New Year's Resolutions

Everything that isn't sports or franchises. Whether it's music, chat, politics or anything else.

Topic author
James

New Year's Resolutions

Post by James » 31 Dec 2018, 20:56

Well it's that time again. I'm sorry for those who have already had this occasion occur that I'm late but I was curious if anyone had any New Year's resolutions.

One of the podcasts I listen to brought up a good way to do resolutions. You choose specific, reasonable goals that are quantifiable. He also recommended having several different categories. Some of those are
  • Financial
  • Educational
  • Fitness
  • Family
  • Career
  • Social
I can link you to the full explanations if you are curious, I'm not going to post it here because there are some religious aspects to it and I know not everyone is interested in that but the categories listed above I think are pretty universal despite your religious beliefs.

Some of mine personally are:
  • Run at least 5 miles a week
  • Eat healthier and get down to 150 pounds (160 currently)
  • Read at least 1 non-fiction book each month
  • Phone usage averaged at less than an hour per day per week
  • Crack down on phone usage while in social situations. (I'm not terrible at this but I basically want to eliminate it)
You don't have to follow my categories or format at all. Just interested in hearing from other people as well.

djp73

New Year's Resolutions

Post by djp73 » 02 Jan 2019, 08:55

work out/lose weight/get back in shape/healthier

cut down on phone usage in general, especially when I'm with my wife and son, started on this last year and I think I'm at a reasonable amount now, just want to get better

read more, even if it's comic books

Chillcavern

New Year's Resolutions

Post by Chillcavern » 02 Jan 2019, 12:58

Put in more time at work. Stuff is ramping up and I need to put in extra time.

Trying to eat better and more consistently. Gotten to a good place in terms of starting to eat less, now it's time to fix the diet and stop eating dinner at midnight.

Captain Canada

New Year's Resolutions

Post by Captain Canada » 02 Jan 2019, 16:02

I would love to cut out most junk food from my diet. I'm (hopefully) on the track for a couple pro football tryouts coming this summer so I've been really grinding in the gym, getting my body together.

So, I've got the typical resolutions of maintaining good habits, continuing to work hard, and make new opportunities for myself.