The Doctor Is In: The Coaching Legacy of Michael Doctor

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Topic author
B2theMyth

Post by B2theMyth » 12 Jun 2020, 22:24

Settings/Rules:
All American/All American - custom sliders
7 Min Quarters
PS3 captured by El Gato HD
Custom Playbooks Spread/Pro Offense - 3-3-5/Hybrid Defense
20-21 Rosters, except for 6 TB teams (all 6 teams from 2013, I believe).

Recruiting Rules
1* Prestige, Can only recruit 3* in top 1, 2* & 1* can be freely recruited
2* Prestige, Can only recruit 3* in top 5, 2* & 1* can be freely recruited
3* Prestige, Can only recruit 4* in top 1, 3* in top 7, 2* & 1* can be freely recruited
4* Prestige, Can only recruit 4* in top 3, 3* & Below can be freely recruited
5* Prestige, Can only recruit 5* in top 2, 4* in top 7, 3* * Below can be freely recruited
6* Prestige, Can freely recruit anyone.

Can only Scout players in Preseason or after they have committed.

Relegation/Scheduling Rules;
Relegation:
There are 10 conferences, Power 5 (16 team conferences), Group of 5 (9 Team conferences) and 1 Independent team (saved for the worst record out of the G5 Schools)
Each P5 Conference has 2 8 team divisions and a G5 Affiliate conference.
-The worst team in each Conference division gets relegated to the G5 Affiliate
-The Two best G5 teams get Promoted to the P5
BCS Bowl Games:
P5 conference champions will earn a guaranteed sport in the BCS Bowls.
The other 3 BCS spots are open.

Scheduling:
Power 5 Team: Must play 2 other P5 teams and 1 G5 Affiliate school.
Group of 5 Team: Must Play 2 P5 conference Affiliate teams, 2 G5 teams.

Also- Whatever Schools we sign with, Must be there for 2 years before leaving for better jobs. Unless I’m a Coordinator of a school and they offer the HC position. Example, I’m the OC of Temple, their HC leaves and Temple offers me the job, I can take it, since I’m not leaving the school.

Topic author
B2theMyth

Coach Doctor History
Last edited by B2theMyth on 12 Jun 2020, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
B2theMyth

Season Recaps, Bowl Births, Team Leaders
Last edited by B2theMyth on 12 Jun 2020, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
B2theMyth

School Awards, Dynasty Hall of Famee
This is where All Americans, All Conference Players, and Award Winners will be. Also our Dynasty Hall of Fame for the extraordinary players.
Last edited by B2theMyth on 12 Jun 2020, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
B2theMyth

NCAA Yearly Recaps

Here we will host the overview for the total NCAA year so, Conference Champs, BCS Bowl Outcomes and Stat Leaders by year.
Last edited by B2theMyth on 12 Jun 2020, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
B2theMyth

NCAA Yearly Awards

Each Year's Award winners will be here.
Last edited by B2theMyth on 12 Jun 2020, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
B2theMyth

Post by B2theMyth » 12 Jun 2020, 22:29

Charlotte to hire new OC

AP- News out of Charlotte, NC today where the Charlotte 49ers have decided to hire a new Offensive Coordinator. They announced the hiring of Michael Doctor, who left his post as Oregon State’s Director of On-Campus Recruiting to take the position. Head Coach Brad Lambert said “We think we found someone who hasn’t got a real shot to be a coach and we think Michael will be a great addition to the staff”.

Michael Doctor played at Oregon State from 2010-2014, amassing 253 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 6 INT, 1 Forced Fumble and a touchdown in his 51 game career. On switching to being an offensive coordinator Doctor said “I also played running back in high school and I love scheming against defenses that I played against and learned in College. And now that I’m not the one getting hit, I want to focus on the side of the ball where I fell in love with the game”.

Doctor is a surprising hire for the 49ers. He came out of virtually nowhere. He has little coaching experience and none at the college level. He was a recruiting director at Oregon State. “I just want to teach the game like I was taught, like Coach (Mike) Riley and recently by Coach (Jonathan) Smith. I respect both guys so much and I want coach kids like they do” Doctor finished up with.

Doctor will bring some of his Oregon State responsibilities to Charlotte, he is also the head of recruiting. The 49ers will kick off spring camp in a week. Check back for a spring review, where we will break down the roster and camp battles.

(Feel free to post now)

Topic author
B2theMyth

Post by B2theMyth » 12 Jun 2020, 23:01

NCAA to Implement New System for FBS Football

Indianapolis,IN- Today the NCAA has announced it is going with a new college football system for the FBS division. It also announced the military service academies would no longer be apart of the FBS division, citing the player weight requirements put them at a disadvantage to truly compete for a National Title. Three new teams have been added to the FBS division in their place along with three additional teams who replaced UMass, Idaho and New Mexico State. Who also went down to the FCS. The six new FBS schools are Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, North Dakota State and James Madison.

The new FBS system is akin to world soccer's relegation system. Each Power 5 conference has expanded to 16 teams, so the Power 5 conferences now consist of the top 80 teams in college football. Each Power 5 conference has a Group of 5 conference affiliate. Each Power 5 conference consists of two 8 team divisions, the winners will face each other in the conference title game and the teams with the worst record in each division will be relegated to the affiliate conference with the top two teams from the affiliate being promoted to the Power 5. The team with the worst record in the G5 conferences will become an independent. For a full breakdown of the conferences and affiliates check the table below. There were some shake ups even in the Power 5, for example Nebraska is back in the Big 12.

"We feel expanding the Power 5 conferences giving the top 80 schools a chance at the national title is the most fair thing we can do. We do not think the G5 will be negatively impacted but instead will be overall for this" NCAA President Mark Emmert said.
It's unknown if the G5 will be better off but the fact is more teams have a shot at a national title every year. There is more balance in college football and that means a more exciting season.

Topic author
B2theMyth

Post by B2theMyth » 14 Jun 2020, 16:54

QB Matt Johnson surveys the field during the spring game

Spring Ball Recap

Entering their first season of FBS play this year, this spring is very important for the 49ers. The extremely young team had it's up and downs in spring practices. The offense is led by redshirt freshman QB Matt Johnson. Johnson has a solid arm but his real strength is his ability to scramble when the play breaks down. Look fo offensive coordinator Michael Doctor to use him in some roll out plays to use Johnson's mobility to his advantage. The running game is lead by redshirt freshman running back Alan Barnwell and will be complemented by redshirt sophomore DaMarrell Alexander. Redshirt junior Quinton Goy will see snaps at fullback. "Yes, we use a full back in my offense. but not in the traditional I-Form or strong sets." Coach Doctor said

The receiving corps is led by three true freshman, Austin Duke, Will Thomas and Trent Bostick. Most of Charlotte's new offense utilizes three receiver sets. Redshirt freshman Justin Bolus and redshirt senior CJ Crawford are the two main tight ends on the roster. Doctor's offense uses a tight end frequently. "The position (tight end) is an important one for us. Not only in the passing game but as a blocker in the run game. Our guys need to be able to run block." Coach Doctor added.

The offensive line is very young and very inexperienced. The lone standout is junior guard Daniel Blitch. He will be responsible for leading this group and getting this group to improve throughout the season. The offensive line is the weakness in the offense. We will have to see if the line is what holds the offense back.

FS Desmond Cooper intercepts a pass in the spring game

The defense is led by its linebacking corps.redshirt junior middle linebacker Micah Bryan. He's flanked by true freshman Terry Caldwell on the left and true freshman Nico Alcalde on the right. Freshmen Kendal Parker and Rick LeGrant are expected to play major backup roles across all three positions. All 5 linebackers have good speed and are solid tacklers.

The corners are led by true freshman Terrence Winchester and Jordan Abrams. This group is very young and will rely on the safeties to help them throughout the season. Junior free safety Desmond Cooper and Junior strong safety Martay Mattox will fill the duties of secondary leaders. Sophomore Ardy Holmes will serve as a backup for each. While the corners are young they have good athletic gifts, its to be seen if their ball skills will hold up against the tougher opponents.

Like it's offensive counterpart, the defensive line is the weakest part of the defense. With freshmen at all three starting positions. Ends James Middleton and Brandon Banks show a lot of promise. Freshman tackles Larry Ogunjobi and Tank Norman will be counted on to fill the gap of the interior. If any of the four get injured it's thin behind them. The defense as a whole will need to make major strides to win many games this season. There is a chance that Charlotte might contend for the independent spot in the new FBS system and that isn't a good thing. The lone independent team is the worst of the G5 conferences. We will have a season preview in the coming days. For a full view of the depth chart, check below for the breakdown.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 14 Jun 2020, 22:09

I'm definitely following along man.

Let's start the legacy :blessed: