Pittsburgh Steelers: A New Family

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 26 Dec 2023, 16:07

(PITTSBURGH, PA) The offseason is officially underway and the first news from the new owners is starting to leak. Mike Tomlin has officially been told he will be coming back as the head coach. The 51 year old is coming back for his 18th season and will be under the most pressure in his career this offseason. Another bad season and it could be the end for Tomlin in the black and yellow.

Tomlin's first order of business is to fix the offense that ranked 31st in 2023. Running back Najee Harris had his 5th year option picked up. The main star from last season will be coming back on a one year deal as well defensive back Levi Wallace who signed a new extension. The Steelers did make one big change, offensive coordinator Victor Price has been let go and QB guru Jeremy Green was hired. With the Steelers looking to draft a QB, Green and his QB history made the most choice going forward.

On defense, line backer, Kwon Alexander turned down any contract talk saying he was looking to leave the team.

"We are excited about the changes. The team got together and looked at the current roster and decided an overhaul of the scheme was needed. You will see us playing more open and spread this next season and that is how we will build the roster this offseason." Tomlin announced.
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 27 Dec 2023, 12:36

Madden sure does love the Dallas Cowboys :curtain:

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 12:39

The 31st ranked defense last year needed an overhaul and the Steelers wasted little time getting started, signing eight defensive free agents.

// Signings
MLB Rashaan Evans, 3yrs $13.2 M
DT Michael Pierce, 1 yr, $12.4 M
SS Deshon Elliott, 3 yrs, $19.2 M
LE Jordan Willis, 1 yr, $2.9 M
MLB Krys Barnes, 2 yrs, $7.2 M
C Evan Brown, 1 yr, $3 M
QB Max Duggan, 1 yr, $1.05 M
LE Dante Fowler, 1 yr, $1.85 M
CB William Jackson III, 1 yr, $2.25 M
FS Jalen Mills 1 yr, $1.75 M
QB Taylor Heinicke 1 yr, $1.45 M
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 12:47

78 overall, future star, day 1 starter
73 overall, future starter
73 overall, future starter
//Rest of draft
Rd 4 - DT Byron Murphy (67 ovr)
Rd 5 - WR Ja'lynn Polk (72 ovr)
Rd 6 - RB Frank Gore Jr (69 ovr)
Rd 7 - CB Mike Sainristril (67 ovr)
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 12:48

Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 12:53

Steelers trade for quarterback, Pickett's time is over in Pittsburgh
(PITTSBURGH, PA) Changes continue to come for the Steelers and the biggest one just landed. Pittsburgh traded quarterback Kenny Pickett and a future first round pick to the Titans for Bo Nix and two late round draft picks next year.

Nix, a 24 year old rookie from Oregon, was drafted early in the second round before the Steelers were able to draft him with the 10th pick of the round. Jayden Daniels, Michael Penix, Drake Maye and Caleb Williams were already off the board leaving the Steelers scrambling for a trade.

"We wanted Bo from the start. We thought we could land him with the second pick but the Titans took him first so we called right away and worked out a deal that works for all parties." Mike Tomlin said after the draft.

The Steelers already added a new offensive coordinator with a focus on moving to a spread offense. Nix was one of the most effective QBs in the spread offense in college and will come in to a system that is made for his skills. A 72 overall rookie with A rated accuracy and 85 speed, the Steelers might have finally found their new QB.
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

Agent

Post by Agent » 27 Dec 2023, 15:27

WR going first overall in the draft :lbjooo:

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 17:29

Agent wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 15:27
WR going first overall in the draft :lbjooo:
Crazy to see. Reminds me of the Dolphins taking Ted Ginn so early in the draft. What's even crazier is the Cardinals took a QB in the second round. They could have taken Williams number one and a WR in round two.
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers

MajorSupreme

Post by MajorSupreme » 27 Dec 2023, 17:38

Had me worried for a second when you didn't take a QB in the first few rounds, way to go get Nix though.

Topic author
Stlducks

Post by Stlducks » 27 Dec 2023, 17:41

MajorSupreme wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 17:38
Had me worried for a second when you didn't take a QB in the first few rounds, way to go get Nix though.
I did not expect the good QBs to all be gone by my second pick. I think I overpaid for him but if he performs like I'm hoping then it was worth a future first.
Tottenham Hotspur
St. Louis Cardinals
San Fran 49ers