The CanAm Conference

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

djp73

The CanAm Conference

Post by djp73 » 17 Jul 2020, 15:27

Go to Flickr and set up an account
Upload the pic
Click the share button on the pic
Click BB code
Copy and paste that here

Topic author
CWeber

The CanAm Conference

Post by CWeber » 18 Jul 2020, 09:43

djp73 wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 15:27
Go to Flickr and set up an account
Upload the pic
Click the share button on the pic
Click BB code
Copy and paste that here
Thank you!!! Finally works and is WAAAAY easier than it seemed. Everything I found online, NONE of the articles mentioned that! I kept trying to recall HTML code i learned 20 years ago and haven't used since hahaha.

Topic author
CWeber

The CanAm Conference

Post by CWeber » 18 Jul 2020, 10:01

Week 7 Bye Week
MID-SEASON RECAP ISSUE
ImageCarleton Sea1 Wk 7 Recap Issue-page-001 by Chris Weber, on Flickr

djp73

The CanAm Conference

Post by djp73 » 20 Jul 2020, 09:18

nice twist getting the DC mid season, how will you incorporate that in game?

Topic author
CWeber

The CanAm Conference

Post by CWeber » 20 Jul 2020, 10:11

djp73 wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 09:18
nice twist getting the DC mid season, how will you incorporate that in game?
Developed a new defensive playbook called Multi 5 and edited my current DC. Up to this point I’ve been using the stock multiple-D because I hadn’t made a decision on defensive system. This give me a focus for recruiting since the Nickel CB/SS-2 is going to end up at the cornerstone of the defence long term.

djp73

The CanAm Conference

Post by djp73 » 20 Jul 2020, 10:45

that 5th DB is key in the 5 db sets, good luck!

Topic author
CWeber

The CanAm Conference

Post by CWeber » 20 Jul 2020, 18:29

*Locker room before Panda Game*

Coach Weber: “This is it guys...this is THE game by which people will define our season. After not having a team for 15 years, nobody expected us to win any games. Now we’re 4-2. We took Ball St and Buffalo to the wire. Now it’s time to win the division and it starts right here today. Let’s kick their ass and don’t even bother taking names. Now let go get that panda...Pedro on 3...1–2–3...”

WHOLE TEAM: “PEDRO!!!!!”

The team flies out of the locker room ready to run through a brick wall on this day, determined to bring Pedro the Panda back to the South Side...

djp73

The CanAm Conference

Post by djp73 » 21 Jul 2020, 08:12

let's do this!

Topic author
CWeber

The CanAm Conference

Post by CWeber » 23 Jul 2020, 09:57

WEEK 8
ESPN College Football Final
Reece: Welcome back to college football final, im Reece Davis along with Kirk Herbstreit and Jesse Palmer. Guys weve got some big rivalries and major, major upsets to get to so let’s start with #1 Florida State losing to #12 Clemson in Death Valley 23-20.

Kirk: Yea Reece this game we knew was going to be a big one going in. FSU had some close calls earlier this year and Taj Boyd and this Tigers offense exposed a young and less experienced Seminoles defense.

Reece: Moving now to the Big10 and guys for the second time this year the #2 Buckeyes win a 1 point nail biter, 20-19 over Rutgers.

Jesse: After that 35-34 Maryland squeaker a couple weeks ago this team is looking questionable going into their biggest games of the year with Penn St, Michigan St and of course current #9 Michigan the last week of the season. Guys I think it’s gonna be tough for Ohio State to stay in the National Title hunt down the stretch.

Reece: Now lets go North of the Border to the CanAm Conference and one of Canada’s oldest, most bitter college football rivalries, The Panda Game between crosstown rivals, uOttawa and Carleton. This one wasn’t close on the scoreboard but guys, this is the first time all season Carleton has been held to under 400 total yards. They take home Pedro the Panda, 41-14 winners over the GeeGee’s.

Kirk: The Ravens defence was the key here. New DC Tony Salazar did a fantastic job of getting these guys ready to play in only two weeks with his new system. Ottawa tested them with the run and Reece, if Ottawa isn’t forced to gamble those 3 times on 4th down inside the 30...this game easily could have gone the other way. Kudos to the defensive play calling when it counted in their own end.

Jesse: This was actually the first time all season that Carleton had to contend with a more methodical, huddle every down offense as well. As we know these old MAC schools like to keep their foot on the gas, but Weber and Salazar did a great job of taking advantage of the slower pace this week. They were switching packages and keeping guys fresh all game, and that’s what ended some of those long drives Kirk.

Offensively I think this new system was a bit exposed though with Ottawa taking away the underneath routes. Look for them to maybe add in some single back, 3WR sets to give defences something different to look at every now and then. Don’t expect them to get away from the empty sets though. I’ve seen what this offense can do from that and guys...it’s impressive!

Reece: And finally we have a late game still in progress in the Pac12, and it is NOT looking good for #5 Arizona State. They trail big 38-17 with only about 3 minutes to go in that one against Washington.

Kirk: We all knew Arizona State was maybe overachieving with that #5 ranking and I think this was bound to happen. Despite the 6-0 start...guys...I don’t think they finish the season with 9 wins!

Reece: A bold prediction there from Kirk. And that’ll do it for us here on Final see you all again next week!

ImageCarleton Sea1 Wk 8-page-001 by Chris Weber, on Flickr

djp73

The CanAm Conference

Post by djp73 » 23 Jul 2020, 12:57

ol ball coach had em ready to ball eh?