Wonder Bread.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 22 Aug 2022, 23:51

Game Summary:
Image Image

CHS | 21 | 14 | 14 | 7 | 56
ECVHS | 3 | 14 | 10 | 22 | 49

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 25 of 35, 329 yards, 5 touchdowns, interception, sacked 5 times, 15 carries, 91 yards, touchdown
Scouts in attendance: Fresno State, San Diego State, University of Arizona, Stanford University, University of Washington, Washington State

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

VMHS | 0 | 3 | 0 | 7 | 10
CHS | 7 | 6 | 7 | 7 | 27

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 19 of 26, 224 yards, 3 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, sacked 6 times, 28 carries, 134 yards, fumble (recovered)
Scouts in attendance: University of Utah

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

CAL-HS | 0 | 7 | 0 | 7 | 14
CHS | 14 | 0 | 7 | 14 | 28

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 18 of 19, 212 yards, sacked 8 times, 33 carries, 74 yards, 2 touchdowns, fumble (recovered)
Scouts in attendance: University of California - Los Angeles, University of Southern California, University of Colorado

---
Clairemont High School Chieftains Current Record:
6-0

Upcoming Schedule:
vs. Mission Bay
vs Hoover
at Crawford
at Kearny

Season Total
131 of 177, 1641 yards, 16 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 140 carries, 636 yards, 4 touchdowns, 4 fumbles.

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 08:20

[banner]

Clairemont's McCoy emerging as legitimate Power 5 level arm as recruiting cycle ramps up
Dallas Hamilton -- 247Sports AztechReport.com Football Recruiting Insider

Former IMG Academy defensive back Braxton McCoy transferred back to hometown San Diego to play his senior season at Clairemont, making the full-time switch back to quarterback where both McCoy and the Chieftains have found success through the first half of his senior season.

McCoy's success at the position is being reflected in his 247Sports recruiting profile where he's officially been removed from the cornerback rankings to an athlete, coming in as the 56th ranked athlete in the nation with several Power 5 schools along with San Diego State recruiting him as a potential quarterback.

McCoy told 247 Sports last week that the Aztecs and UNLV were among the first schools to start recruiting him to play quarterback while other schools such as Washington, UCLA, Washington State and Colorado continue to recruit him primarily as a defensive back but have also discussed him playing quarterback.

"Some coaches have told me that they'll let me compete in the spring at quarterback but most of the people I interact with [at those schools] are the defensive coaches," said McCoy in his interview with AztechReport.com after Clairemont's 27-10 win over Vincent Memorial, "They're the guys recruiting me, talking to me every day, the DB coach and all of that. The only schools where the quarterbacks coach, the offensive coordinator are talking to me a lot is San Diego State, Fresno State, San Jose [State], and [UNLV]. I think I talked to the quarterbacks coach at Colorado a few times but it's mainly been the defensive guys talking to me."

McCoy added that he hasn't decided yet on if playing quarterback at the next level is his first priority when it comes to picking his school but did add that San Diego State was among the first schools to offer him as a quarterback, something he values along with the Aztecs being his hometown school. McCoy returned to San Diego after spending the past two years in Las Vegas and Bradenton, Florida, playing for Bishop Gorman and IMG Academy respectively.

In his showing against Vincent Memorial, McCoy threw four interceptions in what was perhaps his worst game of the season. He still threw for three touchdowns and rushed for 124 yards but the lack of elite arm talent is prevalent along with his slight frame at 5-foot-9 and in the 170-pound range. There aren't too many quarterbacks that fit the athletic profile but McCoy's accuracy is promising and his athleticism allows him to slice and dices defense when he gets it going, evident in his fifteen straight completions the following week against Calipatria.

McCoy confirmed that he intends to make his decision during the early signing period in order to potentially compete for a starting job as a true freshman in the spring as an early enrollee. He has yet to release a list of top schools although San Diego State, Fresno State and UNLV are rumored to be at the top of his list based on his social media presence.

mvp

Wonder Bread.

Post by mvp » 23 Aug 2022, 09:08

Make the jump back to db and get in the return game my dude

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 10:55

mvp wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 09:08
Make the jump back to db and get in the return game my dude
hmmm, we shall see

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 12:57

Game Summary:
Image Image

MBHS | 10 | 7 | 7 | 0 | 24
CHS | 7 | 7 | 7 | 14 | 35

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 24 of 33, 304 yards, 3 touchdowns, sacked 2 times, 19 carries, 76 yards, 2 touchdowns
Scouts in attendance: Baylor University

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

HHS | 7 | 10 | 7 | 8 | 32
CHS | 14 | 14 | 7 | 7 | 42

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 23 of 25, 349 yards, 2 touchdowns, sacked 3 times, 17 carries, 116 yards, touchdown, fumble (out of bounds)
Scouts in attendance: University of California - Los Angeles

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

CHS | 0 | 14 | 3 | 15 | 32
CRAW-HS | 14 | 7 | 7 | 0 | 28

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 19 of 27, 373 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, sacked 3 times, 25 carries, 125 yards, fumble (lost)
Scouts in attendance: University of California - Los Angeles, Wake Forest, West Virginia University

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

CHS | 6 | 10 | 13 | 0 | 32
KHS | 3 | 0 | 7 | 13 | 28

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 26 of 33, 407 yards, 4 touchdowns, sacked 4 times, 25 carries, 111 yards, touchdown, 3 fumbles (2 lost)
Scouts in attendance: Ohio State University, University of Alabama, University of Georgia

---

Clairemont High School Chieftains Current Record:
10-0

Upcoming Schedule:
Round 1 Playoffs: vs. San Leandro (9-1)

Official Scholarship Offers:
Alabama (DB)
Arizona (WR)
Baylor (DB)
Colorado (DB)
Fresno State (QB)
Georgia State (QB)
Jackson State (QB/RB/WR/DB)
San Diego State (QB)
San Jose State (QB)
UCLA (RB/WR)
UNLV (QB)
Utah (DB)
Washington (DB)
West Virginia (DB)

Season Total
223 of 295, 3074 yards, 29 touchdowns, 11 interceptions, 226 carries, 1064 yards, 11 touchdowns, 9 fumbles.
Last edited by Soapy on 23 Aug 2022, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

mvp

Wonder Bread.

Post by mvp » 23 Aug 2022, 13:26

Braxton Butter Fingers McCoy. Gotta turn down those INTs and FUMs

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 13:55

[banner]

Fresno State might have found their quarterback of the 2022 class in an unlikely player
Julius Lewis -- 247Sports BarkBoard.com Football Recruiting Insider

Clairemont quarterback Braxton McCoy first came onto the Fresno State's coaching staff radar as a sophomore but not as a quarterback prospect but as a defensive back during his time at Bishop Gorman and IMG Academy where he intercepted six passes in two seasons while also moonlighting as a situational quarterback. McCoy even camped at Fresno State back in 2019, going through defensive back drills for then head coach Jeff Tedford and was among the standouts, earning a scholarship offer.

With the early signing period and Fresno State still without a quarterback, it appears that McCoy is once again a top target for the Bulldogs but at quarterback this time around. Offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb remains in constant contact with McCoy and according to the senior signal caller, he's the college coach that he's speaking to the most these days.

"The whole [Fresno State] staff shows me love but coach Grubb is the one I talk to the most recently," said McCoy in a recent interview with On3, "A lot of coaches says they want me to play this or play that but out of everyone, him and [UCLA head coach] Chip Kelly probably are the ones that talk specifically about how they want to use me, how they see my game evolving over the years and everything so they're definitely one of my top schools right now."

The San Diego native ran a 4.54 forty as IMG Academy's pro day as a junior last year and while he lacks prototypical size and arm strength, he's a natural thrower of the football and has looked the part when in rhythm this season despite not playing the position full time since his freshman season.

Washington's Joshua Wood is another prospect that Fresno State is looking at, a three-star prospect with offers from Eastern Washington, Idaho State, Nevada and Portland State. While Wood might be the safer pick, McCoy's versatility provides more upside.

Alabama, Baylor, Colorado and Utah have offered him scholarships at defensive back while Arizona, Jackson State and UCLA like him more at receiver. Fresno State is among the few schools that have been recruiting him exclusively at quarterback along with Georgia State, San Diego State, San Jose State and UNLV, making it a battle that Kalen DeBoer and his staff should be able to win if McCoy is committed to playing quarterback at the next level.

McCoy is expected to release a top five school after the end of his senior season and sign during the early signing period.

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 13:55

mvp wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 13:26
Braxton Butter Fingers McCoy. Gotta turn down those INTs and FUMs
the lack of arm strength is definitely a problem but learning to play with it. just need to slide now.

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 16:54

Game Summary:
Image Image

SLHS | 7 | 0 | 6 | 2 | 15
CHS | 14 | 17 | 10 | 7 | 48

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 21 of 23, 292 yards, 2 touchdowns, sacked 5 times, 29 carries, 199 yards, 2 touchdowns, 2 fumbles (2 recovered)

---

Game Summary:
Image Image

SMHS | 3 | 17 | 7 | 0 | 27
CHS | 0 | 6 | 0 | 14 | 20

Braxton McCoy's Stats: 17 of 20, 254 yards, 2 touchdowns, interception, sacked 8 times, 10 carries, -3 yards, touchdown

---

Official Scholarship Offers:
Alabama (DB)
Arizona (WR)
Baylor (DB)
Colorado (DB)
Fresno State (QB)
Georgia State (QB)
Jackson State (QB/RB/WR/DB)
LSU (DB)
Ohio State (DB)
Oklahoma (DB)
San Diego State (QB)
San Jose State (QB)
UCLA (RB/WR)
UNLV (QB)
Utah (DB)
Washington (DB)
West Virginia (DB)

End of Season Total
261 of 348, 3620 yards, 33 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 265 carries, 1260 yards, 14 touchdowns, 11 fumbles.

Topic author
Soapy

Wonder Bread.

Post by Soapy » 23 Aug 2022, 17:05

[banner]

Clairemont's McCoy sets announcement date, releases updated top five
Johnny Murray -- San Diego Union Tribune Sports Columnist

Clairemont High School senior quarterback Braxton McCoy will announce his college commitment on December 12th where he will commit to either Alabama, San Diego State, UCLA, UNLV and Washington.

The 5-foot-9 prospect was officially named the California San Diego Section Player of the Year after throwing for over 3,600 yards and 33 touchdowns, rushing for an additional 1,260 yards and fourteen touchdowns during his senior campaign.

The Chieftain signal caller updated his top five just days after the initial release, removing Fresno State following the departure of Kalen DeBoer to Spokane, replacing the Bulldogs with the Huskies. Fresno State was the Crystal Ball leader according to 247 Sports Expert Predictions which since all flipped to Washington with just one Crystal Ball prediction for hometown San Diego State.

McCoy's father, Braxton McCoy Sr., was a three-year starter at San Diego State back in the early 90s, leading the way as a fullback for Aztec great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. The Aztecs led for most of McCoy's recruitment as they were one of the first programs that recruited McCoy as a quarterback.

Alabama, as always, is considered a potential threat to land McCoy's NLI although the Tide are exclusively recruiting him to play defensive back while the Bruins like him as a running back and receiver hybrid.