Tradition & Pride

This is where to post any NFL or NCAA football franchises.

Fapplatte

Tradition & Pride

Post by Fapplatte » 22 Jul 2020, 14:21

will be following. fuck the ratbirds, greedy purple rapists

Captain Canada

Tradition & Pride

Post by Captain Canada » 22 Jul 2020, 14:35

I'm with it, dominate the AFC and exclusively lose to the Patriots.

Topic author
mvp

Tradition & Pride

Post by mvp » 22 Jul 2020, 14:54

djp73 wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 09:54
:bowdown: :bowdown: Get a ring.
djp73 wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 13:22
always an interesting team to chise with since they never really rebuild but they don't really splurge on free agents, planning to stick to that formula?
Honestly it really depends. If it makes sense I'll go with it, especially if we're talking about QB1, but typically I like to roll with a more balanced attack than a "stars and studs" approach. Like you said though, the goal is to win a ring.
Fapplatte wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 14:21
will be following. fuck the ratbirds, greedy purple rapists
:mischief:
Captain Canada wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 14:35
I'm with it, dominate the AFC and exclusively lose to the Patriots.
Cam might be a problem...

Thanks for checking in everyone :bowdown:

Topic author
mvp

Tradition & Pride

Post by mvp » 23 Jul 2020, 09:53

Steelers finalize rookie signings
Brian Batko | June 27, 2020 10:39 am ET

Pittsburgh’s new general manager Mike Perry didn’t waste any time tackling his first order of business Friday night as he and the team finished signing the last of their draft picks from April’s draft.

R2.P49 WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame

Though he's listed as a wide receiver, Claypool has the body of a tight end at 6-foot-4, 238 pounds. His addition gives quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a third receiving target of at least 6-4, joining tight ends Eric Ebron and Vance McDonald. 

In going with Claypool over available running backs J.K. Dobbins and Cam Akers, the Steelers prioritized Roethlisberger's receiving weapons and seemingly gave another vote of confidence to running back James Conner, who — as former general manager and current VP Kevin Colbert reiterated recently — overcame a number of "acute" injuries.

R3.P102 LB Alex Highsmith, Charlotte

Highsmith — a physical competitor — expects to be a special teams contributor this year while he develops behind Bud Dupree and T.J. Watt. With the depth of the position, Coach Tomlin has the luxury of allowing him to grow in the position and transition from a small school to the NFL.

R4.P124 RB Anthony McFarland Jr., Maryland

McFarland is expected to contribute for the Steelers right away in 2020, hopefully adding speed and big plays to a ground attack that finished the season 29th and 30th in rushing yards and touchdowns, respectively.

R4.P135 OL Kevin Dotson, Louisiana

After the retirement of Ramon Foster and departure of versatile backup B.J. Finney, the Steelers needed to add depth on the interior of the offensive line in the draft. Because they signed Stefen Wisniewski in free agency, there isn't necessarily a need to draft an immediate starter — but adding competition for Wisniewski doesn't hurt. They checked that box by drafting Dotson, making him the first player drafted who wasn't invited to the NFL combine.

R6.P198 S Antoine Brooks Jr., Maryland

With his size — 5-11, 213 pounds — and physicality, Brooks can play all over the field — something that Steelers' coaching staff say they expect Brooks to do. Brooks said he's most comfortable in the box, and he likes to be aggressive to the ball. But he could also play a hybrid inside linebacker role or one as a nickel back.

R7.P232 DT Carlos Davis, Nebraska

At 6-2, 320 pounds, Davis is a big body who played his senior season as a graduate player. He played nose tackle at Nebraska, and could have an opportunity to see the field early. With his 4.79 40-yard dash, Davis can be a rush defensive tackle in a subpackage, as well as a nose in base defense.

Captain Canada

Tradition & Pride

Post by Captain Canada » 23 Jul 2020, 12:49

Claypool is one of the my favorite receivers in this draft. I'm excited to see what you do.

CWeber

Tradition & Pride

Post by CWeber » 23 Jul 2020, 21:53

McFarland is gonna be a real key to the offense. Can he live up to the Steelers rep of big game RBs?

Topic author
mvp

Tradition & Pride

Post by mvp » 24 Jul 2020, 09:48

Captain Canada wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 12:49
Claypool is one of the my favorite receivers in this draft. I'm excited to see what you do.
He's got some versatility. Really liked watching him in the few ND games I saw. I'm excited to see him line up across from JuJu.
CWeber wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 21:53
McFarland is gonna be a real key to the offense. Can he live up to the Steelers rep of big game RBs?
Looks like he chose Lev Bell's number :shock: , so I guess we'll see lol

Topic author
mvp

Tradition & Pride

Post by mvp » 24 Jul 2020, 09:49

Contract extensions possibly looming for Smith-Schuster, James Conner among others heading into 2020
Niko Jamison | July 1, 2020 4:30 pm ET

As Mike Perry settles into his new role, one of the most pressing concerns of any franchise is the roster. Now that Perry has locked up this year’s rookie class, he’ll be looking ahead at the upcoming unrestricted free agents and – along with the coaching staff – deciding who will continue suiting up in the black and yellow next year and beyond.

Right now there are 17 players whose contract expires at the end of this upcoming season. Contract negotiations can be a touchy subject, and depending on the player can cause turmoil in a locker room if not handled correctly.

Recent cases of contract situations gone wrong include former Steelers Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. It’s imperative for GM Mike Perry to get a handle on things early and ensure the media doesn’t grasp hold of any negative press.

Below are the expiring contracts and analysis.

Cream of the Crop
JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR - JuJu is a stud and an important weapon that Perry is going to have to look at locking up for the long haul. Ben Roethlisberger missed all of but two games last season – and although he lost both games, Smith-Schuster was and is his top weapon to look to. As the youngest player ever to reach 2,500 career receiving yards he’ll be looking for top dollar, and he should get it.

James Conner, HB - Conner has proved his worth over the last couple of seasons, but we’re going to have to monitor him closely this year. In his age-25 season, Conner faces a big opportunity to earn a major contract if he can get back to his 2018-season pro bowl form. An extension before the season ends could be a bit premature in this instance.

Cam Heyward, DL - Heyward is coming off a 9-sack, first team all-pro season. Extending his contract would be a no-brainer, but being that he’s entering his age-31 season, there is room for pause. Depending on his demands, the Perry faces a tough decision to make for the greater good of the team.

Caught in the Middle
Bud Dupree, LB - Dupree is coming off a promising season in which he recorded 11.5 sacks and forced four fumbles in 16 starts. He is entering his prime and could be a good role piece in this Steelers defense. Expect to see Bud get his contract extended during the season if he gets off to a hot start.

Alejandro Villanueva, OT - Villanueva is Roethlisberger’s main protection on the line. As long as Perry decides to keep Ben in his plans over the next couple of seasons, Villanueva should be expected to stick around for just as long.

Matt Feiler, OT - Feiler sits across from Villanueva on the offensive line and should be in a similar position in order to receive an in-season extension. The caveat here is that Feiler is three years younger than his o-line counterpart which would make it more likely for him to see an extension this year. Continuity in the trenches is imperative, but it all comes down to performance in the end.

Bottom Feeders
Paxton Lynch, QB - The former first-round Bronco draft pick has been nothing but a warm seat on the bench since joining the team last season. If a good deal presents itself and the coaching staff is happy with Lynch, then keeping him around seems like the thing to do. I wouldn’t expect a deal to get done until after the season though because of the insignificance of his impact to the team.

Ryan Switzer, WR - Switzer is a glorified kick returner at this point and may not be worth the money to keep around. It’s too early to tell what his agent is thinking in terms of contract value, but this is a situation where an in-season extension would not be worth GM Mike Perry’s time.

Jordan Berry, P - Berry is a punter who will not see any contract extension considerations until the end of the year.

List of Expiring Contracts
QB - Paxton Lynch
HB - James Conner
HB - Trey Edmunds
WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR - Ryan Switzer
OL - Zach Banner
OL - Matt Feiler
OL - Alejandro Villanueva
DL - Tyson Alualu
DL - Cameron Heyward
DL - Daniel McCullers
DL - Chris Wormley
LB - Bud Dupree
CB - Mike Hilton
CB - Cameron Sutton
S - Jordan Dangerfield
P - Jordan Berry

Soapy

Tradition & Pride

Post by Soapy » 25 Jul 2020, 13:54

idk why but i really dislike juju

following bro

Topic author
mvp

Tradition & Pride

Post by mvp » 26 Jul 2020, 14:58

Soapy wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 13:54
idk why but i really dislike juju

following bro
Thanks bro. We all have our favs... I’m not really a James Conner guy, for no reason lol