Non-sports games

Everything that isn't sports or franchises. Whether it's music, chat, politics or anything else.

Topic author
Agent

Non-sports games

Post by Agent » 17 Jan 2022, 16:52

1. Red Dead 2 & 1 - incredible games imo. The story & gameplay is so addicting that it's always so bittersweet to beat the game. After I beat RDR2 the first time I was still itching for more so I went back & beat 1 again. Red Dead online is a joke overall but my friends & I still manage to find ways to have tons of fun shooting up mfs.

2. Left 4 Dead 2 - I have had so much fun playing this game over the years online with my friends that it ranks so high for me strictly off of a personal connection to this game. My Xbox One for some reason hasn't been able to read the 360 disc I have so I haven't played it forever. Back 4 Blood isn't as impactful for me because I only play single player but it's still a really solid game (same creators).

3. Grand Theft Auto - I enjoy the entire catalog but I would say 5 is best. I beat San Andreas sometime last year before the remaster came out (I didn't know) :cry: I have it on Xbox One & PS4 if anyone wants to run around & kill other online players or get some gwap in heists.

4. Yakuza games - With gamepass I had access to all the games but they recently removed 1 & 2 before I could complete them. My introduction was the latest title Like a Dragon (Yakuza 7) but it was so good I wanted to play them in order. I beat 0 and while playing 1 they pulled it :smh: Just beat Yakuza 3 last night & moving to 4 sometime soon. Very great gameplay & story. Just run around as a Yakuza & punch other mfs up. Super fun.

6. Friday the 13th - Similar to Left 4 Dead 2. This game online with your friends is just too much fun. Being Jason & hunting > trying to survive imo.

5. Halo - Halo 3 specifically really is one of my favorite games of all time. I need to play infinite more. I played a few online matches & I still got my skills... sorta.

7. Tekken - Had to throw a fighting game on here. Who wants to see me as Feng Wei or Hwoarang? I'll gladly hand out fades 8-)

8. Pokemon - I havent played in years but my gameboy color & advance days were dominated with Pokemon. Used to take my cable cord to elementary school & battle on the school bus.

Not easy to think of some of your favorite titles off the top of your head, but we can always add more as you remember them :bowdown: Wow it's kinda alarming that everything I have listed above is violent :drose:
Last edited by Agent on 05 Mar 2022, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

mvp

Your favorite non-sports games

Post by mvp » 18 Jan 2022, 09:14

I don't really play non-sports games much. But used to play COD with the lax bros until the cheese became too annoying to deal with. Played Warzone a little, but not as fun. I did fux with San Andreas hard way back though.

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 18 Jan 2022, 12:16

I haven't played too many non-sports games as of late because #chising. Though with Game Pass, I've recently been playing a few. Marvel's Avengers I just recently beat, and I'm always looking for engaging storylines to play so I'll take any suggestions.

Thinking of trying out The Arkham catalog, if anyone has ever tried it.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 21 Jan 2022, 09:54

Captain Canada wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 12:16
I haven't played too many non-sports games as of late because #chising. Though with Game Pass, I've recently been playing a few. Marvel's Avengers I just recently beat, and I'm always looking for engaging storylines to play so I'll take any suggestions.

I played the latest one on Gamepass but I didn't fw it much.

Man. Marvels' Avengers could've been great but it's not. I can't beat the last mission on Black Panther. I finally got past all the annoying shit that lowers the frame rate (because there's so many enemies spawning) only to get to the final boss fight. I thought it was a new mission so I returned to Quinjet thinking I could just return.
Nope. Back to the start of the final mission again.
Are you sure you want to turn off Xbox > Yes.

Also. Playstation getting Spiderman & Xbox not sucks. I have a PS4 so if I knew that I would've copped it on PS4 from the jump instead of Xbox rofl.

Caesar

Post by Caesar » 21 Jan 2022, 11:10

Anything grand strategy, except HoI4. But HoI3, Victoria, Stellaris, EU, etc.

Topic author
Agent

Post by Agent » 21 Jan 2022, 11:27

Had to look grand strategy up. I’ve never even heard of the genre before. :o

Different from RTS? I’m the worst at some real time strategy

Captain Canada

Post by Captain Canada » 21 Jan 2022, 12:46

Agent wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 09:54
Captain Canada wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 12:16

I played the latest one on Gamepass but I didn't fw it much.

Man. Marvels' Avengers could've been great but it's not. I can't beat the last mission on Black Panther. I finally got past all the annoying shit that lowers the frame rate (because there's so many enemies spawning) only to get to the final boss fight. I thought it was a new mission so I returned to Quinjet thinking I could just return.
Nope. Back to the start of the final mission again.
Are you sure you want to turn off Xbox > Yes.

Also. Playstation getting Spiderman & Xbox not sucks. I have a PS4 so if I knew that I would've copped it on PS4 from the jump instead of Xbox rofl.
Haven't tackled it yet, and I'm not excited.

Put me on some GamePass games though, I'm trying to expand my horizons.

The JZA

Post by The JZA » 21 Jan 2022, 19:42

Retros
— "Final Fantasy VIII". My #1 out of the series, but 2nd entry played. Underrated in facets of story, gameplay and characters. Despite feeling like a "teen movie" (in a good sense) in comparison to "Final Fantasy VII", I loved it's complexity in the junction system, that makes the game all so simple once you figure it out. You hate the game once you figure out there was no point in grinding to lvl 99 as it scales the difficulty. Amazing story despite it's unusual roundabout of learning what the cast meant to each other. Definitely had some of the best CG work for it's time and plenty of great battles for a four-disc title.

— "Final Fantasy VII" (Series). The lore within a lore within a lore of other lores. Spent so many hours and hours post-completion just digging through everyone's background and origins, all because of the Jenova species. I wanted to know more about it as the game was very elusive to bringing that creature to life despite it being just a support character to my guy Sephiroth, top 3 greatest OP villains. While "Final Fantasy VII" is the #1 franchise game in the series for obvious reasons (multiple titles, movie, anime, epic OST, etc.) I still can't shake that with everything that happened in this epic tale, it all happened because of misinformation :drose:

— "Sonic Generations". Arguably the G.O.A.T. Sonic game in the franchise. Had the best of both worlds while nostalgic and a breath of fresh air.

— "Kill Zone" (Series). Loved that Guerilla brought something different to the FPS genre. Interplanetary war among Earth forces and the Helghast all because of Earth's military scientific fuck ups.

— "Fire Emblem: Awakening. One of the best RPGs I've yet to finish.

— "Pokemon: Yellow Version". The most electrifying game in Pokemon entertainment

— "James Bond Jr.". This game was flawed, but I loved it for what it was.

— "Killer Instinct (SNES)". Come on, what other fighting game you know that had a bad ass theme like "Killer Instinct"???

— "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3". My #2 on the G.O.A.T. list of DB Games.

— "GTA IV". Not the best, but I love it for it's NY aesthetics. I still say they should've went with a homebred character than overseas, but still a great game.

— "God Of War" (Series, not the PS4). A raging half god who knows no lotion that can best his ashy skin while killing his relatives and fucking broads in his spare time. What else is there to acknowledge?

— "Metal Gear Solid 4 & Revengence". Arguably two of the best in the MGS series, especially IV's final fight/cinema.

— "Def Jam: Fight For NY". "You're nothing but a punk, your daddy's a punk, and your momma's a bitch" - Ice T. A 10/10 game that needs a remaster. Game was ahead of it's time and kept it real authentic. O.G. classic.

Modern

— "Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2". Literally the modern day version of "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3", just a cleaner and deeper arena battle game.

— "Cyberpunk 2077". Say what you want, but that game is dope. Didn't run into but a few bugs during my two & a half playthroughs.

— "Yakuza" (Series). So many games, so many hours put into it. Definitely one of the best franchise series PlayStation ever housed. Kazuma Kiryu is a legend in god damned Kamorucho. G.O.A.T. status. Even though this should fall in the retro, I got the remastered, so.. Dibbs.

— "Persona 5 Royal". 130 Hours put into this title. Loved every second of it. I honestly haven't been into the "Shin Shigami"/"Persona" series like that back in the day, but this one for some reason captivated me along with it's amazing, yet chill acid-jazz soundtrack.

— "Judgement" (Series). NGL, I like a good detective game. Judgement surprised me with it's great story and character development. A bit over the top with all the fighting for the MC being a former Lawyer and Private Eye, but it's still a Yakuza game. And with Yakuza going turn based, Judgement def makes the list for all-out fighting.

— "Devil May Cry V" Epic ass title. A huge up-pace from "IV". Even though "IV" was used to introduce Nero, I love how they brewed and blossomed his character and background in "DMC V".

— "Ghost of Tsushima" :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

— "Samurai Warriors 5" Awesome title, gotta finish it though. Looking forward to "Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires" though I wasn't a fan of "Dynasty Warriors 9" it-self.

— "Fire Emblem: Three Houses". Epic ass game and my first in the Fire Emblem series. It's what got me into the series as a whole. Need more TRPG games like this.

— "Batman: Arkham Collection". Shit is a movie by themselves. Altogether making a phenomenal story teller.

— "Life Is Strange" (Series). A bit on the soft side, but :shrug: I likes it.

— "Dead Or Alive 6". I like tits :shrug:

— "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven". I'm a JoJo fan, which makes me a JoJo reference. Other than it's rather stiff mechanics, I fucks with this game for the oras, the mudas, the harmon, because German science is the finest in the world :troll:

— "Naruto x Buroto: Shinobi Strikers". I don't play it enough, but it's damn good.

— "Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm" (Series). Arguably the best way to watch the anime tbh :yep:

— "Marvel: Guardians of the Galaxy". Hell of a game to close out 2021. Definitely worth every penny
Last edited by The JZA on 21 Jan 2022, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.

Caesar

Post by Caesar » 21 Jan 2022, 19:50

Agent wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:27
Had to look grand strategy up. I’ve never even heard of the genre before. :o

Different from RTS? I’m the worst at some real time strategy
You can typically pause grand strategy games even if you're playing online, but the major difference is the length of the games. A long Starcraft game (an RTS I used to play religiously) is like an hour. A long game in Crusader Kings is like 40 hours.

Soapy

Post by Soapy » 22 Jan 2022, 08:20

I got gifted Ghost of Tsushima, a game I never would have bought on my own, and it's pretty good. That style of game also got me into Hitman 3 which was free. What are some similar games like that?