Explosions of Grandeur.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 17 Jul 2019, 16:09

djp73 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 15:09
James got a long way to go to get back in my good graces, we'll see.
Captain Canada wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 15:28
Karma a bitch huh, beat your girl, get your knee trampled on.
she was rattling off dudes she fucked behind his back. not saying it's ok. just saying i understand (chris rock voice)
James wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 16:02
Coach Butler the real MVP.
Coach Beezy.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 18 Jul 2019, 10:49

His breaths were short and heavy, his knees nonexistent as he stuck his mouthpiece to his lower face mask. Summer was long gone and signs of winter approaching were evident as James blew into his hands, fogging up his visor.

Despite knowing that this too shall pass, the rapid pace of James' heartbeat worried him. He shifted his weight at the hip, leaning more and more on his right leg before he completely lowered his right arm until it touched the top of his ankle before springing back up. He ran his hand alongside the bulky knee brace that was bulging out of his pants.

“Oh say can you see........”

Just like clockwork, James felt at home. His body relaxed and all of his muscles were no longer tensed besides the ones that forged a smile on his face. He was at home. He was at peace.

"The kick goes into the end zone and out comes the Poly offense, already trailing 7-0."

"James Jackson in the gun and it's a sweep to Iman Fuller who picks up three yards. Jackson wearing that brace on his right knee, interesting to see if the mobile Jackson is affected by it."

"Jackson drops back for his first pass and it's a quick dump off to Iman Fuller who makes a man miss, gets a block, bounced to the outside and he's going to be pushed out of bounds at the 43, gain of 23 yards."

"A lot of Fuller this game as he picks up another nine yards."

"Jackson fires and it sails out of bounds, third and one."

"Third and one here at the 34-yard line, this is typically Touchdown Jimmy territory but with that knee injury, you have to wonder if they're going to run him."

"Not in the first quarter, you protect him here."

"They do just that as they hand it off to Fuller who picks up enough for the first down and some."

"Busy day for the Arizona commit. He's shown a lot of promise as a running back this season after earning his coins the last few seasons as a shutdown corner."

"Sumlin is getting a good one."

"Direct snap to Fuller in the wildcat and he hands it off to Reginald Dominguez who cuts back, finds a gap and he's going to explode for a first down and he's still on his feet and he's going to score!"

"McRae dives into the endzone and Serra Catholic gets their second touchdown on their second drive."

"Jackson plants and he's got Landing on the outside for a quick gain of nine."

"Jackson play fakes, looks across the middle, let's it rip and he's got Austin White got is dragged down at the 41-yard line."

"Jackson tosses it to Fuller who picks up a few yards, down at the 29.

"Jackson scrambles and he's going to side down after a pick up of seven yards."

"He looked pretty good there."

"Jackson throws it up to Baker who brings it down for the touchdown! Two drives, two touchdowns for both teams."

"Fisher breaks away and finds himself in the endzone for the third time today!"

".....Fuller's at the 40....the 30....goodbye folks, touchdown! Four touchdowns in the first quarter!"

"Henning squeezes in for six!"

"Jackson goes over the top....touchdown! White snatches the ball out of the defender's grasp and shows why a lot of folks are drooling over the upstart tight end!"

"Pass interference, defense, number 1, 15-yard penalty, automatic first down."

"After that penalty on Fuller, they go right back at him and Cedric McDonald gets the touchdown."

"Jackson looks left, goes back to his right and he's going to dump it off to Fuller who makes a cut inside and the ball is loose! Fumble! Fumble!"

James groaned as he saw the ball pop out of Iman's armpit and into the air. The offense was now clicking, on pace to score 28 points in a single quarter. The pain in James' knee had subdued and he was finding his rhythm.

The ball bounced around before a safety came screaming from the secondary and picked it up. James took a deep breathe before taking chase, pumping his arms as hard as he could as he zeroed in on his target. He found himself missing his brief days as a safety as he found himself salivating the contact.

"Oh my! What a hit! Moore's going to stroll into the endzone after that brutal block on James Jackson who is writhing in pain.

James got decleated, literally. He had planted his right knee on the ground as he braced for the contact once he saw a linebacker flash his face. His leg stayed planted while his entire upper body went to the left before he stumbled to the ground.

"Fuck!"

This was worse than last week. Compared to right now, last week was just a bee sting.

"I'm good," James shoved the trainers off him once he saw the extra point go through, "Where's my helmet?"

"Jackson!" shouted the head trainer but by then, James had already found the object of his pursuit and was jogging to the field.

"Jackson finds Dominguez up the seam for a gain of 14."

"Jackson drop backs and it's a strike to Landing at the 43-yard line."

"Jackson drops back again, finds White and that's a touchdown!"

"Fuller jumps the slant and he says he's got it! Interception! Poly football!"

"Jackson with the quick out to Landing, they love that route. A gain of seven."

"Jackson goes deep this time and he's got Baker! The 30....20...10...breaks the tackle and he's going to stumble into the endzone! Poly takes the lead!"

James' plopped down on the first seat that he saw, letting his head hang backwards as the other players started spilling him The offense had scored 35 points and yet were only up four points. The pain in James' right knee was now throbbing as the adrenaline was starting to rush off.

"I just need thirty minutes," coach Butler took a knee next to his senior quarterback.

"I got you," James smiled through a grimace as the eye-black on his face was almost completely faded and melting, "Don't you dare take me off that fucking field."

"Jackson goes to his left and he's got Dominguez for a gain of sixteen after a few yards after the catch."

"Jackson back to Dominguez and the defense needs help getting their hands on him as he wiggles his way to the 44-yard line."

"Jackson keeps it and he's going to slide down after five yards, the slowest five yards of his life."

"Jackson goes to Baker and he drops the would be touchdown in the end zone!"

"Baker brings it in this time, gain of five to bring up third and five."

"Jackson wants it all.....got it! Touchdown! Jackson goes back to Baker and this time he dives for the ball and gets the 31-yard touchdown."

"Parker gets his hands in there and forces the in-completion, fourth down coming for Serra Catholic."

"Jackson fakes the screen to his left, looks right, cocks back and Landing is wide open and he's going to literally walk in for the touchdown."

"Fuller dives forward for a gain of five."

"Fuller stopped at the line of scrimmage."

"Jackson completes the quick strike to Baker for the first down."

"Jackson goes to Baker on the out-route, gain of eleven."

"Jackson finds White at the 20-yard line."

James kept making a circle with his right index finger, picking up speed as he looked to the sidelines. The offense was clicking and he wanted to pounce on a tired Lions defense. The third quarter was almost over and Poly had extended their lead to seventeen but given that Serra Catholic had scored 28 points in the first quarter, the lead didn't feel safe.

Frustrated by the speed at which coach Butler was deciding on the next play, James started barking orders.

"Red! Red! Hurry! Hurry! Red! Red!"

The offense obliged and lined up, with Iman slowly taking his place to James' left.

"Ready! Ready! Green 80! Green 80...set....hut!"

The ball reached James' hand and he tucked it in Iman's belly, keeping his eyes fixated on the unblocked linebacker at the end of the line. As expected, the linebacker crashed in as he had done all game. James pulled the ball out and planted his left leg to spring himself forward.

He broke the line of scrimmage untouched and found himself gaining momentum. He had settled for a few yards here and there throughout the game on the ground but for the first time, he felt like his old self.

The corner broke free from his blocker and James made himself skinny to run past him, slightly turning his shoulder to the inside. The defender managed to get a hold of the back of James' jersey, pulling him down to the ground awkwardly.

James quickly popped back up, mainly out of fear of the oncoming pain. And then it came.

"Fuck," he muttered to himself as he gingerly walked to the huddle, the ball still in his hand.

"I need the ball, seven!" yelled the head official before James tossed him the ball, not even bothering to look to see if it got to him.

"You good, bro?" Iman placed his hand on James' back as James was now leaning over, groaning.

"Coach!" one of the lineman yelled to the sidelined.

"Get in the fucking huddle," James barked as he stood up straight, catching his breath.

"James."

James turned around and saw Chase towering over him, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Get the fuck out," James said before he turned his attention back to the huddle but Chase didn't move, "Get out!"

James shoved Chase, sending the quarterback walking back to the sidelines with his arms raised.

"Like I was saying," James smiled, "Let's finish this fucking drive."

"Fuller up the middle for a gain of four as Jackson stays in the game."

"Jackson looks to his left and goes up top again.....touchdown!"

James could barely walk off the field, needing the help of Iman so that he could reach the sidelines. He took his helmet off, throwing it to the ground before joining it.

"You stupid bitch," coach Butler shook his head as he greeted James, "I fucking love you, you know that?"

"I told you not to pull me," James smiled as he rolled himself to a sitting up position, "You can bring Chase in now."

"Nah," coach Butler shook his head, "You got this big boy, right?"

"Fuck you," James laughed, "Are you going to help me up?"

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Jul 2019, 12:58

This man came out here slinging huh?

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 18 Jul 2019, 14:16

"When did I bruise my rib?"

"You tell me," Dr. Ruiz rolled away in his rolling chair before shooting coach Butler a look, "Should I be entering him in the concussion protocol?"

"He's just an idiot," coach Butler scoffed, "I'm not even sure his baseline test would pass a concussion test to begin with."

"The knee looks fine. Well, not fine, just not any worse than it was last week."

"Am I cleared?"

Dr. Ruiz looked at coach Butler and then James, "Would you guys even allow me to answer no?"

"I'm going to hang on for dear life. Fuck you mean what's my plan? What would be your plan, bitch?"

"Be a man," James took a hard swallow to finish off the biscuit, "That'd be a good place to start."

"Jordan's probably going to cover him anyway," Iman shrugged.

"How are you going to set him up like that?"

"He's taller than me," Iman defended himself, "Covering St. Brown isn't exactly going to be easy, either."

"Cover McCoy if you're a real man," Cam took a bite of his chicken wings, "That motherfucker is almost as big as me."

They continued to take turns mocking each other of the upcoming slaughter that was Mater Dei, the undefeated powerhouses out of Santa Ana that were the number-one ranked team nationally. The target of mockery was now Iman having to deal with their two five-star receivers in Bru McCoy and Amon Ra St. Brown. They had beaten two other nationally ranked teams in Bosco and Bishop Gorman with relative ease and Poly was nothing but another short hurdle on their quest to a national championship. While publicly Iman and Cam were the first among the captains to rally the team to be upset-minded as they faced off against the Monarchs, privately among each other, they knew that they were running into an unmovable object.

"You're playing this week?" Iman changed the subject. He wanted to take a crack at both McCoy and St. Brown but knew better.

"Why wouldn't I?" James shot the question down, "Of course. I'm good as new."

"Be as good as J.T. please," Cam laughed, referring to Mater Dei's five-star quarterback and USC bound J.T. Daniels. The senior won the Gatorade Football Player of the Year and then later the Male Athlete of the Year award after passing for 4,123 yards and scoring 61 touchdowns, leading his team to a 15-0 record and a consensus high school football national championship all as a junior.

"I'd be up in Calabasas if I was as good as J.T.," James teased, "On the bright side, you'd still have Jalen so that's not too bad."

The Calabasas Four, as they became known within the locker room, had put together a mixed bag of a season at the school up north. Leon and Jalen excelled while Jason saw less carries and saw his spot as a five-star recruit slid down to a four-star, rushing for less than 1,000-yards. He still managed to score eleven touchdowns which was more than the amount of catches Noah had. The promising junior fell out of favor rather quickly and saw himself being used primarily on special teams. Nevertheless, they found themselves in the playoffs and won their first game last week as well.

"I wish they were in our division," Iman shook his head.

"I don't," James let out a chuckle, "What? I don't want smoke with them boys, no thanks. Mater Dei is enough of a challenge."

"I would have cooked you something," Naomi open the fridge door and bent over, revealing sides of her that James hadn't seen or perhaps noticed, "You typically ain't home so early."

"It's fine," he said as he took a seat in the kitchen, admiring the view.

"Your daddy didn't like this," she said as she pulled out a covered bowl, "It's got noodles, meatballs, some chicken, some pork, marinara."

"Sounds great."

"Y'all are totally different," she said with a smile as she placed it in the microwave, "He's as picky of an eater as I've ever ran across.

James couldn't stop his mind from going in the gutter, forcing him to smile.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," James tried to think of a lie, "I just never sat and thought about how me and him are alike."

"Y'all aren't close now," she sat down, "But watch, once you're a little older, you're going to want to spend time with him and he's going to want to spend time with you."

"I don't know about that."

"I do," she shook her head, "I would kill to have just five minutes with my boy."

They sat in silence for a while until the beeping sound of the microwave broke it. She got up and dumped the contents of the bowl into a plate before giving it to

"Thanks. Where is he?"

"I might as well ask you that," she laughed, although there wasn't much humor in her voice, "I haven't heard from him in almost five years now."

"I'm sorry," James said, unsure of what to say -- if anything.

"Yeah," she stared into the distance, "Hell, it's why I came out here for. Last I heard from him -- or rather that little girlfriend of his -- they was on their way to Los Angeles. I figured I get out there and.....I don't know what I thought."

"You're still looking?"

"Life just sort of gets in the way of things. You'll see when you get older, life ain't as simple as just getting up and doing what you want to do. I'm sure your momma has b..."

"Sure," James interrupted her as he got up, "Thanks for the food."

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Jul 2019, 17:41

Interesting to see James' family life opening up a little more.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 22 Jul 2019, 09:04

James kept tugging at his pants, pulling them up before inevitably pulling them back down. He shifted his weight around in his pads, adjusting and re-adjusting his shoulder pads over and over again. He stretched out his neck, taking his helmet off before putting it back on, letting it rest on his head.

Uncomfortable would be the worst most fit to describe James' night. Mater Dei had jumped out to a 20-0 lead, as many expected, halfway through the second quarter. The Monarchs were quick to shut down Poly's running attack which was even more elementary without the threat of James' running the ball. Iman's busy night on defense had forced him to split carries with sophomore T.C. Albano who was held to 5 yards on thirteen carries. They were then able to take turns laying devastating shot after devastating shots on James with their defensive ends ear's pulled all the way back.

"We just need points," coach Butler pleaded to his offense as Iman fair-caught the kick, "Just give us some points and we'll go from there."

"Come on, boys. You don't want the bitches to see y'all getting shut out," James cracked a smile in the huddle, "Let's get in that end zone and I want the entire offense down there when we score, fucking yelling and going crazy. Matter of fact, I'm going to you Cam all drive against that St. Brown kid. Tyler, make the fucking plays when I go to you. Noah, you know the vibes and Austin, you're my reliable white target, remember that. Offensive line, it starts with y'all fat fucks. Let's have some fucking fun, okay?"

"Jackson scrambles to his right and fires a dot to Landing before he's pushed out of bounds."

"Jackson steps up...fires....completes the deep pass to Baker and the Poly offense is finally moving."

"Jackson goes across the middle and Landing comes down with it."

"Jackson rolls to his right, looks to his left and he's got Albano in the flats who makes a man miss and picks up the first down."

"Jackson throws it into the end-zone.....touchdown! Baker comes down with it and Poly scores!"

James took his mouthpiece out and let out a deep breath, silencing the crowd around him as he closed his eyes. He felt several of his teammates pat him on the back, rather aggressively, before their footsteps stomped away. A smile overtook his face as he opened his eyes and saw the offense streaking down the field into the end zone.

"Let's fucking go!" James screamed as he took chase on one good knee before jumping onto one of his lineman's back once he reached the end-zone.

"That's what I'm fucking talking about!"

"Touchdown Jimmy!" Tyler exclaimed as he hugged James, "I'm going to miss you, bro."

"We're not done yet," James shook his head as he started to walk to the sidelines, "Let's ride this bitch until the wheels fall off, you hur' me?"

"Make sure to speak into the microphone."

James simply nodded as he once again let his head lay down on the table, taking a deep sigh as he felt his body start to sink into the chair. It wasn't more than a few seconds before the same voice called out to him again.

"Yes?"

"Can you not do that?" Sean said, "Every time you do that, the mic picks it up and we're still figuring out the audio. Thanks."

The fact that he said 'thanks' before James even had a chance to reply irritated him but even James himself knew that the nasally pod-caster wasn't the source of his frustration. It was the throbbing headache that seemed to rest directly behind his eye socket and was quickly spreading throughout his head. He could think of a million more ways he'd rather spend his Sunday morning, just two days after a very physical game.

James took a sip of water, hoping it would be a cure-all.

"Ready?"

"Yes," James responded this time, sitting up.

"Welcome to The Third Half podcast, I'm your host Sean Jenkins and we're joined today by a pretty special player, I might say. Moore League champion, Moore League Offensive Player of the Year and one of our sleeper picks this year, Long Beach Poly senior quarterback James Jackson. Welcome, James."

"Happy to be here," James smiled, hoping that by changing his facial expression, he would be able to convey a similar attitude through the audio.

"Tough loss for you and your team last weekend, losing to Mater Dei 55 to 13."

"Definitely," James clinched his teeth at the sound of score, "They're a good team, a great team -- probably the best team I've ever seen -- so we knew it'd be a challenge going in and it definitely was."

"At least you can heal up over some turkey, this week. Any big Thanksgiving plans? Visiting family?"

"Something like that."

"By next year, you'll be having Thanksgiving away from your family it seems like. From all the rumor mills and forums, it seems that you're headed to a certain school up north."

"Yes, I will be committing to Fresno State, I am committed to Fresno State."

"Congratulations, James. What made you choose Fresno State?"

"My relationship with coach DeBoer, really. We have a good rapport and he was the first coach to really sort of trust me, believe in me."

"How'd you like the campus?"

"Haven't been there yet but I'm scheduled to visit them this week."

"Boise State, should be a great turnout. What were some of your other offers?"

"Nothing really," James shrugged, "Nothing like Fresno. Ventura was one, I had Laney College, Azusa College, Long Beach obviously, East Mississippi Community College, Delta, a few ot..."

"Make that an edit point," Sean looked back towards his producer that was sitting near the kitchen in their makeshift studio, "Let's shift towards this season or rather at the beginning of this season. You've sat behind Brandon McCarthy for three years, he's headed to Stanford and was a great quarterback for you guys, four-star recruit coming out. You're now the backup to Jalen Hightower who had offers from UCLA, USC, Ohio State and Clemson as a sophomore with no in-game reps. What's your mindset at that point?"

"Just compete, really. I didn't really have much of another option."

"Transferring is an option."

"To me, that's weak. To be apart of a program and then just transfer? I couldn't do that. It's not in my nature, not in my build."

"Speaking of just that, Jalen and a few other guys end up transferring, you're now the starter. Were you happy? Upset? Put me in that locker room, man."

"I think we all were a bit pissed off, I'd admit it. We felt like they left us and they did, shout out to them for doing what's best for them but we sort of looked at it like we're going to do what's best for us now and that's compete."

"You guys have had a talented group of guys come out of Poly at the quarterback position the last few years. Marcus Wiley Jr., Brandon, yourself and Jalen to some extent. Are you guys QB High and what do you attribute that success to?"

"Marcus was a beast and I got to see Brandon up close so with those two guys alone I would say yes, at least regionally. As far as the success, that's all coach Butler. He's a great coach, a great play-caller and he really got me ready for this season."

"I need two predictions from you before I let you go. Who wins state and whose the starting quarterback at Poly next season?"

"I'm going with Mater Dei and as far who is QB1, I'm going to shock some people and go with Brian, he's going to shock some people."

"The McCarthy tradition continues. Thanks for joining us, James. Best of luck."

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 22 Jul 2019, 11:14

"I told your ass to put me down on Minnesota!"

The whiff of sweet potato and turkey surprised James as he came in through the house, still sweating from the "light" workout that coach Marcus had put him through. The season had came and went but coach Marcus remained steadfast that James not sit on his ass, not even the first week of the off-season. Marcus had one of his buddies draw up a rehab plan for James' recovery and they got right on it before his eventual trip to Fresno by the end of the week.

"Detroit's going to come back and you're going to be happy I saved your ass," Rafa smiled, "What's up, Jimmy?"

"Chilling," James didn't make eye contact with either men as he kept walking straight towards the bathroom, dropping his bag by the couch.

"Pick your shit up man," Tim hurled at him, "The fuck wrong with you? Don't you see we got company?"

Rafa was hardly company.

"Quiet down," Naomi commanded from the kitchen, drawing a smile out of James. She had stuck around more than any of the others and was still finding her voice, literally.

"The boy don't got no manners," Tim sucked his teeth, "That's the problem with not making them go to the army anymore, they don't know how to act."

"Shut up," Rafa laughed, "You would have shot your own foot if you weren't such a pussy. I remember them conversations now, Timmy. You were scared out of your motherfucking ass, boy."

"Damn right I was," Tim joined in on the laughter, "At least I went though. You remember Jeff and them, right?"

The conversation quickly shifted away from James and he took advantage, jumping in the shower. By the time he got out, the two men were still discussing their brief stint in Vietnam while James had made his way towards the kitchen.

"I don't need no tasters," Naomi teased as soon as James started looking around.

"I'm just shocked," James scoffed as he looked at all of the food that was being prepared, "I can't remember the last time we had Thanksgiving here."

To be fair to his father, James never stuck around to found out. The last three years, he had spent Thanksgiving over at Brandon's and before that, Iman's house was the typical place you'd find James stuffing his face. Thankfully, he seemed to have stop growing and his appetite was slowly tapering off but those years at the McCarthy's and Fuller's, James would easily down three or four plates.

"Your daddy said the same thing," she shook her head, "Well things are different now although I hear you won't be eating my cooking for too long."

James raised his brow in confusion.

"Heard you're about to head off to college," she put down the spatula and faced James, "I'm really happy for you, James."

"Thanks," he looked at the ground, "I'm actually going up there to visit tomorrow."

"Football don't take holidays," she laughed, "But I'm used to it. See, I'm from Mississippi, Jackson that is. We take our football serious there, too."

"I bet," James nodded.

"You excited?"

"i guess," he shrugged. He had been on so many visits that weren't for him that he had forgotten that this one was all about him and he'd be by himself.

"Enjoy it," she smiled, "Now help me clean this up and make it look semi presentable."

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 23 Jul 2019, 09:47

"Cock it back."

James couldn't control the smile that was on his face as he was instructed to do another pose. He flexed out his biceps as he held the ball behind his ear, something he rarely did in an actual game. It wasn't his throwing mechanics that had gotten him here.

"Spin the ball in your hands."

James followed suit.

"No helmet this time."

The camera flashed a few more times before the photo shoot came to its eventual end.

"How does it feel?"

James stepped off the platform and exchanged one of many handshakes throughout the day with coach DeBoer. "I can't lie, it feels pretty damn good."

"I'd keep you in that jersey if it was up to me," coach DeBoer laughed, "Sneak your ass onto the bus tomorrow and dial up at least six package plays for you. I'm going to call your package NASCAR, I'm already drawing up plays."

"I can get used to that."

"We like Marcus," coach DeBoer said of his current starting quarterback, "We might not even red-shirt you next year, just have you come in and play a few snaps with your legs and than your sophomore season when he's gone, it's your job to lose. I'm serious."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Let's get some food into you," coach DeBoer tapped him on the back, "Get out of this and the guys will sort you out. I got to figure out a way to beat Boise State without you rushing for 50 yards."

James was escorted into the locker room where he got undressed and then the same caravan of a few student assistants led him to the dining hall where Marcus was awaiting for him. Marcus was the first one to greet him when James made it to campus, fresh off his first ever plane fight. James shadowed him throughout the day, even attending classes and eating lunch with the team before afternoon practice kicked in. James then watched from the sidelines before that caravan of student assistants gave him a proper tour of campus that ended with a photo-shoot.

"I hope they didn't wear your ass out," Marcus joked as he watched James devour his mash-up plate of a chicken sandwich, a slice of cheese pizza, rice and chicken.

"I'm just glad I get to crash at my hotel after this instead of worrying about learning the playbook or all that physics shit from earlier today," James took a hard swallow of his food.

"You're not going to not hotel," Marcus shake his head, "You're like the only recruit we've had come in without an overbearing mom or dad so we're going to do it up."

"I'm from Long Beach," James said with a smirk, "I'm used to this, I do this. Y'all not about to 'little boy' me."

"Say less, rook. Say less."

"Make it stop," James groaned as he rolled his body away from the window.

"We need to get you to the hotel," said KeeSean with a smirk as he pulled the covers off of James, revealing another slender body next to him, "Hey, Britt."

"I could have been naked," she said as she quickly grabbed the covers from KeeSean's hands.

She practically was.

"It's not like everyone in here ain't seen your nooks and crannies before," Marcus took a seat on the couch next to James' head, stroking his hair like you would a dog or a sick child, "Get up, Long Beach."

"Fuck you," James groaned as he quickly popped up, taking a look around the room. Brittany had gotten up and started to get dressed while KeeSean and Marcus were donned in their pre-game suit already. James ran his hand through the couch before he found his phone and checked for the time.

"We have team breakfast in like twenty minutes," Marcus told him as James slowly sat up, "You reek of rum, Henny and whiskey so get your ass in the shower and we'll drop you off at the hotel so the coaches can pick you up from there."

"Why don't I just go with you guys straight to the breakfast?"

"You're not having breakfast with us," KeeSean explained, "You're eating with the alumni base and some of the other local recruits on unofficials. You're not part of the team yet, Long Beach."

"Good luck today, boys." Brittany flashed a smile before quickly exiting the apartment.

"We didn't even tell her to fuck you," Marcus laughed, "We told Tara to fuck you."

"I know," James snickered as he got up, "So I got the layup out of the way early -- real classy like, face first into a sink -- and worked on her ass all night after that."

"You'e going to nut out early," KeeSean smiled as he shot Marcus a look, "Give him half a semester."

"What's nut out?" James asked.

"We're not the biggest school," Marcus started off, "So there's only so many girls here on campus and they all know each other, somehow."

"They all do," KeeSean nodded in agreement."

"Nutting out is like say because you fucked both Tara and Brittany, you pretty much just eliminated all of her friends from your pool of potential candidates. You have to be selective, pick your spots."

"Hard to do that when I'm fucking shit faced by nine," James said in his defense, "'Y'all motherfuckers do this shit regularly?"

"Almost every Friday," Marcus shrugged, "You ready for Fresno, Long Beach?"

"I'll be ready," James scoffed as he started to walk towards the shower, "I'll be ready."

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 23 Jul 2019, 11:13

"He still hasn't texted me."

James ignored her comments as he continued to scroll down his timeline. What started out as a search for a gift for Beck -- preferably lingerie or something of the sort -- had turned into a full-out creep session of jumping from one Instagram model's page to another.

"I said he still hasn't texted me," Vanessa placed her hand over James' phone this time, blocking his view, "Big booty hoes? Really? Nothing on her body even looks remotely real."

"I can't make him text you," James groaned, pulling the phone over her hand, "I gave him your number, that was the deal."

"I can't make you pass," she said as she crossed her arm before nodding her head towards the books that were in front of them, "I gave you the study books, is that the deal?"

"Listen," James sighed as he turned his body to fully face her, "Tyler's about to go on a bunch of visits, a bunch of camps to colleges over the next few months soon as the dead season is over."

"What's a dead season?"

"Doesn't matter. What matters is that he's going to have a bunch of really hot girls being, quite literally, paid to fuck him. If y'all start talking now, he'll forget about your ass by the time March rolls around. Let it be a slow burn, he followed you on Instagram. Just post a few lusty pics here and there and then, a few weeks before prom, y'all can start talking."

"Good to know what you were doing on all those visits," she said with a disgusted look on her face.

"I only visited like three schools," James defended himself, "Laney College is hardly in a position to be paying for me to get laid and I didn't have to pay for it in Fresno, those bitches gave it up easy."

"You like fake hoes," she scoffed, "So I bet they do."

"First of all," James turned his phone to show her the girl that was plastered all over his screen, "Don't say that about Bernice, she's a fine woman. Second of all, if you must know, I was looking for a gift for my...a girl."

"I knew you had a girlfriend," Vanessa shook her head, "Niggas ain't shit."

"Are you allowed to say that?"

"Are you allowed to fuck all those girls?"

"Can we get back to studying so I can actually go to Fresno?"

"To fuck those easy, fake hoes? Yes. Yes, we can."

"How'd you get this?"

James was a little taken aback, taking a literally step back away from Beck as she held the bracelet with her two fingers, letting it dangle in front of James' face.

"You don't like it?"

"I do," she said as she now placed it in her palm, "I love it....it's just....it looks really, really expensive."

"Don't worry about it," James examined her face and didn't see it change, "I don't have football anymore so I've been picking up some work here and there, odd jobs and such."

She didn't buy his lie and he didn't spend much time selling it because he knew, sooner or later, she would come to accept the necklace that was now coddling her neck.

"How was her Christmas tacos?"

"Don't get me started," Beck groaned, "I don't know why she insists on cooking. My dad clearly didn't get a child-bride for her cooking."

"You'd think she'd be able to cook," James shrugged, "What the fuck do you do with a Mexican that can't cook?"

"You fuck them," she let head rest on James' shoulder, "Really, really loud at night."

"They got used to the house by themselves," James laughed, "I'm surprised your brothers haven't said anything, especially Blake."

"They didn't spend the night," she shook her head, "They went back to my mom's after the dinner."

"Surprised you didn't go."

"One of us had to stay and Blake wasn't going to stay if Brooks wans't and Brooks wasn't even going to stop by until I begged him to."

"What's the move for the rest of the day?"

"Family time," she groaned as she gave James a hug, "I know, trust me, I'd fuck you behind those bushes right now."

The holiday season were always tough times for James as most of his friends were off with their family. James would sort of wander from driveway to driveway, slowly filling up his days with fifteen minutes conversations with all of his friends as they took a break from their family. He had hoped that the addition of Naomi would change that but he came home a few days ago to find them gone, yet to have returned.

"There's a football game though," Beck said with a half-smile, "My brothers were talking about it, you thinking of going?"

"I'm not biking to Brandon's house," he shook his head, "That's more than just a mission."

"Tiffany was talking about going," she shrugged, "I can ask her who's giving her a ride."

"It's fine," James started getting up, "I can use the exercise."

James padded the ball before lofting the ball over the middle into a crowd of outstretched hands. Joshua's pair of hands came down with the football before he left everyone in a trail of dust as he trotted into the endzone.

"He's fun as fuck," James laughed as he walked off the field, "No wonder everyone thought you were so good."

"Imagine him and Damar," Brandon tilted his head back, "Oh my fucking god! The shit really was unfair."

"All D-1 offensive line," James shook his head as the rest of the players were now enjoying a recess of action, "I had two seniors up front, both of them going JUCO and not a single senior receiver, yet alone fucking Joshua and Damar."

"Not my fault," Brandon laughed, "You should have won the starting job if you wanted to play with them. Besides, that '84' is pretty nice. He's bailed your ass out a few times."

"We're looking at him," Joshua joined them on the sidelines, "The coaching staff was asking me all these fucking questions about him and I didn't even remember him when I was here."

"Cam was a freshman when you were here," James explained, "And the only freshmen your ass knew had freshly shaved vaginas."

"Disgusting," Joshua looked away, "I was hoping you'd grown up a bit, matured, you know, all that."

"Wrong guy," Brandon shook his head, "This guy is always going to be who he was when we met him."

"You'd think he would have after carrying that sorry team this year to the playoffs," Joshua placed his hand on James' shoulder, "You know, leader shit and all that."

"We weren't that sorry," Jakobi quipped.

"Besides you, Tyler, Gordon, Iman and that '84' kid, who else was good?"

"Excuse me?" James raised his hand, "Austin was pretty good too."

"Who the fuck is Austin?" Joshua asked.

"How you don't know any of your teammates?" Tiffany shook her head as she gave Jakobi a water bottle, "I know who Austin is and I ain't on the team."

"As soon as UCLA offered him," Iman explained, "Josh said fuck y'all niggas, I'm out."

"I think I'm going to do the same," James laughed, "I'm fucking starving."

"The game ain't done," Joshua wiped his brow, "This halftime, bitch."

"Brandon, be all-time quarterback. I'm going to get some food," James pointed to the nearby McDonalds that was across the open field they had been playing for the last hour or so, "They're open the day after Christmas right?"

"I think so," Tiffany added, "I was going to get an apple pie, you want something babe?"

"I'm good," Jakobi shook his head.

"You want something, babe?" James teased Jakobi, drawing a death glare from the defensive tackle.

"Hurry up, bitch. Brandon about to take your spot forever," Iman slapped James on the back of the head.

"I don't want to touch anything."

"Stop nagging," James groaned as his hands fumbled around before finally making entry, "Fuck, you stay wet."

"Goddamn," Tiffany moaned as she held onto the bathroom sink for balance, "I'm going to miss this shit."

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 23 Jul 2019, 12:29

Damn, while her man is across the street, huh :obama: