Bolt Up

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 26 Apr 2020, 20:05

Last edited by KimJongBaze on 23 May 2020, 12:07, edited 4 times in total.

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 26 Apr 2020, 20:06

Last edited by KimJongBaze on 18 May 2020, 18:38, edited 4 times in total.

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 26 Apr 2020, 20:06

Chargers Unveil New Uniforms for their New Home
With the team set to make its debut at SoFi Stadium in 2020, the Chargers unveiled their much anticipated uniforms for the upcoming NFL season.

The design draws inspiration from California in the 1960s. Staying true to Powder Blue and Sunshine Gold, the colors are brought to the forefront of the uniforms as a reflection of Southern California's diverse, outdoor culture. Whether it's a Sunday cruising down the Venice Boardwalk or taking in the sights and sounds at the Olvera Street Marketplace, there's an unmistakable energy that's unique to Los Angeles. And while it's not easy to reflect a vibe in uniforms, the Chargers set out to do just that with a bold, vibrant, and electric update that pays tribute to their AFL roots.

Last edited by KimJongBaze on 18 May 2020, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Soapy

Bolt Up

Post by Soapy » 26 Apr 2020, 20:07

lmfaooooo

Captain Canada

Bolt Up

Post by Captain Canada » 26 Apr 2020, 20:24

Tyrod BYKE!

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 26 Apr 2020, 21:02

LA Chargers pick QB Justin Herbert at No. 6 in NFL Draft
Since parting ways with franchise signal-caller Philip Rivers after 16 seasons, the Los Angeles Chargers began to forge a new path forward by selecting Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert with the sixth overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

The selection infers that Herbert is expected to become the Bolts' franchise quarterback and produce an exciting brand of offense that resembles the spread system utilized while he played for the Ducks. However, the 22-year old won't be asked to accomplish any of it quickly.

"He has a great head on his shoulders, and I'm not so concerned about him being the face of the franchise," Chargers general manager Tom Telesco said after the first round of the draft concluded Thursday night. "He's a rookie player who plays a very high-profile position, I get that. He's a quarterback. But we also have two quarterbacks here right now who we're happy with, so there's no pressure for Justin to walk in Day 1 -- we're not asking him to come in and carry this football team whatsoever."

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn has said that veteran quarterback Tyrod Taylor is "in the driver's seat" to take over the starting spot vacated by Rivers, and Telesco reiterated that notion.

"You would never tell anybody that there's no competition," Telesco said. "We'll see once we get on the grass, whenever that happens, we'll go from there."

A nine-year pro, Taylor has served mostly as an NFL backup, but he started three seasons in Buffalo, helping the Bills to one playoff appearance.

Herbert said he has not yet discussed his role with the Chargers.

From his home in Eugene, Oregon, Herbert expressed excitement about joining the Chargers, and he said he has been a fan of the Bolts and Rivers since growing up on the West Coast. He became the third quarterback selected on the first night of the draft. The Cincinnati Bengals took LSU's Heisman-winning quarterback Joe Burrow with the #1 overall pick, and the Miami Dolphins went with Tua Tagovailoa with the fifth selection.

Herbert is considered a well-rounded quarterback with excellent arm strength and agility outside the pocket. He also is a proven winner. Despite being projected as a first-round pick as a junior, Herbert returned to Oregon for his final season of eligibility and led the Ducks to victories in the Pac-12 championship game and the Rose Bowl.

djp73

Bolt Up

Post by djp73 » 26 Apr 2020, 21:05

What's a Cobra and an Impala got to do with the Chargers? Wouldnt a Charger make more sense?

djp73

Bolt Up

Post by djp73 » 26 Apr 2020, 21:06

Herbert poster looks like a Disney XD movie.

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 27 Apr 2020, 07:50

djp73 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 21:05
What's a Cobra and an Impala got to do with the Chargers? Wouldnt a Charger make more sense?
Not a car enthusiast so idk lmao, I just took that off the Chargers website
djp73 wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 21:06
Herbert poster looks like a Disney XD movie.
lol

Topic author
KimJongBaze

Bolt Up

Post by KimJongBaze » 27 Apr 2020, 16:13

Chargers Add 'Natural-Born Leader' to Defense in Kenneth Murray
The Chargers thought enough of Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray to sacrifice a day-two selection in the 2020 NFL draft.

Los Angeles traded its second- and third-round picks to the New England Patriots on Thursday night in exchange for number 23 overall. With it, the organization believes they identified a both punishing defender and future leader.

"This is a run-hit linebacker," head coach Anthony Lynn said. "He can do the things we need him to do in coverage and also in the run game. He can play in the box, he can play in space.

"But this man's intangibles, his presence when he walks into a room – he's just a natural-born leader and I love that he's passionate about this game. It just comes through in the interview process that I had with him."

Communication between Murray and the Chargers was limited since both met at the NFL scouting combine. Hence the surprise when Murray got a call from general manager Tom Telesco informing him that the team had moved up to select him.

"It says a lot, the fact that they believe in me that much to trade up to get me," Murray said. "To me, it means everything. When people believe in me like that, I have no other choice but to give it my all and go out there and give them everything every Sunday," Murray said.

The former Sooner's collegiate resume includes 325 career tackles (36.5 for loss) and third-team All-American honors in 2019. He played in a Rose Bowl in 2018 and two College Football Playoff games in 2019 and 2020, respectively.

The passion matches the productivity, too. Murray called himself "a fiery dude" who plays "with extreme speed."

"I sleep, breathe and eat football," he said.

Murray joins a Chargers team loaded on defense. In addition to defensive end phenoms Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram along with a secondary that boasts Casey Hayward, Desmond King, and Derwin James, Los Angeles added veterans Linval Joseph and Chris Harris Jr. in free agency.