Chasing The Dream - The Career Of Chase Porter

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 13 Dec 2018, 12:28

WaPo header? :ooo: This should be good

I actually went back and saw you did similar for the other posts, I just actually read the WaPo so I instantly recognized it :rg3:

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 13 Dec 2018, 12:33

Chillcavern wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 12:28
WaPo header? :ooo: This should be good

I actually went back and saw you did similar for the other posts, I just actually read the WaPo so I instantly recognized it :rg3:
full post is up now bruh

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 13 Dec 2018, 12:54

djp73 wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 12:33

full post is up now bruh
And what a good one it was! Haha that was a solid first game (back) in the NFL!

I loved this line
Chase Porter wrote: I was watching highlight videos of the team on Youtube to try to get to know guys

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 13 Dec 2018, 14:10

Chillcavern wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 12:54
djp73 wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 12:33

full post is up now bruh
And what a good one it was! Haha that was a solid first game (back) in the NFL!

I loved this line
Chase Porter wrote: I was watching highlight videos of the team on Youtube to try to get to know guys
Thanks. It's funny. I had to actually do that once in my career. And also Josh Johnson talked about playing Madden last week to learn the roster. When I read that it reminded me of when I did the YouTube thing.

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 17 Dec 2018, 11:09

Porter Leads Rattlers to Arena Bowl XXVI Win
By Norman Rhebus
8/17/13

Eight months ago to the day Chase Porter was cut by the New York Jets after two seasons in the NFL. The cut came after what the Jets called a failed experiment of moving Porter to wide receiver.

"He's got the physical and mental ability to be a good receiver in the league." Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said at the time. "It was obvious he wasn't content with the move."

Porter was drafted in 2011 by the Jets with the fifth pick in the seventh round. He played well in the preseason and appeared in one regular season game, completing one of three pass attempts for five yards.

The Jets revamped their quarterback position in 2012 and Porter was the odd man out. Not wanting to give up on him the team felt he had the tools to transition to receiver.

After playing primarily on special teams during the 2012 season Porter was cut.

"It was tough then you know. I had failed and I was really searching for direction." Porter explained.

The direction came when Rattlers' coach Kevin Guy called him the day after the Jets had cut him loose.

"We felt he had the skill set needed to play at a high level in the league and we were really crossing our fingers that he would come play."

Guy was right. Porter threw for over 4,800 yards with 110 touchdowns (both good for second in the league) and 15 interceptions, leading Arizona to a 15-3 record and to the Arena Bowl.

Porter was also named to the All-Arena Second Team.

In the Arena Bowl Porter completed 20 of 29 passes for 315 yards with six touchdowns in a back and forth 48-39 win over the Soul.

"It feels incredible!" Porter exclaimed after the win. "To come so close in college and then to have thins kind of fall apart in the NFL I wasn't sure I'd have an opportunity to compete for another championship at any level. This is awesome! Coach Guy and all the guys are awesome. I'm going to cherish this for as long as I live!"

Porter was asked if he would consider a return to the NFL if the chance presented itself.

"No. Not now. I'll stay here as long as they'll have me." Was his response.

Arizona fans and fans of the league in general surely hope that's a long time.

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 18 Dec 2018, 14:38

AFL and CFL experience? Solid tour of all the major leagues!

Experience at WR is... odd. I guess they wanted to Terrelle Pryor you?

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 18 Dec 2018, 14:52

he's been around, kind of the kurt warner type story

he's athletic and the Jets didn't want to give up on him so they thought a position change might be a way to salvage things, ultimately the skills were there but he wasn't happy with the move

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 19 Dec 2018, 13:12

Porter Leads Bucs to SJCFC Championship win over Navarro
November 15th, 2008

Just over two weeks ago Navarro got the best of Blinn, handing them their second loss of the season with a 24-21 win in a heated battle.

After dispatching Kilgore 52-42 in a shootout last weekend Blinn earned another shot at Navarro in the Southwest Junior College Football Conference Championship game.

Blinn QB Chase Porter had a monster game, throwing four touchdown passes and running for three more. Porter completed 27 of his 30 pass attempts for 303 yards while running 14 times for 137 yards and three scores.

Navarro trailed 42-45 with just under two minutes to play and lined up for a chip shot field goal. The play turned out to be a fake that the Blinn defense was able to stop. Two plays later Porter connected with receiver Dexter Ransom for a 58 yard touchdown, essentially putting the game away for Blinn.

"It was an awesome play." Blinn safety Byron Landor said after the win. "Chase had some quick pressure up the middle and rolled out. Looked like he could have run for a few yards and got the first down but he kept his eyes downfield and threw it perfect to Dex."

The win brings Blinn's record to 9-2 and they will likely play in a bowl next month.

Porter is now listed as a top five quarterback prospect by all of the major recruiting services. He has reportedly narrowed his choices down to Cal, Auburn, Miami and Oregon. He will have two years of eligibility left as he redshirted in 2006 at USC.

"I've got it narrowed down is all right now." Porter explained. "These guys and this season has been so great that I really wanted to focus on this season and live in the moment. I've got some time to pick so I'm going to use it this time."

Porter had committed to USC early and found himself stuck behind other quarterbacks during his time there. He was ultimately dismissed from the school after an altercation with Mark Sanchez last year.

"I just want to get it right this time." he elaborates. "Make sure it's right for me and the school too."

Porter is expected to announce his choice before the end of the year.

Chillcavern

Post by Chillcavern » 19 Dec 2018, 13:34

QB at Blinn right before Cam :ooo:

Got a nice pedigree going here, and I'm really digging that career stats page. Looks nice and helps with immersion

Topic author
djp73

Post by djp73 » 19 Dec 2018, 14:09

Chillcavern wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 13:34
QB at Blinn right before Cam :ooo:

Got a nice pedigree going here, and I'm really digging that career stats page. Looks nice and helps with immersion
Porter absolutely had something to do with Cam going to Blinn.

I like having numbers behind stuff so i wanted to have that stat page. I decided to update it as the story gets told so there aren't any spoilers. Might put it in spoiler tags if they work here.

Thanks for following and posting homie, always appreciated.