Explosions of Grandeur.

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Caesar

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Caesar » 16 Jul 2019, 03:43

Not going to lie... it took me until that update right there to realize that dirty nigga James plugging his homie bih.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 08:50

djp73 wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 21:24
Receivers man... :roll:
Captain Canada wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 22:42
You never force a ball to a receiver who's name isn't Randy, Calvin, or DeAndre.
James was trying to get that PI smh

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 08:50

Caesar wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 03:43
Not going to lie... it took me until that update right there to realize that dirty nigga James plugging his homie bih.
Tiffany for the crew, brudda.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 10:21

"James! James! Where the fuck is Jackson?!"

Coach Collins was steaming as the offense once again jogged off the field. He had finished laying it into Chase and was now shifting his focus elsewhere. Given that it was third and twelve, James had already made his way to one of the benches, taking a seat as he awaited for the offense to join him.

"I think the big guy is looking for you," coach Butler told James through his headset, "Incoming."

"Get your arm ready," coach Collins spat at him before looking over to Brian, "You too, kid."

The freshman frantically went to pick up a ball before turning around and realizing he had no one to throw it to as Chase had just taken a seat and none of the receivers were volunteering either. James let out a small chuckle before standing up and walking to the young freshman.

"Let's get it," he put his arms around him and walked with him to a less crowded area, "Don't worry, I'll do my best to not let you get out there and get destroyed."

"Despite having the 6-0 lead, it looks like Poly is making a switch here in the third quarter at quarterback and going with James Jackson, the senior that started the first three games of the season, going 2-1."

"If you're coach Collins, you feel good about next year with Chase Grey who we saw play in the first half today and the first two drives of the third quarter. Big, strong kid and he's going to get better but I agree with going back to Jackson."

"Grey, if his night is truly over, went 5 of 12 for 57 yards and that interception."

"He's having a better day than Campbell-Caldwell on the other sideline, has he completed a pass yet?"

"He has not. A great display from that Poly secondary who we know about coming into this game."

"They go empty on the first play of the game for the faster Jackson and he drops back, looks right, fires right and it's a completion to Cam Landing who is brought down at the 40-yard line for a first down on the 15-yard pass."

"Jackson pressured out of the pocket and dumps it off to Fuller who makes a man miss, another man and wiggles his way pass the 50-yard mark for another first down as Poly goes tempo."

"Jackson plants, fires...and it's interc....he dropped it! Nick Haubel jumped that pass to Tyler Baker and he had nothing but six in front of him!"

"They go back to the passing game and Jackson finds Austin White who bulldozes over Haubel, a tough pair of downs for the senior linebacker here as his teammate help bring down White after a gain of 17-yards."

"Jackson pump fakes, looks, scrambles and heaves it down the field and he's got Baker open! Touchdown! Touchdown!"

"Jackson rolls to his right, looks to his left and it's a throwback pass to Fuller whose got blockers and plenty of room! He's at the 49....50....40....30....25...20.....10...5...touchdown!"

"Jackson keeps it himself this time and gets to the outside, spin backs inside, stiff arm and he's going to walk into the endzone standing up!"

djp73

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by djp73 » 16 Jul 2019, 11:01

Jackson got "it"

Captain Canada

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Captain Canada » 16 Jul 2019, 11:49

Glad to have caught up, good shit. Tiffany something else, huh

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 13:07

"We just got here," James groaned as he held her hair up and moved his face away from the toilet, "Are you done?"

The sound of the toilet flushing pleased James as he rubbed Beck's back and could now finally face her. With a simple wipe of the face with a towel, she was almost good as news. James looked at the time on his phone.

"We can cut our losses now," James suggested.

"Let's power through," she said with a half-hearted fist pump.

They exited the bathroom and were greeted by the throbbing sound of techno music and a few stares. They had disappeared into the bathroom for the last fifteen minutes and the groaning noises that followed probably had led the spectators minds to wander elsewhere. James towered over the crowd as he scanned the room looking for some familiar faces before he finally landing on one too many.

"Look who I ran into," Iman said with a small laugh as he put his arm around the rotund girl that was standing next to him.

"Hey, stranger."

"I'm drawing a blank," James tapped his finger against his temple, "I'm just kidding. Never figured you'd be down here with us common folks."

"Who is common folks?" Beck ribbed James.

"You're just an enemy of the female species," Lexi joked, "Hey, I'm Lexi."

"Beck," she forced a smile, "Friend of the boys?"

"Friend is a strong word," she tilted her head, "I ran into them a few weeks ago at a party and they were like the ones there with their heads not stuck up their ass. At least Iman was."

"That sounds about right," Beck rubbed her temple with her right index and middle finger.

"Want me to get you some water?" James asked to which Beck nodded, "Anybody else want anything?"

"Whatever you guys are drinking," Lexi replied.

"I'll come with," Iman said, drawing a death glare from James.

"What the fuck are you doing?" James asked Iman as soon as they were far enough from the girls.

"What?"

"First I see you talking to that girl," James said as he looked back and shot Beck a smile, "Now you leave her alone with Beck?"

"What's the big deal?"

"I'm the dumb one," James slapped Iman on the back of the head, "Don't go dumb on me now, you know what I'm talking about. Fuck."

"She's not going to say anything," Iman shrugged, "I doubt she's going broadcasting that she got tossed."

"I'm sure she'd told no one that her fat ass was able to bag two football players," James pushed his way towards the front of the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle.

"She has plenty of reasons to not want to tell Beck what happened," Iman said, stopping in his tracks, "Wait, we haven't gotten Lexi her drink."

"We need to ditch her," James explained.

"She didn't just run into us," Iman sighed, "You really think she came all the way down from the hills to his random ass party and happened to run into us?"

James hadn't put two and two together before but it was now making sense, "You invited her?"

"Yeah," Iman said sheepishly.

"I didn't know you guys were talking," James changed his tone, a bit embarrassed by his previous statement.

"Jessica tagged me in a picture from that night and she followed me on the Gram," Iman grabbed a nearby cup, checking it was cleaned before wiping the rim with the edge of his shirt, "We just started talking after that and I don't know."

"She's pretty funny," James quipped, swaying his head from side to side as he tried to think of another nice thing to say.

"Shut up," Iman said with a laugh as he poured out the nearby Bacardi into the cup, diluting it with some flat Coke, "You know exactly why my ass is still talking to her, don't you front."

"It was pretty fire," James laughed, putting his arm around his friend as they made their way back to the two girls.

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 13:58

"You're going to mess it up," Vanessa scoffed as she pushed James out of the way and grabbed the set of matches, "You have to cover it up right away."

"You're going to mess it up," James mimicked her with a nasally voice accent as he watched Vanessa light the three matches and instantly throw them into the glass bottle and cover it up with the egg, "I was going to do that."

They all watched as the hard-boiled eggs got suck into the bottle through the opening it was once covering.

"That's pretty sick," commented Cam, who was recording the whole ordeal.

"Good job," Dr. Gotti smiled as he walked past their lab station and made his way towards the other groups.

"You actually learned something today," Vanessa told James and Cam, "Now, go bash your brains against each other tonight and lose all of it!"

"You're not that much smarter than me," James took a bite of his granola bar, "In fact, I think we're just as smart."

"You don't even believe that."

"What's a cover three defense?" James asked her, getting comically close to her face.

"Three deep shell," she quickly replied, "You threw right into an interception against a cover three against Mission."

"Got him!" Cam exclaimed, drawing looks from the rest of the groups.

"Relax," James gently pushed her away, "I did not throw into that interception. Reggie was supposed to sit but he kept going up the seam and I didn't want to take the sack. If your brother and this man right here did their job better that play, I would have had time to let Cam -- the actual good one -- run across the field into that opening."

"You read too slow," she kept at him, "Both like reading-reading and reading the defense. You wait for guys to get open before you make a throw. You can throw the ball before Cam is open, you know?"

"She's killing your ass," Cam was very eager to throw his two cents in.

"You're my right tackle," James punched Cam, " Protect me, bitch."

"Attention, all students. May all varsity football players report to the auditorium. May all varsity football players report to the auditorium."

James and Cam looked at each other with a puzzled face. They would typically get called down during last period to start getting ready but this was a home game and second period was only halfway through.

"Away go our gladiators," Vanessa with more than just a hint of gladiators as James, Cam and T.J. -- a sophomore linebacker -- grabbed their bags.

"Who else left us?" joked Jose as the auditorium slowly filled out.

"Iman's here and I saw Tyler," Gordon added, "I think we're good, then."

"What about me?" James teased, "You don't think teams are knocking down my door trying to snag my ass?"

"As a running back," Gordon replied, undoubtedly still rejoicing how often he intercepted James during yesterday's walk-thru practice.

James dapped Iman up who was seating in the row in front of him as he took a seat himself. He found himself sandwiched between Jose and Cam, two guys that tipped over the 300-pound scale.

"Quiet down!" yelled coach London as coach Butler took the podium.

"Morning," coach Butler cleared his throat, "I just got back from the hospital where coach Collins is now in a stable condition."

"What?!"

"He suffered a heart attack late last night after practice"

James examined coach Butler's face and the rest of the coaching staff who all had stoic faces. While coach Collins was the second oldest-coach on the staff outside of coach Wiley Sr., he was still in his late 40s and outside of a few extra pounds, he appeared to be in good-shape.

"He's not speaking yet," coach Butler continued, "But all signs are pointing to a full recovery, it wasn't a major one. I just got off the phone with the folks at Woodrow and some people at CIF. Since we already had our bye week, we can't push the game onto another week but we can play it perhaps on Monday or Tuesday this week. Woodrow has agreed and CI...."

"Let's play," James said from his seat, not bothering to stand up.

"What was that?"

"He said let's play," Iman stood up, "That's what coach would want, that what we want."

Topic author
Soapy

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by Soapy » 16 Jul 2019, 14:31

"Devin Butler is on double-duty tonight as the Jackrabbit offense takes the field for the first time tonight."

"For a while, it looked like they weren't going to play today after the news of their head coach Charles Collins suffering a heart attack last night."

"Prayers to the Collins family and to this team playing with what I'm sure is a heavy heart."

"White is pushed out of bounds at the 44-yard line but gets enough for the first down on the first play of the game."

"Jackson tumbles forward for a gain of six."

"Another gain of six here as Fuller drives the pile, gets the first."

"Jackson loves that deep out and it's to Cam Landing, the junior who is turning into a favorite of Jackson over the last few games. Gain of 15 here."

"Jackson keeps it...cuts inside...dives for the endzone and he's got it!"

"Jackson rolls out and it's an easy, wide open touchdown to Austin White at the goalline!"

"The pressure gets there but Jackson slips out, pump fakes, circles back, pump fakes and he's going to take off! He makes a man miss...another man...goes outside...back inside...and he's going to get a block here folks and he's in!"

"Fuller takes the handoff and strolls into the endzone as this is turning into a good old fashioned whooping!"

"Dominguez on the sweep and he's throwing it! Throws it back to Jackson who cocks back and throws it back to Dominguez whose got blockers! He's at the 40....the 35...the 20...and he's got a touchdown!"

"Jackson putting on a clinic as he fires that deep-out to Landing!"

"Jackson looks, throws, touchdown!"

"Jackson keeps it from the 35 and he's going to get to the outside! Look at him go!"

"You're done for the night," coach Butler tapped James on the helmet as he came off the field, "What do you say, let Brian dip his toes in the water?"

"Let him swim coach," James smiled as he took his helmet off, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Did you hear the announcer?" Austin grabbed James by the outside of his shoulder pads, "641! 640-fucking-one bro!"

"How many touchies?" Iman greeted them on the bench. Coach Marcus had ended his night at halftime.

"Five," James laughed as they shared a handshake, "I could have gotten ten if they let me out there, big dog."

"Save some of those T's for next week," Iman pointed towards the bleachers, "The scouts ain't here yet but they will be soon."

"I saw one," Austin mentioned, "I didn't get a good look at him, though."

"Jason?"

Iman turned around to face the middle-aged gentleman with a visor and shook his head, "He doesn't play here anymore."

It was a common mistake given that he was now wearing Jason's old number and they had similar builds.

"Excuse me?" the gentleman kept following Iman and James as they were exciting the clubhouse that was adjacent to the football field they had just scored 56-unanswered points on, "Number 7."

It was James' turn to turn around now as he sized the guy, "Yeah?"

"Kalen," he extended out his arm, "Kalen DeBoer, Fresno State."

"You're their new OC," Iman nodded as the gentleman shook his hand as well.

"Coach Tedford sends his regard," coach DeBoer laughed, "We get it, you're off the market, you've closed it down. Good luck at Arizona but before that, tell me about your quarterback you got here."

"This guy?" Iman said with a slight scoff as he pointed towards James who had been silent during the whole encounter, "He just lit it up, I'm sure you saw."

"You're not just legs," coach DeBoer nodded, "I was told differently."

"Thanks, sir."

"I liked what I saw out there," he pulled out a business card and gave one to both of them, drawing a laugh from Iman.

"Y'all don't give up," Iman shook his head.

"Not until you sign that letter," he laughed, "Mom will be able to go to the games but not show up at your door unnannounced."

"It's James," James interjected.

"I'm sorry?"

"You called me Jason before," James cleared his throat, "It's James, James Jackson."

"Well, alright, James Jackson. You'll be hearing from me, stay healthy."

djp73

Explosions of Grandeur.

Post by djp73 » 16 Jul 2019, 14:38

Assuming this is set in 2018?