Swords Up

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
Caesar

Swords Up

Post by Caesar » 17 Oct 2022, 18:31

djp73

Swords Up

Post by djp73 » 17 Oct 2022, 18:57

Fuck Penn State

djp73

Swords Up

Post by djp73 » 17 Oct 2022, 19:00

Sweet Natty. Are you planning to keep going /stay with Nicholls?
Any chance of updating the front page with year by year etc?

mvp

Swords Up

Post by mvp » 18 Oct 2022, 09:20

Wollet was money... :curtain:

Did it through the air and on the ground. Congrats on the Natty bro

Soapy

Swords Up

Post by Soapy » 18 Oct 2022, 13:52

congrats homie.

Some CC: add time stamps to the scoring summary

Topic author
Caesar

Swords Up

Post by Caesar » 19 Oct 2022, 17:09

djp73 wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 19:00
Sweet Natty. Are you planning to keep going /stay with Nicholls?
Any chance of updating the front page with year by year etc?
Yep, will be.

viewtopic.php?p=33610#p33610 There you go.
mvp wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 09:20
Wollet was money... :curtain:

Did it through the air and on the ground. Congrats on the Natty bro
Yeah, Wollet might hit the portal with a natty win under his belt.
Soapy wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 13:52
congrats homie.

Some CC: add time stamps to the scoring summary
Gracias.

Ditching these gfx for new ones in Season 10. Tired of looking at them.

Topic author
Caesar

Swords Up

Post by Caesar » 19 Oct 2022, 17:10

Topic author
Caesar

Swords Up

Post by Caesar » 19 Oct 2022, 17:10

djp73

Swords Up

Post by djp73 » 19 Oct 2022, 19:07

A few things.
1. Surprised it took so long to get ranked in the preseason with those top 25 finishes.
2. Who has been your best recruit?
3. Who has been your biggest surprise recruit?
4. Who has been your biggest bust recruit?
5. Who has been your favorite recruit?
6. Any scheme changes on the horizon? I like to switch them up every few seasons, at least offensively.
7. Thank you for your time.

Topic author
Caesar

Swords Up

Post by Caesar » 19 Oct 2022, 21:03

djp73 wrote:
19 Oct 2022, 19:07
A few things.
1. Surprised it took so long to get ranked in the preseason with those top 25 finishes.
2. Who has been your best recruit?
3. Who has been your biggest surprise recruit?
4. Who has been your biggest bust recruit?
5. Who has been your favorite recruit?
6. Any scheme changes on the horizon? I like to switch them up every few seasons, at least offensively.
7. Thank you for your time.
1. Just NCAA 14 things, I guess
2. Toran Hood. He has every receiving record
3. Marco Holmes. Didn't think the MLB->DE transition would be successful but I'm going to be lucky if he doesn't declare early. Honorable mention to D.J. Thompkins who I expected to be a career backup at best.
4. I have a lot of those because I use the dynasty tool and early on, I'd have guys go from 65 overall freshmen to 45 overall sophomores (you can see it in the stats. You'd see a breakout player and then they'll disappear the next season.) but in terms of straight out of recruiting QB Garrett Patti in the first season. His pre-scout was like 73 overall. He came in as a 41 overall. I expected a drop from pre-scout to actual but not an "It might be better to use your punter at quarterback." drop.
5. Charleston Rice. His senior season, he was just everywhere.
6. I change my scheme every time I get new coordinators. I think I've had 6 or 7 different offensive coordinators and 5 or 6 different defensive coordinators. I've used three different schemes over the last three seasons on offense. Did an option-run with a lot of pre-snap motion spread thing in 2028, then a common spread offense in '29 and a run-heavy offense this past season. Granted, I threw it 490 times this season but I ran it like 550 times.

I know I don't have it posted anywhere but I do have house rules I use.
  • I change playbooks with any new coordinator.
    I use ask coach on offense.
    I rarely audible outside of the obvious moments.
    Don't run a lot of option plays unless that's what the ask coach gives me.
    I don't "double-up" on the depth chart to avoid playing worse players. Ex. I'm not going to put my nickel corner as the backup FS because my nickel corner is a 74 as a FS and my backup FS is a 67. I'm just going to play the backup FS and hope for the best. I will do this, though, in the same position "group." I'll play an outside linebacker at LOLB and ROLB or a DE on either side or swapping a OLB into DE on passing downs, etc., but for an example from the current team, Marco Holmes was a MLB. He's the best MLB on the team by overall. He plays zero snaps at MLB.
    I almost exclusively recruit players from Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi unless a player has me in their top 5 and even then I'll typically choose an uninterested Louisiana prospect over a guy from like Ohio who has me 2nd.
    I recruit my senior class+half of my junior class.
    No scouting of recruits
    Can't remove recruits once they've been added to the board unless they commit elsewhere.
    Kickers kick and punters punt so I recruit one for both positions and don't swap them.
    No over-recruiting. I only recruit QBs when it makes sense (junior starter), not recruiting multiple 5* at one position, etc.
    I use Fangs Recruit Generator for added realism (stops you from using low lock cheese basically and ATH-QBs are too few and far between to even think about recruiting).
    Don't convince any player to stay.
    I don't redshirt a lot of players and I only redshirt freshmen. If they transfer and I didn't redshirt them, I'll go in the editor and give them back the year of eligibility. If they stay with me for four years and don't play then they stay with me for four years and don't play.
    Typically, I do not cut freshmen. That means I over-recruited somewhere and I just have to bite that bullet, and it'd make sense for the 7th string junior WR to transfer to the FCS anyway. Now, if the game just gives me freshmen that I didn't recruit as it is prone to do, I'll cut them if needed because I didn't recruit them.
    I lower all of the injury ratings of my players based on ViatorLions' thread on OS.
    Every season I go through the entire country and transfer quarterbacks who I feel would realistically transfer (seniors not starting, underclassmen buried on the depth chart) to prop up other teams and lower the likelihood that, barring injury, I'll come up against a team with a trash QB. Also, Tennessee recruits like 15 QBs a season for some reason in this chise so I have to save them from themselves.