My Way | Colby Porter Jr

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

James

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by James » 31 Jan 2020, 14:03

Hill we be tough competition.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 31 Jan 2020, 16:08

James wrote:
31 Jan 2020, 14:03
Hill we be tough competition.
Definitely

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 07 Feb 2020, 08:20

1102 likes
cpjfan4life
Panthers fall to Seahawks 21-41 in preseason game 2
Porter Jr 5/10 66Yds 1Int, 5Car 63Yds
Griffin III 5/8 43Yds 1Int, 3Car 9Yds 1TD 1 fumble
Hill 5/6 87Yds 1TD 1Int, 3Car 24Yds
Rhule: "Need to see more from one of the three."

James Hill we be tough competition.
Last edited by djp73 on 08 Feb 2020, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

James

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by James » 08 Feb 2020, 11:46

I like the comment at the end of the post. Flashback to some of Matt10's old chises. It's so hard to do something like that if the boards aren't extremely active though.

Porter was not as impressive this outing. Is he slipping up and giving someone else the spot?

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 08 Feb 2020, 13:29

James wrote:
08 Feb 2020, 11:46
I like the comment at the end of the post. Flashback to some of Matt10's old chises. It's so hard to do something like that if the boards aren't extremely active though.

Porter was not as impressive this outing. Is he slipping up and giving someone else the spot?
lots of dropped passes that game didn't help, hill probably played the best in that one

is fun to get the comments in there

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Feb 2020, 10:30

RHULE NAMES PORTER JR STARTER FOLLOWING COLTS GAME
Hill and Nelson to play in final preseason game
By Ashley Barnett

Colby Porter Jr. and Robert Griffin III came into the Panthers third preseason game against the Colts battling for the starting QB job. Porter Jr threw for 221 yards and a pair of scores and ran for 51 yards and locked up the job according to head coach Matt Rhule.

Griffin III threw for 75 yards and a score.

Rhule has indicated that neither will play in the preseason finale, allowing Taysom Hill and Cato Nelson to get some reps.

The Colts won the game 31-24.
PORTER JR SCRAMBLES FOR A FIRST DOWN, OLAMIDE ZACCHEAUS CATCHES A PASS AND SCORES, RHULE LOOKS ON IN HORROR AFTER PORTER JR TAKES A BIG HIT ON A SCRAMBLE, PORTER JR STEPS UP AND DELIVERS A TD PASS TO DJ MOORE

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 13 Feb 2020, 12:59

Note: I was going to make this an article but I'll just put this here so you all know what the team looks like. Don't feel like going as in depth with the analysis as that would make it a bit too "Panthers Franchise".

If you have any questions on the Panthers roster or anyone else's let me know.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 13 Feb 2020, 13:00

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 17 Feb 2020, 09:48

962 likes
cpjfan4life
CPJ named NFC OPOTW after leading
Panthers to 34-17win over Falcons week one
14/17 218 9YD TD pass to Jeudy in 2nd
ran for 112Yds on 9Car
set up two short McCaffrey TD runs
CPJ: "Very excited to get back out there.
Great to be playing with so much talent around me."

moose141 This should be a really fun season for you, I think Porter and McCaffrey are going to make an unreal dynamic duo in the backfield! Should be crazy to see the yardage that those two guys can put up together.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 24 Feb 2020, 09:21

SAINTS TOP PANTHERS BEHIND CAMERON JORDAN'S BIG GAME
Jordan tallies four sacks including late safety
By Ashley Barnett

Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan is certainly a player who has the ability to take over a game and the Panthers were certainly aware of that coming into their week two match up against New Orleans.

“He's a force and he can dominate a game from wherever they line him up.” Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said after the loss. “We thought we had a plan to slow him down and obviously it didn't work.”

Jordan sacked Panthers QB Colby Porter Jr. four times in the game, including a safety in the fourth quarter that sealed the win for the Saints.

Rookie kicker Dalton Witherspoon connected on a 47 yard field goal in the first quarter for the Panthers.

Christian McCaffrey, who would leave the game later with an injury, scored on a one yard run early in the second quarter to make Carolina's lead 10-0. McCaffrey's score was set up by a Porter Jr. run where he was stopped just short of the goalline.

QB COLBY PORTER JR IS BROUGHT DOWN JUST SHORT OF THE ENDZONE, MCCAFFREY SCORED ON THE NEXT PLAY

Alvin Kamara put New Orleans on top with a pair of touchdown runs after that. The first came on a dazzling 66 yard display of speed and power and the second was a dive from a yard out.

Caroline answered shortly after when Porter Jr connected with McCaffrey on an angle route and the dynamic runningback made a few potential tacklers miss before scoring from 67 yards out.

MCCAFFREY MAKES SAINTS TACKLERS LOOK SILLY ON THIS 67 YARD CATCH AND RUN TD

New Orleans made it 21-17 midway through the third quarter when Jake Fromm connected with Micheal Thomas for a four yard score.

MCCAFFREY WENT DOWN WITH AN INJURY IN THE THIRD QUARTER

Without McCaffrey the Panthers offense struggled in the second half but their defense was able to keep the Saints from scoring as well.

Late in the fourth quarter following a Saints punt that pinned Carolina inside their ten yard line the Saints stopped a pair of Jonathan Taylor runs and forced them into a third and long from the eight. Porter Jr was barely done with his five step drop when Jordan was on top of him and dragged him down in the endzone for a safety.

JORDAN DRAGS DOWN PORTER JR FOR A SAFETY IN THE FOURTH QUARTER

Carolina would get the ball back once more but ran out of time trying to get into field goal range for Witherspoon.

“Not a great play call there.” Rhule said after the loss. “Didn't put our guys in the best position to succeed in that situation and Colby did the right thing just eating that one. Had he tried to throw it away when Jordan hit him who knows what could have gone wrong.”

Porter Jr threw for 208 yards and a touchdown on 15 of 19 passing. He also ran for 92 yards on eight carries. McCaffrey managed just 35 yards on 16 carries with a touchdown. He caught six passes for 107 yards and a score. His injury will be evaluated over the next couple days.

Tight end Ricky Seals-Jones added 60 yards on three receptions. Brian Burns recorded three sacks for the Panthers. McCoy and Kuechly added one each.

Jake Fromm threw for 254 yards with a touchdown and an interception on 26 of 37 passing. Kamara picked up 108 yards and two scores on 14 runs. Hill led the ream with 65 yards on four receptions.