Moving Forward Together | New Orleans Saints (Chise/FoF) - Madden 22

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 02 Jun 2022, 21:36

Do the Saints have room for Odell Beckham Jr.?

NEW ORLEANS - Yes, the New Orleans Saints have room for Odell Beckham Jr.

The Saints have completely remodeled their receiver room from last season. Marquez Callaway, Tre’Quan Smith, and Deonte Harty headlined the Saints’ top three receivers. They also had “contribution” from Kenny Stills, Lil’Jordan Humphrey, Chris Hogan, Easop Winston, and Kevin White, as well as Ty Montgomery.

How would Odell Beckham Jr. fit in with this loaded receiver room? First off, Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry do a lot of things well and can be interchangeable every snap. Chris Olave will get his because of his diverse skill set, speed and route running. That is three solid receivers already with Callaway, Harty, and Smith available as well. So, the answer to where he would fit in is easy. The Saints’ system over the past two decades hasn’t changed and it won’t change this season as well. The Saints’ offensive units roll out like hockey lines, different packages, and formations for different players. Adding another receiver to the mix only makes their packages that much more lethal.

Will there be enough snaps to go around with all this talent at the position? Let’s take a look at the Rams receiver room (who are interested in re-signing OBJ at the right price). The Rams have 2 ball-dominant elite veteran receivers in Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson, with a young up-and-coming Van Jefferson as well. Sound familiar? Saints are in the same situation. Let’s talk about how the Saints could make this work. Last season, in a historically bad Saints offense Callaway led the receiver room in snaps with 833, Smith had 520, Harty 298, Ty Montgomery 300, Kenny Stills 274, Lil’Jordan Humphrey 216. Hogan, Winston, and White also combined for 134 snaps. Even with one of the worst cores the Saints have had in years they still found ways to use different packages while being extremely limited. Finding packages for Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Taysom Hill, Adam Trautman, Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, Jarvis Landry and potentially Odell Beckham Jr. will be an easy task for the Saints offensive staff. One snap you can have Thomas at X, Olave at Z, and Taysom Hill at Y with Kamara in the backfield, and the next you can bring at Thomas, Landry, and Beckham with Ingram in the backfield in 11 formation. The possibilities are endless and nothing unfamiliar for the Saints staff.
Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

djp73

Post by djp73 » 03 Jun 2022, 09:38

all them bayou dudes

djp73

Post by djp73 » 03 Jun 2022, 09:38

also cheese with Taysom Hill

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 03 Jun 2022, 20:26

djp73 wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 09:38
all them bayou dudes
Bayou Business this season
djp73 wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 09:38
also cheese with Taysom Hill
Maybe at TE

djp73

Post by djp73 » 04 Jun 2022, 07:02

FB lets you use him at rb fb and te

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Jun 2022, 02:24

djp73 wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 07:02
FB lets you use him at rb fb and te
For the way that I play, TE would probably be most productive for him.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 06 Jun 2022, 23:02

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Jun 2022, 21:35

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Jun 2022, 22:21

The Call

“I don’t know why you trying to play me right now, Unc! You know I’m too nice!”

“The student is trying to become the master? Don’t forget who taught you, boy.”

My uncle, Matt, and I were going head to head in a game of NBA2K. He was playing as his new favorite team, the Golden State Warriors and I was playing with my hometown Rockets. I was trying to keep myself busy while waiting on some news about my pro football career. I had already gone to Texas Southern to work out for the day and I was trying to relax.

“Yes, sir. I can have him down there in the morning.”

I look over from the television. My agent, Yasmin Munoz, was waving her phone at me. Yasmin was a softball player at Jackson State University. Her brother, Jacob, played football with me at Miami. They were part of the reason I ended up at Jackson State. Well, them and Coach Prime.

“We got the call, KD.”

I immediately sit up and toss my PlayStation controller on the floor.

“The call? Like, the call, the call?”

“The call, the call.”

I had been waiting on this call for a long time. From leaving behind my mom in Houston and spending the first three years of my college career at Miami to transferring and finishing out at Jackson State, it has been a wild four years. But nothing about my life has been run of the mill. I didn’t get drafted, even though I was called in for a few workouts with some teams. We knew this would be a very real possibility, so right now, it’s all about this call.

Before I could even ask my next question, my uncle yelled for my mom in the kitchen.

“Christie! We got the call!”

My mom came out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a towel.

“Of course, he did. It was only a matter of time. Now, who is requesting my son’s services?”

“The New Orleans Saints.”

“Not bad.”
She said. “I like New Orleans. Close enough to visit my baby.”

“Not bad? The Saints don’t know who the hell their next QB is going to be. The job is literally up for grabs. And with all the weapons they’re signing on offense, this could be a great launching pad for KD’s career.”

“I don’t keep up with all of that, Matt. What do you think, Miss Agent?”
My mom turned her attention to Yasmin.

“I agree with Matt. He has just as much opportunity as the guys who are already there. He can definitely write his own ticket.” She turned to me, “So, KD, we leave tomorrow afternoon at three twenty-five.
I will be here at eleven thirty to pick you up. They’ve booked us at the Hyatt House. It’s not too far from the Super Dome.”

I grabbed my iPad from the table and pulled up the Saints’ website. They had just signed Odell Beckham to play alongside Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry. Odell won’t be able to suit up until November, but that will give him plenty of time to gel with the team.

I wish I could have gotten the chance to play for the home team. Deshaun Watson is in Cleveland. But maybe that will be another time in my career. Right now, I’ll make the most of this opportunity in the Big Easy.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Jun 2022, 22:22