Explosions of Grandeur.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 08 Jul 2019, 19:10

Nice glimpse into his home life. Going to be interesting how things work out on the football field.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 08 Jul 2019, 19:28

"Ride his hip, ride his hip, extend out!"

James had never played another position or even another sport. Since the day his mom's friend dropped him off at football practice when he was six years old simply because she got tired of looking after him, James had been a quarterback. He started every game that year and embarked on an impressive streak known by few, scoring at least one touchdown in every game he ever played up until he got to Long Beach Poly.

"You're still going through him," coach Marcus explained to James once he finished the drill of covering a running back coming out the flat, "That's going to be 15 against us every time. Once his hands go up, your arms go out! Not through, out! Your arms are long enough that you should be able to go over him and out. You have time it right, go again."

James jogged back to the starting position of the drill, about ten yards from the line of scrimmage. He dug his back toe into the ground as he started to get into his stance, awaiting for the sound of the whistle. Once it blew, he shifted a few steps to the right before making a bee line for Gordon, who was playing the role of the running back in this drill coming out in the flat. He chopped his feet to get under control once near him, placing his hand on his hip as Gordon made a sharp cut at the line of scrimmage towards the sideline. As soon as the ball was thrown, Gordon laid out for it but James discretely placed his right arm on his chest plate and with a swiping motion with his left, he batted the ball down.

They both stumbled towards the ground but James quickly got up and held his arms out as he jogged back to coach Marcus.

"Great fucking play! That's what I'm talking about!"

"Jimmy Lockdown!" Tyler yelled from the sidelines, joining the rest of the DBs in a whopping cheer.

"Dorsey is in a month gentlemen so be fucking smart but I want to see some bodys smashing right now!" yelled coach London towards his running backs as the receivers also joined the group.

"Fuck that! I want ruthlessness! Reckless abandon! DBs!" coach Marcus followed up.

"Yes, sirrrrr!" yelled out the ruckus crowd as James found himself getting hyped as well. He hadn't been this excited over football in years.

"Lights Out!"

"Night night!"

"I said lights out!" yelled coach Marcus one more.

"Night night!"

The first match-up was a dream one which saw five-star recruit Jason Garrison, the team's star running back, up against a likely future five-star in Tyler. The actual action was a bit disappointing with the first one resulting in Jason simply out running Tyler and the second drill ending with a simple, clean tackle by Tyler. They would most likely end up teammates at UCLA in the future and maybe they figured it was better to hold off for the theatrics once the games started counting.

A few more people went and Iman was a standout, as always, as were a future eager sophomores to make their first impression. It was finally James' turn, who had never tackled someone in live action before.

He lined up against one of the receivers and lowered his shoulders once contact was about to be made but whiffed and the sophomore high-stepped into the endzone. A few of the offensive players couldn't help but cackle at their former quarterback, including Jalen and coach Butler, who had become best of friends.

James got back up and lined up again and this time he was able to clip his ankle but the receiver managed to keep his balance and stumble into the endzone.

"Line up again!" James shouted as he slammed his fist onto the ground and stood up.

He caught another glimpse of coach Butler and Jalen sharing a laugh, "Why don't you get your ass in here, QB?!"

The whole team went nuts, knowing very well who James was talking about. Jalen tried to laugh it off but the team kept hyping it up until even coach Butler gave the go-ahead nod. Coach Collins watched the whole affair from afar with a not so approving look on his face.

"Bust his fucking ass, Jimmy!" yelled one of the DBs.

"Bustdown Jimmy!" yelled Iman, his unmistakable high-pitch voice caused James to let out a laugh.

"I hate to do it to my son," James told Jalen as they lined up.

The whistle blew and James took off, not bother to chop his feet or do any of the things he had been taught in his brief stint as a safety. With no attempt at even wrapping up, James launched his helmet like a weapon towards Jalen, knocking him straight off his feet and sent him tumbling backwards.

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 08 Jul 2019, 20:15

Coach Collins going to have something to say about that killshot.

James

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by James » 08 Jul 2019, 21:52

James already trying to get that CTE, leading with his head.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 08 Jul 2019, 23:33

"Where you going, rook?"

James turned around in the middle of the school parking lot, adjusting his gym bag that hung over his left shoulder.

"We eat as a family over here on Friday's," coach Marcus waved him over from his car.

"Oh yeah," Iman tussled James' hair, "Forgot you're with us now."

"Is that right?"

"TGI on coach," Tyler laughed as he jumped into the back of coach Marcus' truck along with two other underclassmen.

The rest of the upperclassmen that had cars got into their respective vehicles with their friends tagging along as was the case with Iman and James. James got into the passenger side and didn't hesitate before pulling out a pre-rolled blunt.

"Put that shit away," Iman quickly shot down the idea of a quick smoke session, "Save that shit for later man."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah," Iman shook his head, "Besides, I think Jessica or Jennifer...one of them white bitches from the Hills that Leon be fucking is throwing a party tonight and we're going to slide."

"We are?"

"Whichever white bitch, Jessica or Jennifer, I be seeing her Instagram with that Skylar girl I was talking to you about."

"You're not fucking a girl named Skylar," James teased Iman as he pulled out his phone to see exactly who he was talking about.

"It's not as crazy as you think it is," coach Marcus kept telling his players, "I know you guys think it's just a bunch of white girls fucking and sucking and threesomes and all that shit from that Blue Mountain show but it's not."

"You're killing me coach," Tyler groaned as he ate another fry.

"Don't get me wrong," he re-assured the depleted group of horny teenage boys, "It's a lot of attractive girls that are experimenting and they're definitely more willing but at the end of the day bro, you only have 24 hours in the day. You spent more than half of that sleeping and eating and in practice and the other half you have to balance being in school and just trying to get through the day."

"Craziest campus you went to?"

"Florida State," coach Marcus said with no hesitation, "My visit was fucking crazy and my dad for the first time didn't go with me, my mom did. Which sounds awful but get this, my mom taps out at around nine o'clock every night. She's not energetic like my dad, coaching y'all all damn day and just being this damn energizer bunny. He would be up the whole trip but moms? Mom is going to sleep in her own hotel room and leaving me alone on campus and let me tell you, Florida State gives it up."

"How come you didn't go there?" James asked, drinking the last of his sweet tea.

"Did you ever hear of a guy named, I don't know, Jameis Winston?"

"True that," James laughed.

"Deondre ended up committing to them in my class so they essentially told me not to come without actually pulling my offer. My second choice since all the LA schools pretty much already had their guys on campus was Oklahoma. They still had Trevor Knight, don't know if y'all remember him but he went off against Alabama. He's a redshirt sophomore about to be a junior so I'm like bet, let me go to Oklahoma, sit behind him for a year, redshirt and then win the job right? They promised me they wouldn't take on another quarterback in my class and they didn't. The year before, Baker had transferred."

"Oh shit," James chimed in once again, getting a laugh from the group.

"Never even sniffed the field," coach Marcus joined in on the laughter.

"Did you know like right away?" Iman asked.

"Definitely," coach Marcus nodded, "By the time I even got to campus, everyone knew he was going to win the job against Trevor. I wanted to transfer that summer but my dad wouldn't let me, he said give it a semester. I went home for winter break and just never came back, my mom convinced him to let me stay and I enrolled at Long Beach without even getting my stuff from Norman."

"I bet that shit a whole lot different than OU," Trey shook his head.

"You're telling me?" coach Marcus scoffed, "That shit was humbling man."

"I think it's this house," Iman tapped James on the shoulder, waking him out of his slumber.

James was running on very few hours of sleep, barely getting enough each night to give him enough energy to go through an entire day of camp. He certainly did not have enough in the tank to battle LA traffic and now a party in the Hills.

Wearing a borrowed t-shirt from Iman that was way too small for his six-two, 207-pound frame, James gingerly walked out of the car and let out a loud yawn that was followed by a stretch.

Iman fit right in with the hipster crowd that was spilling in and out of the two-story, glass window house that overlooked the Simi Hills. They made their way inside the house and thanks for their athletic look, there wasn't much questioning their presence or belonging.

"Imani! Hi, how are you?"

James watched as a petite, blonde girl with way too much makeup gave Iman -- or rather Imani -- a very long hug. She looked at James for a few seconds before returning her attention to Iman.

"Did you find the place easily?"

She didn't seem to care about any of the last two questions she asked him as she quickly kept leading him -- and by extension James -- towards the back of the house. The crowd fizzled out once they reached a terrace that was directly underneath was seemed to be a second-story pool that. The gluttony of wealth that was on display was one of the reasons that James always avoided parties at the Hills.

"Is your friend okay?" she asked, loud enough that James could clear hear her.

"I'm fine," James leaned in, "Nice to meet you by the way."

"I'm sorry," she said with an annoyingly high-pitched voice, "I think it's the alcohol. Vodka Jessica is what they call me."

"I'm James," he said with a smile, "Just James but my friends call me Jimmy. You can't call me Jimmy."

"He's funny," Jessica said to Iman as he punched James' shoulder, "Heather, Skyler, the boys are here."

Jessica continued to lead them down the terrace and into a backyard that was fenced off from the rest of the hills. There they found a few people hanging around a picnic table, chief among them Jalen and Leon.

"What's up, jit?" James greeted them, dapping each of them up as he took a seat, "I'm sorry for knocking your ass out like that by the way."

"Here we go," Jalen laughed, "You're never going to let me live that down, huh?"

"You can win all the Heisman you want and I'm still bringing up that shit."

"Are you the big bully of the pack? I thought that was Leon," asked one of the girls. She was a redhead and James quickly identified her as the chatty, ugly friend of the group.

"Leon's the shooter," James corrected her, "I wouldn't say I'm the bully though, I'm more like the debt collector."

"Sounds hot," said another one of the girls, raising her eyebrow, "I'm Skylar."

"I'm James," James raised his hand.

"Sorry," the redhead took a sip of her drink, "I'm Kat."

"Gia," said a brunette.

"Cassie," said the blonde that looked eerily similar to Jessica to the point that James almost mixed them up.

"This feels a lot like middle school," said the last girl with a deadpan tone. She was a bit on the heavy side -- a lot actually -- but sported a pretty face.

"She's Lexi," Jessica rolled her eyes.

"That's great and all but I'm not going to remember any of your names. Unless you give me a reason to."

"He's funny," Skylar said as some of the girls also laughed, "You're the comedian, huh?"

"I told you already," James said with a confident smile, "I'm a debt collector."

"I'd like to be in your debt then," Skylar shot right back.

"You better hit those streets then."

The joke got more of a laugh out of the guys did this time although it managed to make Lexi crack a smile.

"So are you a pimp or a debt collector?" asked Kat.

"What's the difference?" James pulled out the blunt he had been saving all night.

"Damn," Skylar said as she fixated her eyes on James, "I might fuck him tonight, girls. Already calling it."

After getting the jokes flowing and passing the blunt around a few times, James took more of a backseat. For one, being the life of the party was exhausting and he didn't feel like entertaining a bunch of rich kids all night. He also focused more on setting some easy lobs for his teammates. Gia had a thing for Leon -- James could tell right away -- and Jalen was all over Kat for some odd reason who didn't seem to mind the attention. Skylar was....well, open for business but he slowly shifted her attention towards Iman, who was always a little shy around the fairer sex.

James was happy just rolling yet another blunt and enjoying this one almost all to himself. The duos had started to slowly splinter off into different sections of the party and Jessica had gone back to being host leaving just Skylar, Cassie and Lexie on the picnic table with Iman and James. The conversations were starting to die down and James was getting frustrated on Iman's behalf that he wasn't able to close what should have been a layup.

"I don't feel too good," Skylar broke what had been quite an elongated silence.

Without warning -- other than her previous words which should have been warning -- she lunged towards the bushes but did not make it there before she keeled over and started throwing up.

"Oh my god," yelled Cassie as she went over and grabbed her hair, "Girl, you are a fucking mess right now."

"Bitch can't hang," joked Lexie, one of the few words out of her mouth all night. James respected her sneaky sense of humor.

"Is she okay?" asked Iman who quickly came to her aide and joined Cassie.

"I'm fine," she mustered up before vomiting some more.

"There's a bathroom upstairs," Cassie told the group, "Help me get her up there."

James shook his head, finishing off the last of his blunt before handing it off to Lexie. She gave him a lingering look before also getting up and accompanying them as they went back up to the terrace and entered one of the guest rooms.

"This shit is nice," commented James, taking a look at the room as his attention shifted elsewhere.

"They have like three of these on this floor alone," Lexie scoffed, "And her dad has an apartment downtown next to his office in case the traffic is bad."

"I bet traffic is bad all the time," James laughed as he exited the room and entered yet another, where Lexie also followed him.

"She's still throwing up," Iman caught up to them, "Cassie is going to stay with her, get her an Uber or something."

"Sorry," James let out a chuckle, "Better than catching a charge, huh?"

"Ahh, I get it now. You guys are good," Lexie smiled as she shifted her glare from James and to Iman.

"What you mean?" Iman asked, genuinely puzzled.

"You had your eyes on Skylar from the beginning," she explained as she pointed at Iman and then towards James, "Which is why you didn't fuck her because she wanted to fuck you, honey, let me tell you. She said it in the group chat, even wanted to place a bet on whether or not you'd be able to squirt. She mostly fucks black guys but this one white guy made her squirt so now she's totally into white guys now."

"Good to know, I guess?" James laughed nervously, a little bit uncomfortable with the current situation.

"I've only fucked white guys," Lexi shrugged, "Although, it was always a fantasy of mine to do the swirl. I'm a swirl baby myself so, you know."

"What's a...."

"Don't ask bro," James interrupted, barely able to contain himself from busting out laughing.

"Interracial," Lexi explained, "Except I'm both so like if I fuck a white guy, is it really a swirl? And if I fuck a black guy, is that a swirl? Now if I do both...."

"Stop playing," James continued to laugh as he looked at Iman who still had no clue what was going on.

"Are you?"

James lowered his head and ran his thumb across his lower lip, keeping eye contact with Lexi the whole time. He had hoped that his bullshit meter would go off any second but it didn't so he approached her very slowly. He placed his right hand on her chest and very slowly moved it towards her shoulder, taking off her left shoulder strap. He did the same with her right shoulder strap. She moved her hips around until the dress started falling off her body, revealing that she wasn't wearing a bra for this occasion.

Iman took a few steps back and closed the door. By the time he turned around, James had thrown Lexi onto the bed and started unbuckling his belt.

"I got dibs," he said with a laugh.

"I'm way too high to be driving man," Iman let out a giddy laugh as they finally pulled up to James' house.

James looked outside the car window and the house lights were still on even though it was almost three a.m. He weighed his options.

"Can you drop me off at my girl's?"

"Nigga, tonight?"

"My fault," James explained, "I forgot to tell you when we was driving, I got you on gas money or anything."

"It's not about that bro," Iman laughed, "We just flipped this bitch and you're going to your girl's house the same fucking night my nigga?"

"You making it hot," James himself couldn't help but laugh, "That's fucked up when you say it like that."

"This cannot become a habit," Beck whispered to James as they finally made it to the last step of the house.

"You the one making all that noise," James answered once they reached the confines of her room, throwing his bag into her closet.

He quickly took his shirt off, almost positive that it probably had some remnants of make up or women's perfume on there.

"How was the party?"

"It was straight," James shrugged as he gave her a kiss and got on the bed, "Iman finally got some pussy, man. Spent all fucking night helping him out, shit, barely had time to do anything else."

"Your breathe smells like cognac so I doubt that's true," she shot back.

"How else I'm going to help him if I'm not partaking? Those were purely wing man shots."

"What the fuck are you doing?" Beck tapped James on the shoulder.

"Going to sleep?" he said, unsure of her question.

"I better get some drunk dick after all I just went through to get you here," she said as she started taking the covers off of him.

djp73

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by djp73 » 09 Jul 2019, 13:48

definitely painting a picture here, takes me back.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 09 Jul 2019, 21:21

James barged in through the door, stumbling in as he found the nearest empty desk and plopped himself down before pointing to the clock.

"What the fuck?" he said as he looked around to see just a bunch of confused faces, "Where's coach?"

"He's not here yet," said one of the sleepy eyed freshman.

"No shit," James shot back as he caught his breath, "I did all this damn rushing and got here before them?"

"I tried calling you this morning," Iman got up and moved to the seat next to James as the rest of the team kept their eyes glued to their phone or laid their head against their desk.

"My shit dead," James held up his phone with a blank screen, "I was going to tell you to come pick me up too, fucked my shit all the way up."

"You ain't hear?" Noah also got up and sat on James' desk, getting a bit too much into his personal space.

"Hear what?" James asked.

Just as Noah was about to open his mouth, coach Wiley swung the door open and the rest of the coaching staff followed, including coach Collins.

"Everybody take a seat," coach Collins instructed, sending Noah scurrying back to his seat. James turned around and shrugged towards Noah.

"We're mixing it up today," coach Collins ordered, "No team meetings this morning. We have a walk-thru in about ten minutes, helmets only. After that, it's positions, we break and then we're going live all afternoon. See you boys in ten."

"Jalen ain't here man," Iman whispered to James, barely audible amidst the commotion.

James milled around among the rest of the secondary, keeping his hand tucked into the waistband of his pants as he was prone to do. He examined the field, particularly where Jalen would be warming up with coach Butler. Instead, that northwest section of the field was completely empty. Coach Butler was with coach Collins, where he had been throughout the duration of the team going through some light conditioning.

James was skeptical of the whispers and rumors that were quickly circulating throughout the team. Some claimed to see moving boxes, others claim to have friends that saw him at their facilities on the weekend.

"Last I saw him, he was about to knock this girl's head off."

"How was that girl?" James asked Leon, who had made his way towards the pack of defensive backs as the team awaited instructions from the coaching staff.

"Who? Gia?"

"I don't remember her fucking name," James laughed, "All them bitches looked the same to me after a while."

"She was some mid," he chuckled, "I heard some wild shit about you, though."

"Listen up!" coach Collins once again interrupted a conversation, "We got group! Offense up here, defense down there, no walking!"

"James, you're with us."

"Spread 22 left, jet 21 dive."

Coach Butler was very methodical as he relayed the play to James who nodded his head along the way before walking into the huddle.

"Bitches," James joked as he got in the huddle, "Spread 12 left jet 21 dive left on one, on one."

"That doesn't make sense," Reginald interjected, the shifty sophomore slot receiver.

"Just fucking run it," James shot back, "Ready, ready..."

"BREAK!"

The team lined up in a shotgun formation with Jason to James' left and Reginald in the slot to his right. It wasn't long before coach Butler blew his whistle.

"Goddamn it! Reggie! You're on the left, it's 22 left!"

"My fault," James raised his hand up, "I said 12 instead of 22."

"This is like day one stuff," coach Collins scoffed as he walked away.

"Run it again," coach Butler commanded, "Correctly this time, please!"

"God help us if Jalen gets hurt," coach Collins muttered, drawing a raised eyebrow underneath everyone's helmet. Maybe the rumors were unfounded after all.

"Green 80! Green 80....set...hut!"

The ball was snapped and James took a drop step before firing a bullet across his body to Jason in the flats who made two defenders miss before the whistle was blown.

James hurried the offense to the line of scrimmage, "Red! Red! Red!"

As soon as his receivers were set, James clapped his signal to signal to the center that he was ready for the snap. Within seconds, the junior snapped the ball and they were off to the races. James stuck the ball into Jason's belly, riding him all the way until the defensive end had no choice but to cave in before pulling the ball out and heading towards the sideline. Once in space, James turned up field untouched before the whistle was blown.

"Hurry! Hurry!" coach Butler yelled from the sidelines.

James was out of breath as he walked back to the new line of scrimmage.

"Get your ass in there!" coach Collins barked.

James picked up a slow jog, holding up the number five in his hands. "Fire! Fire! Fire!"

He finally made it back behind the center and once again, he clapped his hands and received the snap. It was a low one, which caused James' eyes to drop to the grass as he went to pick the ball up. Once he got up, he saw a defensive lineman's hand flash his face, causing him to roll right out of the pocket. He kept rolling before firing a pass off his back foot into the endzone which was promptly intercepted by Iman.

James just hung his head as the rest of the defense elated into celebration, knowing that they were sparred from running after practice.

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 09 Jul 2019, 22:57

Went from a train to an interception. Rough 48 hours.

djp73

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by djp73 » 10 Jul 2019, 07:51

Where Jalen at?

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 10 Jul 2019, 11:16

"Get your ass back on the line," coach Butler barked out, letting the whistle bounce on his bottom lip.

James sluggishly walked up and placed his foot on the white line, lowering his head as he watched the sweat drops fall onto his knee. The whistle blew and he took off once more, pumping his arms for the first few yards before going into a long stride. He started pulling up once he got closer to that magical yellow line as he shifted into more of a jog for the last few yards.

"Through the line," coach Butler instructed as James walked the 100-meters back, bending over at the waist before quickly standing straight up, "There's no air down there, Jackson."

"Yes, sir."

The whistle blew, blew and blew some more over the next hour. The coaching staff had been mum on the situation with Jalen, dismissing it as a family issue. If nothing else, the newfound attention that coach Butler was giving James was confirmation that the rumors were true but let coach Butler tell it, James was the team's only healthy varsity quarterback with junior Chase Grey rehabbing a dislocated shoulder and they needed a reliable backup once Jalen returned.

"You're a fat fuck," coach Butler let out a dry chuckle as James huffed and puffed his way through his last set, "You're only eating protein the size of your hand tonight."

"You and that girl were so cute."

"Thanks, Mrs. Butler."

James quickly returned his attention to his plate as he continued to cut into his porkchops, savorying every last piece and morcel as he stuffed his face.

"How is she doing, by the way?"

"She's doing good," James wiped his mouth with his sleeve, "She starts school in a few weeks so excited about that?"

"UC Irivine, right?" coach Butler asked with barely a hint of geniune interest in his voice.

James nodded, taking another bite of his porkchops which had quickly dissapeared.

"There's some more if you want some," she stated, pointing back to the kitchen.

"I'm good," James swallowed the last piece as he could feel the judging eyes of coach Butler, "Thank you, ma'am."

"You're making me feel old," she said as she got up and grabbed James' plate, "You staying the night?"

"I better get going actually," James pulled out his phone and noticed how late it was. There was no guarantee that his couch of a bed was still unoccuppied the later into the night it was.

"I'll take you," coach Butler said as he finished the rest of his drink with a single gulp, drawing a glaring look from his wife.

"You sure you're okay to drive? You had quite a few tonight," Mrs. Butler raised her eyebrows as she dissapeared into the kitchen.

"I'm fine," coach Butler spat back, "Come on, let's get going."

"Thanks for dinner," James said towards the kitchen.

"Come back soon," Mrs. Butler popped her out of the kitchen before dissapearing again.

The duo made their way out of the house and back into the car, where they rode in silence for the first few minutes. James kept looking over at coach Butler, also doubting whether he was fit to be driving.

"Have you heard from Jalen?"

James was taken aback. He had not dared bring the subject up in private with coach Butler or really any of the coaches.

"Not really," James shrugged.

He honestly hadn't and neither did anyone on the team. Despite being at Long Beach Poly for the last year, Jalen had made few friends and the prodigal quarterback kept to himself, mingling mainly with members of the girl's volley-ball team.

"We went to his house last night," coach Butler explained, "His dad had a brand new truck, you know?"

"You know what that means," James scoffed.

"He'll be back," coach Butler nodded, "Right now, they're giving him the red carpet treatment. He'll be back, watch. He's just going to dry them out, like they did with us, and he'll be back. His mom wants him here and that's what matter, it always comes down to the woman. You don't want to live with an unhappy woman, trust me, I know. He'll be back."

"I hear you," James replied before placing his face up against the mirror, enjoying the coldness.