Climbing the Ladder | Football Coach Franchise

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 23 Nov 2023, 07:46

This game looks really intriguing :hmm:

I'd stick around for a bit, see what develops for opportunities moving forward.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 24 Nov 2023, 11:38

Year 6 - #10 West Liberty Hilltoppers - 13-2 - 2nd Round of NCAA Playoffs

Notes:
- Really good season all things considered. Our transfer quarterback was a life saver. Thank you to the portal.
- We didn't really roll the 2nd half of the year, the scores were a tad more lopsided than the games. We struggled with turnovers and sacks.
- The Wesleyan game was the scare. We turned the ball over like crazy, 4 times, and we were down late in the 3rd.
- We still haven't won the conference yet, but New Haven was very good and deserved the win.
- We did make the playoffs and knocked off Ferris State(I simmed it to give it a fair shot, I could probably spam a win but at that point, let fate happen).
- The dream would be over the next week, as we lost to a very good Kingsville team.
- We have two good recruiting classes, and a QB with 2 years left. I'm going to ride it out then make the jump to either a big D2, or a MAC/Sun Belt School(if we keep winning of course).

Notes to Wrap:
Great Year: William Jewell, Charleston, Central Washington, Catawba, Limestone
Bad Year: Emporia State, Minnesota State Mankato, Ashland, Kutztown, Carson Newman, Valdosta State

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 25 Nov 2023, 08:31

Offseason Update/Community Ask...again lol

Well, the big boys came calling.

Those are the blue bloods of D2. If those guys are coming, then usually there is some type of FCS or FBS interest.

Options are:

A. Stay at West Liberty - Good QB, easy league.

B. Take a Blue Blood - Battle for a Natty

C. Jump to FCS

D. Jump to FBS - A MAC School like Ball State or Kent State

Difficult decisions.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 25 Nov 2023, 10:58

Personally I would hold out for FCS or low level FBS but one of the top D2 jobs would be tough to pass up in your situation.

djp73

Post by djp73 » 25 Nov 2023, 10:59

Looking back at your history I would actually stay and try to win a championship with West Liberty.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 27 Nov 2023, 21:15

Year 7 - #15 West Liberty Hilltoppers - 6-0

Notes:
- You can tell we're a year away, and we're going for it. Invested a ton of money into NIL, and next year is the year for the run.
- We struggled out the gate with Emory and Bentley. Our offense is legit but the defense is still too young.
- We beefed up our schedule, and picked up PSAC power Kutztown. It was a good game for us, and they really struggled with our receivers. We struggled with their run game.
- 6-0, we'll take it.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 30 Nov 2023, 16:00

Year 7 - #9 West Liberty Hilltoppers - 12-2 - Mountain East Champions, 1st Round of NCAA D2 Playoffs

Notes:
- After losing in it 3 seasons in a row, we finally got our first conference title. We did avoid New Haven but a ring is a ring.
- We rolled over New Haven in the regular season, they had no answer for Kaleb Hood.
- Hood would win the National Player of the Year at WR. Probably single handily carried us this season.
- The defense was good when it needed to be, and the offense was stellar like expected.
- The UC upset was a shocker, we moved the ball well, didn't have a ton of turnovers. Just didn't execute in the red zone.
- We got a tough draw in the playoffs, for the 2nd year in a row. Kingsville knocks us off.
- This is probably a good place to move on(I also want to get into FBS and stop changing files). Looking at either a MAC, Sun Belt, or CUSA school to start at with.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 04 Dec 2023, 18:50

Year 8 - Bowling Green Falcons - 3-3

Notes:
- Finally made the move and kind of regret it lol
- Regret it because this offense is garbage.
- 3 Wins was the goal for the year, so we accomplished that. We're living on a razors edge.
- Our QB, who's not very good to begin with, will finish the season with a nagging injury.
- Going .500 is the goal, we don't have any for sure losses, so it can happen.

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 09 Dec 2023, 16:39

Year 8 - Bowling Green Falcons - 5-7

Notes:
- Been a tough year, but we finished strong.
- We lost some really close games. Last second field goal against Akron, and last minute to LA Tech.
- 4 losses by 1 point or less.
- We really struggled protecting the QB and turnovers down the stretch.
- I do like our recruiting class. It's full of potential.
- The AD's wishes were 3 wins, and we exceeded that. Good start to build on.

Around the League:
Good Years: Minnesota 12-3, Stanford 9-4, Air Force 12-2, San Diego State, Nevada
Bad Years: Oklahoma 5-7, LSU 4-8, USC 4-8

Topic author
COYB54

Post by COYB54 » 10 Dec 2023, 15:56

Year 9 - Bowling Green - 3-3

Notes:
- We're a better team, but we've still got a lot of holes.
- The defense took a step back when the offense took a step forward.
- After scoring 49 in week one, thought we'd be back to the West Lib days but not yet. Still too many turnovers, sacks, and lack of big plays but it's overall better.
- The Toledo game was very frustrating. Winning 17-7 with 2 minutes left in the 1st half. Safety, quick score, turnover, quick score,Halftime, quick score. We're down 30-17 before we can blink.
- Won two really close games when we decided to protect the defense and slow the game down a little bit.
- AD wants 5 wins, every game is going to be against similar opponents, so I expect close games.