincinnati. Not to mention that he didn't see much time on the field playing behind Desmond Ridder. With Coach Fickell sitting Ridder in the 4th, Amari tried to make the best of it, to showcase what countless hours in the gym and practice done for him, but Alabama just kept shutting him down every drive. Simply put, a horrible night. More so, a horrible way to end the year.

It's been a few days back on campus and Coach Fickell called Amari in. With the season over, it was all but one question to ask...

"Hey kid, how you doing?"

"I'm good, Coach, hanging in there."

"Glad to hear it. That's some beating we took out there in Arlington, huh?"

"Yeah, you can say that again. That's definitely one night I'd like to put behind me, permanently."

"I hear you, but don't dwell on it emotionally too much, use that hardship to build grit for the next games. Learn from it, work harder towards the next."

"Loud and clear. It's just, man... That night hurt a bit. Big game feel, we down, but still fighting. I finally get the call to run some snaps. Crowd is buzzing, family is watching, trying not to let the pressure build on me, and we got creamed. "

"Yeah, it's tough when you want to be at your best for your friends, family and team. But like I said at the end of the game, don't hang your head too low. Alabama is just a maelstrom of wickedness to endure. But you got heart kid. I've always seen that in you. Anytime your number is called, you do not hesitate to get in there and put on a show in practice and games. Always the last one off the field."

"Thanks Coach, I appreciate that. I'd hate to be "Mr. Irrelevant" on this team", Armari joked.

"Oh no, none of your contributions went under the radar, the guys love you. It's just a matter of playing the right pieces most games. You been here, what? Two years now? Ridder's more than likely to place in the draft. So, the spotlight is on you, providing you stay another year."

Coach Fickell looked onward to Amari as he soaked in the idea of staying another year. Amari had his mind made up, but with Ridder bound for the NFL, he was enticed to the thought of upping his draft stock. While that was an option, Amari also knew the situation back home.

Amari grew up in foster care before being adopted at the age of six. Both his foster parents were staff members at Lehman HS. His father a teacher, and his mother a secretary. It was deeply embedded in Amari that a great education was key to success in life. There's no life without trials and tribulations, adversity and failure, but with Covid-19 taking the world by storm, it left Amari with just his father. Times in New York were extremely hard with the inflated cost of livelihood and the lingering covid variants. Life was even harder living on a teacher's salary...

"Listen, Coach, as much as I'm enticed at the idea of staying for another year, improving my craft, I'ma have to choose otherwise. I got family back home that needs help the best way possible and I got to put that first. So, I'ma have to decline and state I'm declaring for the draft as well."

A brief silence fell on Coach Fickell, having to accept Amari's decision and prepare for investments elsewhere. Blowing off a heavy sigh, Coach Fickell stood up, extending his hand to Amari as he complied to shake.

"I really hate to see you go, but I do understand your situation. If you think it's the best decision, then go for it kid. Like I said before, you got heart, furthermore, I know you got the talent to go along with it. It's safe to say that you won't be a first rounder, but you will be a big sleep in the draft. Use that as ammo against every team passed up on you", Coach Fickell praised.

"Thank you Coach. It's been a pleasure to learn under you. You have my word I won't let you down..."

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2022, 03:38

Topic author
The JZA

Post by The JZA » 07 Feb 2022, 03:40

Agent wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 18:08
let’s goooooooooo
djp73 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 18:54
Definitely be interesting to see your take on a football career
Good to have you along D. Been a few years since I've done anything football related. Don't be too harsh on the feedback.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 07 Feb 2022, 05:30

If you going where I think you might be going then I'm all in

mvp

Post by mvp » 07 Feb 2022, 10:15

Oooohhhh :hmm:

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 07 Feb 2022, 12:44

Oh I'm definitely here for this :curtain: