My Way | Colby Porter Jr

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 11 Dec 2019, 11:47

UTAH FOOTBALL | OREGON STATE FOOTBALL | NCAA FOOTBALL
PORTER JR, OREGON STATE OFFENSE POST HISTORIC DAY AGAINST UTAH
Beavers rack up nearly 800 yards total offense, Porter Jr with nearly 700 and 7 total scores
By Gerald Franklin III Oct 19th, 2017, 9:01am

PORTER JR FIGHTS HIS WAY INTO THE ENDZONE FOR ONE OF HIS SEVEN TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS AGAINST UTAH

"I knew we were lighting it up." Colby Porter Jr. responded when asked about the Oregon State Beaver offense's huge performance in a 56-35 win over Utah. "I didn't really get a chance to process it 'cause the game was pretty close until late."

Oregon State totaled 785 yards of offense and score 56 points. Porter Jr passed for 442 yards and four touchdowns and ran for 252 yards and three more scores. Porter Jr has amassed 763 yards and eight touchdowns passing over the last two games while rushing for 536 yards and five scores. He went over 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing for the season yesterday, despite being suspended for the UCLA game.

"It's incredible to watch." One opposing coach told me. "Only guy I can compare it to is Denard Robinson who had that incredible season at Michigan back a ways. He's as exciting as Lamar Jackson in my opinion."

The win boosts Oregon States record to 5-2 overall with a 2-2 conference record.

Lucas added 64 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries. Hernandez led the way with 114 yards and a score on four receptions, behind him was Villamin with 91 yards and a score on his five receptions. Collins also had five receptions, tallying 76 yards and a score. Chapman also caught a touchdown pass.

Utah's Williams nearly matched Porter Jr.s performance, throwing for 326 yards and four scores but only managing 18 yards and a score on seven rushes. Singleton led all receivers with 133 yards and two scores on eight receptions for the Utes.

Oregon State will travel to face Stanford on Thursday night. Stanford is 3-4 overall and 3-2 in PAC 12 games.

COLLINS HAULS IN A TD PASS FROM PORTER

Caesar

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by Caesar » 11 Dec 2019, 13:43

Starting to make some noise now. Need to string together something in conference though.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 11 Dec 2019, 14:12

Caesar wrote:
11 Dec 2019, 13:43
Starting to make some noise now. Need to string together something in conference though.
Nation's on notice. Nationally televise Thursday night game coming up!

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 10:44

Last edited by djp73 on 14 Dec 2019, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 11:27

OREGON STATE FOOTBALL | NCAA FOOTBALL
HEISMAN CANDIDATE PORTER JR INJURED IN LOSS TO STANFORD
Beavers QB suffered knee injury on second drive
By Josiah Greene Oct 25th, 2017, 7:17am

PORTER JR GRASPS HIS KNEE AFTER A 12 YARD RUN THAT SET UP OREGON STATE FOR A TOUCHDOWN

Oregon State QB Colby Porter Jr. has once had his season cut short. After missing three plus games last season with an ulnar injury he had been on a tear to start this season, throwing for over 2,200 yards and 22 touchdowns and rushing for over 1,200 yards and 13 touchdowns despite being suspended for a game.

After scoring on a rushing touchdown to cap Oregon State's first possession against Stanford he had the team back in the redzone after Stanford had tied the game. Porter Jr. scrambled for a gain of 12 yards to advance the ball to the Stanford five yard line and was seen grabbing his right knee following the play. He got to his feet gingerly and got his team top the line of scrimmage. He took a shotgun snap, barely moved and delivered a touchdown pass to Hunter Jarmon on a slant.

After being looked at extensively by the team's medical staff he was taken to the locker room and did not return to the game.

Stanford would win the game 28-20 after Oregon State backup Darell Garretson struggled to move the ball.

"I hate to see that." Stanford runningback Bryce Love, who scored two touchdowns in the game, said when asked about the injury to Porter Jr. "He's a great player and you just hate to see that happen to anyone. We all hope he can bounce back."

Oregon State head coach Gary Andersen was asked about the nature of the injury right after the game. "I don't know. I was told by the medical staff that he wouldn't be available for the rest of the game. They'll get him evaluated in the next day or so then we'll know more about it."

An announcement regarding the severity of the injury is expected later today.

PORTER JR DELIVERS A TOUCHDOWN PASS TO JARMON DESPITE AN INJURY ON THE PREVIOUS PLAY

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 12:36

#OregonState QB Colby Porter Jr. will undergo an MRI on his knee today.
It looked like an MCL sprain, which could end his season with just four weeks
left but shouldn't be a long-term concern.

Xixak

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by Xixak » 12 Dec 2019, 13:29

Wow that injury sucks, looks like you're done for the year.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 13:39

rip, hopefully he can bounce back.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 14:24

OREGON STATE FOOTBALL | NCAA FOOTBALL
SACKED
Oregon State fires Gary Andersen after team's collapse
By Gerald Franklin III Dec 2nd, 2017, 11:01am

DARELL GARRETSON IS SACKED, ENDING ANY CHANCE OREGON STATE HAD OF MAKING A BOWL GAME

"Ultimately we lost a dynamic player for an extended period of time and I didn't do enough to compensate for that." said a somber Gary Andersen when addressing the media following the announcement that he and Oregon State were parting ways.

Oregon State's season went downhill when QB Colby Porter Jr. suffered an MCL injury and missed the final four and three quarter games.

Oregon State came into their game against Stanford with a 5-2 record. Porter Jr was injured after two possessions and the Beavers lost that game along with their final four to finish the season 5-7.

At the time of the injury Porter Jr was in the Heisman conversation and had amassed nearly 3,500 yards of total offense and accounted for 35 total touchdowns.

Porter Jr is reportedly nearing a full recovery from the injury. He did not return my calls.

Topic author
djp73

My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Post by djp73 » 12 Dec 2019, 20:35

My Way
Colby Porter Jr.
January 3, 2018

I just turned 21 a couple months back so it may come as a surprise to you that my all-time favorite song is “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. It was passed down to me from my grandfather.

The opening verse of the song is:

"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way”

Long ago, before I understood the significance, my grandfather wrote that verse on the inside cover of a well-worn book about Sinatra and told me to think about what it means to me. It took me a while to decide what it meant to me but I've got a pretty good grasp on it.

On October 23rd of last year I was injured during a Thursday night game against Stanford. I was running for the endzone on the play, something I've done thousands of times in my career. I took a clean hit down low on my left knee and felt something change. I got to my feet gingerly and I could tell something wasn't right but I tried my best to hide it and ignore it.

I got back to the huddle, called the play and threw a short touchdown pass to my teammate Hunter Jarmon on a slant. I couldn't push off when I threw the pass but luckily Hunter ran a flawless route and the weak pass got there. I sat down after the play and that was the last time I played in a real game.

When I was on the sideline getting poked and prodded all I could think of was what that verse meant to me. If this was the end of my football career was I happy with how things had gone?

The answer was complicated.

I wasn't happy about never winning a championship. To answer the rest of the question I have to go back a ways.

If you've followed my career for a while you know I've been with a few different programs over the past five years or so. After my junior year at Charles Town High School I transferred to Martinsburg. Folks outside my family speculated as to why.

My mother and I did not take the decision lightly. Each year at Charles Town my grades got worse. I was starting to get in with not the best crowd. Martinsburg has a great group of educators and the change of scenery was just what I needed.

After high school I faced one of the toughest decisions of my life in trying to decide where to continue my education and football career. I did have good offers. From good schools. Quite a few actually. Everyone wanted to see me play receiver, runningback, safety. Anything but quarterback. I wasn't interested. Then came Blinn.

Blinn was an amazing opportunity and an amazing experience. Blinn allowed me to better myself as a player, a student and a person. Blinn allowed me to be seen my more coaches. The coaching staff was incredible.

Coach Andersen and the rest of the staff at Oregon State made me so comfortable. I was apprehensive about being 2,778 miles away from my mom and grandfather. Coach Andersen and everyone else made Corvallis feel like home when I visited. They believed in me as a quarterback.

Circling back.

At the time of the injury I was happy I had done things my way. I was happy I had bet on myself as a quarterback and not settled for a position change. I was happy I had gone to Blinn. I was happy I was at Oregon State. I was happy to be playing for Coach Andersen. People think our relationship is strained because of some of the things that have transpired. That couldn't be further from the truth.

So, I was happy with the path I had chosen. I was happy I'd done it my way. I was very unhappy thinking it might be over, there is so much more I want to achieve as a quarterback.

When I got the details on my injury and found out I was looking at a couple months of rehab I was elated. The elation was short lived as Coach Andersen was fired shortly after. I called him as soon as I heard and we talked for a while.

Over the past two years or so Coach Andersen and I have become very close. I was very upset when I heard he'd been fired. I have a lot more to say about that but this isn't the place.

I have spent the last several weeks working my tail off rehabbing and getting back to where I was before the injury. Even better actually. I've been able to spend some time back home with my mother and grandfather. The two people I love and trust the most. I came to realize how much I missed them.

I don't have much family. Since my father died in the coal mines when I was three it's just been me, my mom and my grandfather. Over the past few months we've learned that my grandfather is sick. We don't know how much time he has left but we want to make the most of it. He would never ask but I know what I need to do. What I want to do.

I have decided to transfer.

There are a few reasons for this and I want to start by thanking everyone at Oregon State for the opportunity, the support and all the love. I can understand if those fans are upset. I know some of my former teammates are upset. I get it.

Ultimately I know this is the right choice. It’s the right choice for my family. It’s the right choice for me. It’s the right choice for the future of my football career.

Like I said, I talked extensively to the people I trust the most when making this decision.

However, in the end it was my choice.

My Way.