New Beginnings

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 18:48

Reserve One

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 18:48

Reserve Two

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 19:42

"This is really it, it's really over."

I say to myself out loud as I look up to watch the final seconds tick off the clock.

As long as I could remember this had been my dream, my goal. Now, just four years in, it seemed like it was coming to an end.

The final gun sounded and I made my way onto the field to exchange handshakes and well wishes.

"Celebrate endings for they precede new beginnings." I nodded in agreement then jogged off the field, pausing to watch the Bengals celebrate their win before heading for the locker room.

Later, on the flight home I replayed those words from earlier over and over in my head.

"Celebrate endings for they precede new beginnings."

Maybe this really isn't the end afterall, just a new beginning.

---

As I sat on the bench in front of my now empty locker I took the time to take it all in, watching as some of my teammates gathered items from their lockers. I heard some talking about next year and their expectations for the team.

I turned my attention back to my own locker. I slid my name plate off and held it in my hand, taking a moment to reflect on my time with the Raiders.

I thought back to draft day and how excited I was to be drafted by the team I had grown up rooting for. The thought of this chapter being over put a lump in my throat.

"Celebrate endings for they precede new beginnings."

I recited the line in my head a few more times before clearing my throat, tossing the name plate in my bag and heading for the door.

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 21:34

Chase Potter scores game winner as Maulers pick up first win
May 15, 2022

Potter scored a late touchdown as the Maulers picked up their first win of the season against the Houston Gamblers

The Pittsburgh Maulers are no longer winless thanks to the efforts of QB Vad Lee and RB Chase Potter. Lee came off the bench to throw a pair of touchdown passes. Potter ran for 87 yards and a touchdown and also caught a touchdown pass in the win.

Trailing 20-14 late in the fourth quarter Lee handed off to Potter on a third and 2 at the Houston 12 yard line. Potter broke a tackle and headed for the endzone, tying the game at 20-20 with less than a minute to play.

Potter has been one of the Maulers best players through the first five games, consistently playing well despite the teams struggles. The strong play of the newly signed Lee gives the team hopes for a playoff push in the second half of the season.

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 22:09

Former Raider Potter signs with Seattle
July 2, 2022

"It's a great opportunity for sure, I'm very excited to start this next phase." Chase Potter said after signing a one year contract with Seattle. Potter, who was drafted by the Raiders in 2018, mist recently led the USFL's Pittsburgh Maulers in rushing.

Potter was a fifth round pick out of San Jose State by the Raiders in 2018. After missing most of the 2018 season Potter struggled to get touches behind Josh Jacobs and others over the past three seasons.

"Last year I kind of knew things were coming to an end with the Raiders. We knew that was the last game there against Cincinnati. It was tough. I was excited to be drafted by them, that was my team as a kid so it was like a dream coming in there. Things didn't go how I'd hoped and I was kind of wondering if that was it toward the end."

Potter was one of the most versatile and productive backs in the USFL and parlayed that success into another shot in the NFL.

Potter joins Seahawks runningbacks Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Kenneth Walker and Travis Homer.

With Russell Wilson now in Denver the running game will likely big a big focus in Seattle in 2022.

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 17 Aug 2022, 22:10

Topic author
djp73

New Beginnings

Post by djp73 » 22 Aug 2022, 11:39

nvm we aint buying M23