Moving Forward Together | New Orleans Saints (Chise/FoF) - Madden 22

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Sep 2022, 13:54

Creator of Derek Baldwin da Gawd

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 04 Sep 2022, 13:54

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 18 Sep 2022, 23:38

With a New QB and a Dominating Defense, Saints Look Unstoppable

NEW ORLEANS - Kristian “K.D.” Bowser is what some may call a rare find here in Louisiana. Since making history as the first undrafted rookie quarterback to start week one, against Green Bay of all teams, to helping lead this team to an eight-game win streak. The Saints and their fans have been letting the good times roll with the rookie at the helm.

Despite throwing 14 interceptions already this season, Bowser has still been pretty impressive. He’s completed 127 of his 189 passing attempts for close to 2,000 yards and he’s thrown for 11 touchdowns. On the ground he’s carried the ball 54 times for over 450 yards and has managed to ring up 8 touchdowns. And he’s currently one of the top candidates for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

“They might stop blocking for me, if I don’t shout them out first, but my offensive linemen definitely get it done. Holding up all those rushing attacks so I can roll out of the pocket. So, all of my rushing yards go to them. I told them if I hit one thousand yards on the ground, everybody was getting a gift from Jordan Brand.”

Bowser recently signed a deal with Jordan Brand, so it will be interesting to see just what his guys will get this season if they achieve their goal.

Another reason why the Saints have been so successful: the defense.

“This defense has been phenomenal,” said Bowser. “The Dome Patrol is definitely in full effect this season. That we can score on both sides of the ball puts my mind at ease. It takes a lot of the pressure off when somebody runs back a pick six or even puts us in good field position. They motivate us to be better, when they get a huge stop on third down, we feel like we have to put up points or they trash talk us.”

The Dome Patrol appears to be in full effect with Pete Werner serving as their leading tackler with 86 (50 solo) tackles, followed closely by DeMario Davis with 79 (48 solo) tackles. Davis has led the team in interceptions with 6 picks that he has run back for 3 scores. Despite his stats not being as high, Tyrann Mathieu has been an important factor in the Saints defense.

“Nobody wants to throw over there,” said head coach, Dennis Allen. “Teams are afraid.”

And rightly so, but that only give his other teammates a chance to step up. Three-time Pro Bowler, Joe Haden has been equally impressive. The 13-year veteran has racked up 43 (27 solo) tackles and pulled down 4 interceptions. He is on pace to smash his 2013 rookie season numbers.

“As long as my guys are able to have my back and make plays, it’s all good,” said Mathieu. “We’re getting wins and that’s what it’s about at the end of the day.

The big guys up front are creating havoc as well. David Onyemata is leading the sack bumbers with 10, followed by Marcus Davenport (7 sacks) and Cameron Jordan (5 sacks).

“The disruptors up front make it almost too easy for us to do our jobs in the secondary,” said Haden. “Hats off to them for bringing that pressure.”

The Saints seem to be having a good time on and off the field. It started with OTAs. Coach Allen wanted to make sure his players were bonding, so he gave them the day off and they went to Baton Rouge for some Top Golf. They’ve managed to keep it going throughout the season, recently having a movie night to see Halloween Ends.

“I’m not big on scary movies, but it was a lot of fun.”

His teammates say that he is a serious guy and it was kind of hard to get him away from the film sessions and out of his playbook.

“The game is played at a such a fast pace, and I feel like I’m constantly learning or seeing something new. I try to be ready for as much as I can. This is a once in a lifetime shot for me.”

Is Bowser New Orleans’ quarterback of the future?

“That would be amazing. Truly amazing. I’m taking it one game at a time, but I would love to take up the mantle and become the next great Saints quarterback. These fans are amazing. They’re also honest. They love you when you’re up, and they love you when you’re down. The love may be tough, but it’s still love. They just want to win. And they want the city to get their respect. We’re connected in that way. Undrafted quarterback, I’m not from one of the big schools. I want my respect too.”

mvp

Post by mvp » 19 Sep 2022, 09:05

the all whites are fire

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 23 Sep 2022, 03:05

mvp wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 09:05
the all whites are fire
Yeah, they're pretty tough :baze:

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Sep 2022, 18:25

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Sep 2022, 18:27

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 25 Sep 2022, 18:29

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 20:54

And Just Like That...

I slammed my helmet on the floor. I sat on the training table at Lincoln Financial Field fuming.

“Calm down, kid.”

“You just told me I’m gonna have to sit for the next few weeks at minimum and we have some of the biggest games of the season coming up. Excuse me if I’m not exactly calm right now.”

I’ve been hurt before. Never injured, which I can say is a blessing so far in my profession, so it was going to have to happen sooner or later. Doesn’t mean I like it though. I know Jameis has been chomping at the bit to get this starting job from me, so the longer I’m out the more time he’ll see on the field.

I sat in the back watching the rest of the game. We managed to come away with the win, but Jameis was looking a little shaky out there. It's looking my job will be waiting for me when I get back.

#############################

I open my door to see my favorite bartender-slash-future lawyer holding three bags.

“I brought some Rocky Road ice cream and my grandmother sent over a batch of pralines.”

“Damn. Not the pralines. You can’t be bringing over snacks like this. I’m going to end up looking like Zion by the time I get back on the field.”

“There is also some red fish in there from Brennan’s.”

“Dessert first.”

Anissa was one of the first people to reach out after I get injured. She had been watching the game on television. I told her that the hit looked worse than it was. The next day, she texted to see if I was back at home, asked for my address and when I got back from my doctor’s appointment, she had some food delivered to my condo. I thanked her for the meal and told her I would have preferred if she delivered it herself. Two days later and here we are.

To say we’d met each other about a month ago, we hadn’t gotten to spend much time together because our last three games have all been on the road, but I was able to make time for her when I could. Lots of hours long phone conversations. She didn’t really stress about it much because she had classes to attend. So the arrangement worked out for us.

“So, when do you go back to practice?”

“Fortunately, it’s a short week. Thanksgiving game is tomorrow, and I hate that I’m not playing in it. I probably won’t be practicing much next week. I’m just watching from the sidelines. I should be able to travel with the guys to New York. Then we’ll see what the doctors say about me returning to full practice. I’ll be back soon, but I hate waiting.”

“Well, maybe I can distract you from the waiting.”

“Really? How’s that?”

“You can plan our next date.”

I laughed because I was definitely hoping she was going to say something else.

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Kristian. I am not that type of girl.”

“I didn’t say anything,”
I said. I put my hands up in mock surrender.

“You didn’t have to. It’s written all over your face.”

“How about a movie this weekend?”

“We are not going to see Wakanda Forever again.”

“We’ve only seen it three times.”
She shakes her head at me. “There’s a new film called The Menu that just hit theaters last week. And how are you feeling about some Gus’ Fried Chicken?”

“You should have led with Gus’ Fried Chicken!”
she said.

“Speaking of Thanksgiving, I hate that I won’t get a chance to see you either.”

“If you want to come to the game, that’s still an option.”

“Nah, I’d rather go when you’re actually playing.”

“Can I have my dessert now?”

“Dinner first.”
She went to kitchen and I could hear her getting plates and utensils.

Being out with an injury might not be so bad for a while.

Topic author
chosenone58

Post by chosenone58 » 13 Oct 2022, 20:59